• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VS Zapdos! Legendary Raid Battle!! (1129)

Rune Knight

I was half expecting the episode to air on Sunday... but then I remembered about the time-slot change causing me to go into a fit of rage and punch everything around me. 9/10

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Because sometimes i wonder if they just have to separate writers. One group who likes ash and doesn’t sideline goh, and another group who hates ash and loves goh
I hope nobody seriously believes this.

Legit, they're writers and they'll write whatever is funny or they think will be funny at the expense of any character, even if it makes the character look stupid. Acting like the writers are biased towards Ash or Go and they intentionally write them dumb or silly because they DESPISE them is peak conspiracy bullshit.

Remix2

Because sometimes i wonder if they just have to separate writers. One group who likes ash and doesn’t sideline goh, and another group who hates ash and loves goh

I personally think that the writers don’t know how to balance both characters.

Which isn’t surprising given that the main people working on his series are form sun and moon, which have been long established to not know how to balance anything.

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl

Which isn’t surprising given that the main people working on his series are form sun and moon, which have been long established to not know how to balance anything.
No series had any balanced casts lol

LucarioFTWs

This is wrong actually. Sun and moon had the most balance between pokemon screentime

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Any cut to TR screen-time is a blessing since they only exist to fail to catch Pikachu, which has nothing to do with Goh. It's just too bad that Ash had to catch up with him before the fight ended like the Aerodactyl episode. Let Goh show progress without needing Ash around.

Well, if Ash didn't show up to encourage Goh, Goh would have clearly given up. So... he still needs Ash. It's not a bad thing, he is still technically a rookie trainer.

As for TR, I'm okay with cutting their screen time atm as I noted the growing trend of making Ash struggle a bit to solo them with Pikachu, despite him having other Pokémon.

If they went back to the days where the rest of his team got battle practice against them, I wouldn't mind them as much.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
So Zapdos coming out of Goh's pokeball in the opening was symbolic, rather than an actual capture..

I don't like to brag, but.. I mean, I did tell you so..

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
So what was symbolic about Opening SM Ash catching Grubbin.

I honestly couldn't tell you why they're so intent on including certain things in the openings when they have literally no intention of actually making them happen..

It's like the whole Infernape vs Entei/Buizel vs Darkrai/Charizard vs Reshiram situation. It's just for hype more than anything I think..

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Yeah, Zapdos didn't get captured and I kinda expected that as I'm not really a fan of a legendary Pokemon having its lore ruined by becoming a trainer's pet, like we haven't seen these in the games already.

TRio got blasted a little bit too quickly which is unfortunate for the Gatcha Pokemons like Rhydon & Stunfisk because I wanted them to battle more but the rest is fine to me.

I think Zapdos faked its injuries when it got out of the Pokeball the 2nd time as it seems it was impressed by Raboot, Flygon & Goh determinations, but still doesn't want to get captured.

Good episode. I liked that Goh got his focus and I'm saying this for the sake of all Ash's companions that I wanted to see more of them than Ash.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang

No series had any balanced casts lol

That's true, however I'd say that AG and DP balanced Ash's and May's/Dawn's protagonism reasonably well while Journeys sometimes runs into this issue despite having only 2 actual protagonists.

dman_dustin

Only 2 part opinion in an otherwise meh episode.

1. Unlike other people I wanted Go to get Zapdos, because Raboot not evolving and only learning blaze kick makes this episode largely unneeded. I get maybe this episode is maybe set up but I just wanted this discussion to be over with in the will they w8n't they department. I'm disappointed they took the cheap way out.

2. Given that this episode felt largely unneeded I also have to ask why now? If presumably they won't give Go a legendary before Ash does if we make that assumption then I'm just bothered by the timeline of events and wonder why this couldn't have aired later maybe after Ash were to hypothetically catch a legendary first. Or at the very least evolve Raboot in this episode as opposed to obviously later since it doesn't evolve in this one. Learning Blaze kick......now of all times is weird (since it should've learned it much earlier)....and doesn't strike me as good compensation for not catching Zapdos or not evolving. But since Flygon HAD to be here its not like it could've been sooner.

Psajdak

Dissapointing.
Missed chance.

Btw, does anyone remembers when in Pokemon Movie 2 Pikachu talked with Zapdos with electricity?
It was such a powerful scene, and it showed the difference between them just with the sizes of their lightning.

Mirage707

TPC simping for mobile cash shop money since 2016.
Battles with wild Pokemon used to be 1v1, not ganging up on them in handicap battles like some Team Rocket thugs. Goh doesn't deserve to catch Zapdos and these raids are nothing but a cheap way to give him Pokemon above his trainer level.

GhostTyper101

Ghost Enthusiast
I was... underwhelmed this episode.

First I expected Gengar to smack Ash with another shadow ball when he accused him of messing with the lab like he did before as a running gag. But no. We don't even know if that's a reasonable assumption we barely see Gengar and when we do he isn't causing trouble so idk if he's actually pranking the lab anymore. I just want to see him used in battle again :(

Why were we not shown how Ash beat TR? weird decision. Also Ash you could have used literally any other pokemon why always pikachu. Aslo TR did you really give up on raiding for a ZAPDOS after 1 minute? what a waste

The actually Zapdos battle was weird. I felt the animation was underwhelming. Why was Rhydon just randomly attacking walls? I know it couldn't reach Zapdos but still. I also thought they would have the lightning rod ability play apart in the raid battle but I guess that wasn't it's ability.

Why did Flygon stop it's attack when hit by thunder? it's a ground type.

Why did Ash just completely give up on battling? He was excited to do so earlier and they did the raid because it was a tricky fight but just randomly gave up because Goh wants to catch it? Goh could still catch it at the end idk why Ash had to step back. It's also frustrating because I thought we'd see Ash using his pokemon like he did in the Golurk raid. Dragonite and Gengar (despite gengar not being air battle eligable) could have been used in this fight.

I kind of thought Raboot was going to evolve, glad it didn't lol. Blaze kick is a good move I was wondering when he'd learn it.

I never really thought Goh would catch Zapdos but I do wish they showed him using Ultra balls instead.

Pikachu and Yamper at the end was cute. Glad we got a little Koharu screentime.