• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

VS Zapdos! Legendary Raid Battle!! (1129)

As expected. I was pretty clear that I didn't think anyone would catch Zapdos.

Is it me or did the animation look kinda weak here?

When has it not been weak in this series?

Last edited:

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Hmm, didn't really like this episode much. They need to stop trying to make Go seem like a new Ash, he should still be a newbie trainer imo without much battle experience but whatever. I felt like they made Zapdos out to be boring, just flying there in one spot shooting electricity out. The battle wasn't even good or anything. Just such a weak episode overall for me. Literally the one good thing is that Zapdos didn't get caught, even though it was so underwhelming either way. It's cool that it broke out of the ball in the way it did, but I don't think it should have been knocked out by a blaze kick in the first place or let itself even get in the pokeball.

If anyone were to ask me why I miss the older series, I'd say I don't really except for that they gave way better treatment to legendaries/mythicals.

D

Deleted member 384931

I feel like Satoshi didnt really care at all,like many episodes of the series when the focus is on Gou

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
Thank Arceus this episode is over. I was always totally convinced he wasn't going to catch Zapdos and it would be a lesson, but that became an opinion that would get a bunch of hate (not necessarily here on Serebii). I'm glad it went the way it did, and I'm curious how it's going to go in the future.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
Disappointing, should've been Raboot's evolution at least. But there you go people Ash might get a legendary Pokemon first.

Correction, Zapdos cheated and literally destroyed the poke ball to free itself by somehow controlling the weather from inside the Poke ball.
I see you are quite unfamiliar with The Electric Tale Of Pikachu.
So all that worrying over nothing lol
I just...I just wanted to see the absolute meltdown when it happened. The glory of the haters' rage fueling my glee.
Why are people on twitter acting like Raboot defeated Zapdos lol, the fandom is crazy
Answered your own question there: "On Twitter".

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
By the way, do we know yet who wrote the screenplay?

EDIT: Just saw Dephender's post in the preview thread. It was Deko Akao. Thanks!

Last edited:

Red and Blue

At least Raboot learned a new move and got in a good hit against Zapdos. Even if Go failed to catch a legendary in this episode he may have better luck next time

I don't think it should have been knocked out by a blaze kick
It never fainted.
Why are people on twitter acting like Raboot defeated Zapdos lol, the fandom is crazy
Answered your own question there: "On Twitter".
Seems it is not only on twitter...

Zapdos after escaping pokeball for the 2nd time: look fresh, can summon massive thundercloud, can heal Pikachu and share electricity to multiple electric pokemons.

Meanwhile Raboot and Flygon cannot even stand.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
It was okay in the Aerodactyl episode but I'm not liking this trend of separating Ash and Goh by using Team Rocket. Especially when Ash looks like he's super cornered despite the fact that he has Dragonite, Gengar, Riolu, and Farfetch'd. Since it is a Goh episode, it must be mandated that he only beat them with Pikachu. I'm starting to miss the days where TRio were used for training battles for the newer captures.

I was about to be so annoyed if Goh managed to catch Zapdos. Glad Zapdos cheated. Dos thumbs up.

Icy-Snowflake

Electric moves don't work on ground types … unless you're Flygon and facing anything but Pikachu
Anime inconsistencies... Quite sure Flygon was immune to Pikachu's Thunderbolt.

I feel like Satoshi didnt really care at all,like many episodes of the series when the focus is on Gou
Goh wanted to capture while Ash wanted to battle; both failed.:D

And he ended up chosing Double Kick over and over instead of Ember... Flying type resist Fighting move... Goh...
That is what Ash does...