• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VS Seeker or Match Call?

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
Which do you like more?

VS Seeker or Match Call, or maybe both?

I mean, which one do you like to be in Diamond and Pearl.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
I like Match Call because it stores information of the trainers and you learn more about them.

I do love information...

I've never used Match Call, is it in Emerald? Well, still I'd say VS Seeker ;)

VS Seeker is very good since you can mostly ask a trainer if they want to battle. Then walk 100 steps and try to ask them again unlike Match Call. All these annoying people randomly call you and like if you like to battle these certain trainers, you have to wait for them to want to battle you. Sometimes they like call at the worst time and I'm about ready to tell my Pokemon to attack them. >.>

Psychic Politoed said:
I like Match Call because it stores information of the trainers and you learn more about them.

I do love information...

Yeah, the info part is cool but everything else... blah. >.>

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Spirit Rubi said:
VS Seeker is very good since you can mostly ask a trainer if they want to battle. Then walk 100 steps and try to ask them again unlike Match Call. All these annoying people randomly call you and like if you like to battle these certain trainers, you have to wait for them to want to battle you. Sometimes they like call at the worst time and I'm about ready to tell my Pokemon to attack them. >.>

Yeah, the info part is cool but everything else... blah. >.>
I actually don't mind the repeated calling; I actually like it. And something you couldn't do in Gold/Silver/Crystal, you actually get to call Psychics. I love it!

Larvitar

I really love the Match Call. I hope they will have something like that in D/P :D

Pikamiki

PokeTrainer Miki
i like them both so i think they should be both present, of maybe a fusion of both of them!

Psychic Politoed said:
I actually don't mind the repeated calling; I actually like it. And something you couldn't do in Gold/Silver/Crystal, you actually get to call Psychics. I love it!

Well they always call at the wrong time whenever they call me... >.> Well, atleast you can call them back... but, you don't get to tell them anything... XD

Pikamiki said:
i like them both so i think they should be both present, of maybe a fusion of both of them!

Now I wouldn't mind a fusion... that would be pretty awesome...

MetalMario

< It's Passion Pink!
Better yet: e-mail. They'd send messages to your Poké-whatever, but they wouldn't disrupt you in what you were doing. There'd just be a little notification in the corner that would pop up like the "ROUTE XXX" notifications.

P. Mape

Cascade Trainer
yeah i would love something new like that email idea! they could finally put the real poke-mail to use, and decorate your composings and stuff.

*Ra*

The power of the sun
Personally i would rather have something totally new (Which is most likely), but it has functions that include the option for u to ask them but at the same time they can call you. It could have a menu like match call and have even an info page like match call, but you can call them and ask to battle etc...

Char1016

Pokemon Communist
What if they put both? Match Call for info and chat, VS Seeker for battling?

And another item that other trainers ask you to trade pokemons? :D

FireHead Hank

Matt Fanboy
With the VS seeker it's easier to get the chance to rebattle a trainer, but still I like the Match call more and would be glad if we'd get it in D/P. The best thing about the match call are the calls/rematches from the Gym Leaders; I love to rebattle Gymleaders or receive a call from them. You can also call some of your favorite trainers, which gives you the impression of a friendship-like relation to them.

Watergod

Master of mositure
I've never used the Match Call because I don't have Emerald, but I do like my VS Seeker. It is a very useful piece of equipment for training. I think that the VS Seeker should be implemented into Diamond/Pearl. I also think Gym leader rematches should be unlimited, but that's an entirely different topic.

Eszett

one love
How does neither sound for an answer?

VS Seeker took too long to activate and was hardly ever responsive, while Match Call became so incredibly annoying as you got a call every 200 steps. Hyperbole enough, but the point gets across. Rather, I'd like to see a mobile address book, whereby you get to log every standstill trainer in the game you want, choosing only who you want and anybody from that pool, and instead of being harangued with calls every few seconds, by default the power would be entirely in your hands. If you somehow enjoy being annoyed you can turn on that feature, but in general this thing will have a high-class filter that blocks out every unimporant nuance about almost catching Caterpies!

I like to call it the PokeLine, a streamlined system that would take into account your own whims and those of others. It combines the features of both of them while adding its own improvements. If your set list of trainers doesn't please you and you just want to fight that random punk on the corner, send the Any Battle signal, which will tell you beforehand how many people it can snag, and when you do give the signal, all the trainers within a certain radius will come flocking to you to give you their money since they already predict their defeat against you.

Getting the best of both worlds never ceases to please people, and this is by definition included in that.

Jetx

hooray, it's Jetx!
I'd like it to be a bit of both. But VS seeker was my favourite as there was a much larger variety of people to challenge.