• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Vote to Befriend a Pokemon: Which Pokemon did YOU choose?

Which Generation is your chosen Pokemon from?

• Generation 1/Kanto

Votes: 204 39.4%
  • Generation 2/Johto

Votes: 102 19.7%
  • Generation 3/Hoenn

Votes: 119 23.0%
  • Generation 4/Sinnoh

Votes: 93 18.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MHugs

Swadloon cuddle~
Just wondering why having 6-7 Arceus would be worse than having 5, is all. I know we're not getting anything new out of this, but at least this one is different from other releases of Arceus in that it can be nicknamed. Not much, but still when you consider we could have gotten Mudkip or Magikarp or something . . .
It's not like I've been happily grabbing new iterations of Arceus until this point, when I'm suddenly mad about another one. I've been getting them because they're there (just like I'm going to get this one).

This event is worse because it didn't have to be Arceus. When they make an Arceus movie and release a movie Arceus, that's all that could be. If there's a poll and a chance for something new, and it's still Arceus, that really annoys me.

But I don't play competitively, so it isn't ruining my day or anything. A change would have been nice is all.

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
I choosed Deoxys. It (and Shaymin) are the only Legendaries i don't have yet. ^^" Plus, Deoxys are badass~

PS: if anyone have a spare Deoxys/Shaymin, i wouldn't mind trading for it~ *wink, wink*

PokeTimmy

Collector
Raised a lv 100 hydreigon for an arceus that has lost its rarity and worth . GREAT!!!!!!

The fact that you traded a relatively common pokemon for an event pokemon leads me to believe that you received a hacked/cloned Arceus.

Why don't you use this even as an opportunity to get an Arceus that you know, 100%, is legitimate?

Ememew

Emerald Mew
It's not like I've been happily grabbing new iterations of Arceus until this point, when I'm suddenly mad about another one. I've been getting them because they're there (just like I'm going to get this one).

This event is worse because it didn't have to be Arceus. When they make an Arceus movie and release a movie Arceus, that's all that could be. If there's a poll and a chance for something new, and it's still Arceus, that really annoys me.

But I don't play competitively, so it isn't ruining my day or anything. A change would have been nice is all.

Don't get me wrong, I also would have preferred an unreleased hidden ability Pokemon (Regenerator Ho-oh or Multiscale Lugia would have been my first picks, since they're less likely to be released through a regular DW expansion than Imposter Ditto or another non-legend). I'm just saying that, given that Korea got Rayquaza (the only difference between it and the one available in HG/SS being that you have the option of putting it in a Dream Ball), it could be worse. Nicknames aren't much, but it's more of a difference from the previous event Arceus than some alternative winners might have had.

Would something with an unreleased hidden ability be better? Of course. But Arceus won, so try to look at whatever positives it has over the alternatives. It is an "own OT" event that, due to the lack of the Azure Flute in Gen 4, is only available through the Dream World. Yes, it's the same one Japan got. But it's still something the international games have not had access to before.

Honestly, I think that the fact that no hidden ability Pokemon won in Japan, Korea, or internationally probably means that they'll just be given out later. It's a matter of possibly getting something new sooner that didn't end up happening rather than the possibility of getting something new at all.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
um
They're upset because they had the chance to get something unobtainable, like Ditto, but now can't.

It's all there, black and white, clear as crystal! You get nothing! You lose! Good day, sir!

But seriously sis, I'm pretty sure that they're going to release that Ditto eventually. Some people are acting like it's the end of the world just because it didn't win that poll, and it's sad that some have even resorted to cursing. Like I said before, it's just a game, and people shouldn't be too upset with the results.

ShaoWeh

If you don't want extra Arceus, why did you get 4 extras in the first place?

It's called collecting, you donkey... -_-

Ememew

Emerald Mew
Donkey? Really?

I explained why I asked a few posts down, asking why 6-7 Arceus (depending on if you have both games) is so much worse than 5. It's collectable in its own way since Arceus with your own OT hasn't been released internationally before.

I understand being disappointed since it doesn't have a hidden ability or anything, but its still "rare" in that its an event Pokemon you can name. Could have been Rayquaza like Korea got.

Miltank Lover

Breeder, Miltank Ftw
My trolling Arceus will be named, "PrizePony" and he will destroy.

Aegon

But seriously sis, I'm pretty sure that they're going to release that Ditto eventually. Some people are acting like it's the end of the world just because it didn't win that poll, and it's sad that some have even resorted to cursing. Like I said before, it's just a game, and people shouldn't be too upset with the results.
:O That's unbelievable. What ever shall we do?

But yes, I do believe Ditto will be released eventually; there's no reason for it not to happen.

abrar14

Statter Master
But seriously i didn't want Arceus but at least the 4chan trollers weren't able to make mudkip win.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
:O That's unbelievable. What ever shall we do?

But yes, I do believe Ditto will be released eventually; there's no reason for it not to happen.

Well it's not "bad", but it's certainly unnecessary. People shouldn't get this worked up over a silly poll. But I wonder what I would've done with Ditto if it had won the poll. I probably wouldn't trade it since I doubt anyone would want that Ditto; everyone and their pets would've already had one if it had been released. I bet I'd just store the Ditto in my PC.

Trollceus strikes again.

SmartD

I picked Lucario, because I voted for the heck of it. So Arceus wins the poll, it was inevitable since almost everyone likes Arceus. Oh well I already have an Arceus in my game anyway.

rocky505

I picked Lucario, because I voted for the heck of it. So Arceus wins the poll, it was inevitable since almost everyone likes Arceus. Oh well I already have an Arceus in my game anyway.
But that Arceus you have is not Nicknameable though.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Other than being nickname-able, the Arceus before this one are always in a Cherish Ball (if you don't count the Hall of Origin one that is ;)) so this is the first chance to get a legit Arceus in any Ball you like, as long as the Ball is normally obtainable in 5th Gen.

The best part is that you don't even have to waste a lot of Balls, only 1 is needed :p

But I'm neutral on Arceus winning the poll.
I prefer Heatran to be honest, but I'm glad at least the winner isn't Mudkip or Magikarp.

TVGuru

The Nightmare Begins
Maybe the company did this intentionally - so they can squeeze in a few more events before the big release - so this may mean that they might release DW ditto in this time after all.

Don't flame me for thinking optimistically xD

Looks like you're right. They just started distributing the DW event Mamoswine yesterday. Had no clue about it.

MHugs

Swadloon cuddle~
Hey, now I can finally realize my long-held dream of nicknaming an Arceus "LOLOLOLOL."

Well, nicknaming a non-Hall of Origin Arcues that, anyway...