• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VS Raihan! A Fight with Masters Eight on the Line!! (1198)

What Lucario did is crazy, it's extremely powerful but I think this attack is like a Genkidama. Still, being trained by Greninja speaks highly of the latter. I'm sure that Ash-Greninja should be stronger than all the most powerful Pokémon of the champions except obviously Leon

Ryker101

Saw it again with subs and I liked it more. The quicker matchups had good character moments substituted in, like Raihan questioning Ash's motivations throughout. I like how Ash was originally gonna use mega evolution, but switched it up with dynamax when things didn't work out as well. It's nice that he also carries his dynamax band (and probs z-ring) just incase, being able to adapt his game-plan on the fly. I bet he'll need that improvisation for future matches too. Funny how he apologised to Lucario as well and didn't switch Gengar cause he wanted to battle. Just classic Ash stuff

Also I think Lucario absorbed Gmax Depletion as well, which helps explain it to me. I wanted Duraludon to battle more in base form (maybe a steel beam collision) but gmaxing immediately makes sense. Raihan said he wanted to go all out and he would've weakened Lucario early, then finished it off. Overall a good fight, was initially disappointed that Raihan would be knocked out early but now Ash can fight Alain in M8

Landton

Raihans Duraludon,wow. First uses ineffective moves against Lucario and then got defeated with 3 Aura Spheres. Talking about a letdown. Goodra was just as bad.
What does this matter? The Duraludon fight could have been a bit longer in its base form but it's hardly an issue.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What Lucario did is crazy, it's extremely powerful but I think this attack is like a Genkidama. Still, being trained by Greninja speaks highly of the latter. I'm sure that Ash-Greninja should be stronger than all the most powerful Pokémon of the champions except obviously Leon
And Alainzard; its Kryptonite.

D

Deleted member 384931

I mean you're having some kind of meltdown. It's short matches, nothing to go ballistic over.
Meltdown? Ballistic? Idk what you are seeing, but I am just pointing out things I noticed or didnt feel right. I dont take everything for granted that I see. I question things.

XXD17

Draco rex

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
And Alainzard; its Kryptonite.

Well alainzard had plot armor in that finals, plot of not letting ash win a league at any cost. This time if they face each other this time he wont have any plot armor if anything plot armor is with ash this series.

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Your Rival

I'm looking at the Game Champions and they go like this:

Generation I: It's always your rival. Play Red, Green, Blue, Yellow, FireRed, LeafGreen = Grandson Oak is the Champion. Play Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee = Trace is the Champion
Generation II: Lance
Generation III: Steven Stone
Generation IV: Cynthia
Generation V: Iris through Black 2 and White 2
Generation VI: Diantha
Generation VII: You, the player since there exist no prior Champion before you
Generation VIII: Leon

Normally, Ash's main rival would be Gary Oak. But Gary has retired from Pokémon Battling and Ash already beaten him. Paul is a Silver expy, so he can't really be Champion material. Ash has no rivals in Hoenn beyond League one-shot contenders. Iris is Ash's best rival in Unova. Gladion has already beaten in Alola plus he's not interested in Leagues, just a guy trying to get stronger. This leaves Alain, the one recurring rival that Ash has yet to be beat at all.
Nice observation... I think the closest explanation for Steven and Iris is that they're the Champions from the latest versions of the games of their regions (B2W2 and ORAS)... Alain representing the "rival" as Champion from Gen. 1 and Ash representing the "player" as Champion from Gen. 7 makes sense...

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
The Ash/Raihan dialogue during the battle was so stupid.

Raihan: I WANT TO BEAT LEON, I WILL BE THE ONE TO BEAT LEON
Ash: NO, BUT I ALSO WANT TO BEAT LEON!!!
Raihan: *looks surprised for some reason as if Ash said something mindblowing*

What pointless dialogue. Nothing new was said, nothing of interest was said, completely shallow exchange that took up time lol.

The battle itself was mediocre (both in terms of writing and directing), the only standout moment being G-Max Gengar using its gigantic mouth to suck up the Sandstorm, I thought that was quite creative and unexpected. Not going to comment on the Mega Aura Sphere moment. Even if it was established in the earlier episode, I'm kinda sick of Lucario.

Last edited:

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
As a Ash's Dragonite fanboy, *I mean, ....I'm a dragonite fanboy in general but the fact remains* I only slightly mind how it lost the fight. Ash's shotgun plays have a habit of working out by KOing the mon or putting his Pokemon in an advantageous position but here, Flygon went back into the sandstorm as soon as it got the chance and so ash just had Dragonite doing the same thing. The play works but it's slow and while Dragonite is charging Draco meteor / hoping it does something, Dragonite's just sitting there like a sitting duck. Of course Raihan wasn't gonna allow that silliness to happen again. Dragonite has long sense proven it's a strong battler so this whole Dragonite losing scenario was entirely on Ash's misplay. He should've immediately switched out Dragonite as soon as he saw that his shotgun play, while causing damage to Flygon, didn't do anything to change the situation he was in.

