• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VPN or Proxy

What do you prefer vpn or proxy?

• VPN

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Proxy

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

SummerHaze

I use VPN too. I found vpn for iphone free download and decided to give it a try. It has unlimited data and provides a high level of security. With its help I have access to the blocked content and can easily bypass all restrictions. So convy. It doesn't cost a lot, btw.

Last edited:

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
VPNs are better in just about every metric, the only reason to use a proxy is in a situation where you can't install a VPN (such as a school computer).

pokeplayer9994

Is there a method to get a VPN but without paying?
There are some that give you a free trial or a free for a limited amount of data sort of deal.

However, if we're talking 100% free, that is where things get tricky. You see, a lot of truly free VPNs either have ads to make up for giving it away for free and/or skimp on the extra security that getting a paid one often offers. Not to mention capping your speed in some cases. (Almost as if they are punishing you for choosing the "Free" option.) However, the worst offenders are those who log your data and then sell it on the side to advertisers and companies that want to sell you stuff. (Or even on the Black Market.) (Also, paid VPNs aren't above this sometimes.) Plus there are those that restrict which websites you go to. If you're going to go this route, do your research and choose carefully.

Oh, and don't get me started with those that infect you with spyware and the like. Ugh! The worst!

Can't really say what I would recommend in this case, but best of luck out there.

Cargris

I prefer VPN. When people hear the term “virtual private network,” they often believe it’s something too high-tech for the average user and there’s no reason why they should use a VPN. But this isn’t actually true; a VPN can benefit large companies and individuals alike. Traveling and using public wifi, transmitting sensitive information or even just perusing entertainment options on Netflix are all activities that can be done more safely through the use of a VPN.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Neither. To be honest, I use websites that'll ban me if I use a VPN, so I refuse to use one and lose access to them, and proxies are just...no. No thank you. They're not necessary anymore. I'm not in school anymore where websites are blocked.

Josef Stylin

I want to dye
Well, let me tell you about NordVPN, a VPN service with over 5,000 servers in over 50 countries around the world. Staying safe online is an ever growing difficulty and you could be exploited by hackers. NordVPN allows you to change your IP address, making you harder to track, securing your privacy. Also, I know there's always that one show you want to watch but it's just not available in your streaming service in your country. They also have you covered on that one! You can seamlessly switch between countries, connect to your streaming service and watch all the content you want! And they still have so much more to offer, including 24/7 customer support and a 30-day money-back guarantee! Check them out and if you're interested you can use the code STYLIN to get a huge discount on your first two-year plan! And of course, thanks to the wonderful people at NordVPN for sponsoring this post.

Morax

King of heroes
VPNs are the obvious choice but they are so goddamn expensive it's not worth getting one. Why does privacy, a basic human need, come at a cost? It should be free ffs

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
VPN. Don't regret buying one as not just it's super easy, it also works for the use I wanted out of it.

~Flareon~

VPNs are the obvious choice but they are so goddamn expensive it's not worth getting one. Why does privacy, a basic human need, come at a cost? It should be free ffs
Some of them are free though like TunnelBear and a few others. With some limitations for sure, but they're useable.

Morax

King of heroes
Some of them are free though like TunnelBear and a few others. With some limitations for sure, but they're useable.
Those 'limitations' make them literally unusable lol.
>can only connect to a single IP
>limited data (a few Mbs)
>limited bandwidth (in Mbps)

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
So build your own?