• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VS Zapdos! Legendary Raid Battle!! (1129)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1129.jpg

VS Zapdos! Legendary Raid Battle!!

A huge thunderstorm hits Sakuragi Lab as Ash & Goh are relaxing. As they soon detect energy, they realise the Legendary Pokémon Zapdos may be the cause of it. As power blackouts start to happen, Goh thinks he knows where Zapdos is. When they go there, they encounter Zapdos and immediately challenge it to a battle. However, after not being able to win, they decide to have a Raid Battle against it with Team Rocket. Will they defeat Zapdos?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

NegaiFreak

Plus Ultra!
Okay, really annoyed that apparently Ash forgot Electric-type moves don't affect Rhydon or Stunfisk when fighting Team Rocket. Even more annoyed that they didn't show how he ended up actually beating them...

But on the upside, Zapdos wasn't caught. In fact, it was merely there to provide electricity to the Electric-type Pokémon. Oh, and Raboot learned Blaze Kick.

dman_dustin

Disappointing, should've been Raboot's evolution at least. But there you go people Ash might get a legendary Pokemon first.

Goh almost caught Zapdos, but it broke out Pokeball and flew away. lol

Correction, Zapdos cheated and literally destroyed the poke ball to free itself by somehow controlling the weather from inside the Poke ball.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Not gonna lie it got me there for a sec especially with the music and all in the background lol

I thought the same thing, but I guess Zapdos thought ahead by calling down lightning to break itself out.

Also, this is one of the few episodes where Gou didn't capture anything so there's that, though Raboot gained a new move, and it being Blaze Kick is neat, and at least maybe now Gou will realize that you can not underestimate his targets, especially seeing as how he didn't like seeing his pokemon get hurt so badly.

I do gotta admit though, for all the hype about the "raid" battle, it sure didn't last very long, and of course TR turned on them to try and get Pikachu, but apparently it wrecked them off screen.

I do wonder what water attack that stunfisk was using.

Ultra Beast Lover

As expected, Zapdos escaped. No surprise there, legends typically are only caught if they allow it.

Zapdos entering his pokeball but escape on the last moment after he thought it is safely caught will serve like Ash losses against Octillery and Tentacruel.

Goh need some sulking moment.

I still think the OP suggest Zapdos enter Goh's pokeball but escape.

Time for Great Ball upgrade.
I like this episode, my hope is partially fulfilled. Zapdos escape after almost being captured and Goh got something to consider (I need the sub to be more accurate).

Though Goh do not sulk that much, at least he seems to learn that sometimes letting pokemon go away, especially legendary, is for the best as they play a good role in the wild instead of caged in lab.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Though Goh do not sulk that much, at least he seems to learn that sometimes letting pokemon go away, especially legendary, is for the best as they play a good role in the wild instead caged in lab.

he did show some signs of concern that he might fail, but it turned more towards concern over Raboot getting hurt in the end

D

Deleted member 384931

So Blaze Kick, took long enough tbh to get a 4th move. Meh episode tbh. 7/10