On that note, why did he go into Gengar? My most immediate thought when ash was about to choose his next Pokemon was, "Lucario is the most perfect counter one could ask for in this situation. Yea, he didn't know Flygon's 4th move at the time so it could've been a ground move but first of all, Gengar is part poison so a ground type move would've also affected it in a similar manner, *though Anime Gengar has levitate so maybe not* Lucario is a steel type so sandstorm wouldn't affect it, and Lucario has aura so sandstorm is literally a non factor. There was zero reason to not go into Lucario.

Flygon v Gengar: Gengar sucking Sandstorm in was quite cute but aside from that, I honestly skipped this part because I was still peeved at Ash making such dumb decisions in the beginning of the fight. I will note however, that Raihan's Flygon is REALLY beefy. It took a Draco Meteor, Dragon Dance boosted Dragon Claw, G-Max Terror, and Max Starfall before FINALLY going down. Jeez!

Goodra vs Gengar. I have very little to say about the fight itself and more so Raihan's Goodra. I don't know why I was expecting it to have the same voice as Ash's Goodra but I did note that it didn't, when it was sent out. Also, HOLY COW this thing is aggressive. Ash does not know how to train a Goodra is all I'm saying. It didn't give Gengar any room to breath. Also though, it literally went down to one Max Starfall before tying with Gengar. Goodra has the distinction of being both a big dumb tank as seen in the anime, and a glass cannon with a death wish, as seen in the anime.

Duraludon vs Lucario: I have so little to say about this, it's honestly kinda sad. and yet, I have so much to say that I'm honeslty a little confused. Like first, do evasion move work on max moves in the anime? Like, semantics, I know but as soon as Ash called out double team, I thought. Wow, that's not how any of this works. But I guess it was more to confuse Duraludon for a second so we move on. Next Aura Sphere.... well the first ones. I think we can come to the conclusion that Lucario is decidedly not Raihan's Goodra cause they did nothing. Also, Dragonite / Flygon it is not because all it took was one Max steelspike to put Lucario on the back foot. Then, Lucario realizes it has nakama powers, makes an Aura Sphere bigger than last episode, received recognition from its sensei before said sensei dies / never returns again, *I am so confident of this, it's scary* and beat Duraludon in 3 hits solidifying that it is in fact an ace and I didn't care for any of it. it was MEGA EVOLVED last episode, As an avid fairy tail watcher at some point in my life, the "Remember your friends as you deliver the final blow" Spheal was old well before this point. The "Kyodai Aura Sphere" made me laugh though. I don't really know why.

As for the masters 8, I was spoiled that Alain was in the Masters 8 before I had a chance to watch the episode and even then I didn't have much to say. I guess I could say, why is Paul in the anime opening as though he has so much importance if Alain is gonna be the one taking the rival spotlight at the end of the day? At the same time though, I didn't care much. Also, Iris is there. *......FACEPALM* Why did he fight him during the Super Class if she was gonna show up in Master Class anyway?! Ash even made a face as though he wasn't expecting it. These story writers! I cant with these people! Everything else is expected. Even Cynthia being number 2 while Leon is number 1 though I lol SO hard at that. The dissonance between the game / anime writers and the gamers when it comes to Cynthia and leon is not lost on me.

6 / 10. I had a lot to say about an episode that I didn't really care about one way or the other. I think it was because as I was scrolling through Youtube, I got spoiled on the conclusion of the Flygon V Dragonite fight and I wanted to know how the writers would handle Dragonite's first official L not concerning a legendary, *Eternatus* so I was somewhat excited for this episode while still at work. I feel like this episode was frontloaded really hard. The Flygon V Dragonite fight was actually the highlight even beyond my somewhat unneeded excitement for the fight. It was fairly decent. After that though, nothing really happened. Some interesting moments like Glass cannon Goodra but everything else was really by the numbers. It's weird how little interest I have in the masters 8 portion of PWC but I guess that just goes to show how bad the writers bombed the PWC.

Last edited:

k6666

Pikachu Fan
I love the battle cause how ash gengar contributed more in the battle
The lucario. Fight is suck and so much plot armor , I can’t believe Raihan just stand there and didn’t order any attack when lucario build the genkidama energy , even Alain Blast To Burn Greninja When Ash Greninja Build up the Orange Water Shuriken

STICKTOPIA

Well thank God gengar got another win. If they showed greninja a second time in a row then it may play a role sometime soon. At least I hope so.

Trillion

loved this episode. and it's right before my birthday too

as a long time fan, seeing ash up there with those trainers at that caliber is amazing

and eating that sandstorm was classic ash lol. gengar mvp