• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

W-PS does what Nintendon't: 6th gen in sprite form.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
So as some of you may have noticed, 6th gen has models and not sprites.
Well, it had to happen eventually, but what will happen to our roaring spriters community? Will it die with nothing to sprite?

Nope. We struggle on! We make our own 6th gen sprites.
Or at least we do until theres too many.

Chespin_zps4a533b4e.png
Fenniken_zpscd5d8028.png
Kroakie_zpsd9e6db66.png
Xerneas_zps643e2c37.png

All but Yveltal. Hopefully I can finish before the next batch.

Comments and Criticism please! I want to get these perfect.

This is mostly from projects I was doing elsewhere. They're either on hiatus or far too ambitious to ever finish, so they're not likely to be continued any time soon. I just wanted some other things to fill the thread.

TilesetDemoonethreequarters.png
TilesetDemo_zps74ad8678.png

Custom Tilesets for a project I never really finished. I might pick it back up eventually, but I could never find anyone to be very interested in it.

Eevee1_zpse8c7bd21.png
Espeon1_zps8e54b59a.png
lizards.png
spritesheet_zpsa1db180a.png

girlwalk.gif
guywalk.gif
Sig.gif

Various things from some old project I had to abandon that was never some dubious :644::612: thing nope never.

FEtopost.png
FEtopost-1.png

Homestuck Characters drawn Fire Emblem style
Megaspritesheet.png

Homestuck Characters drawn in the style of some random game on spriters resource that looked pretty.
clouns_zpsb9280947.png

Clouds.

Last edited:

KingTapir

Just a freedom hussy
Froakie is flawless, at least as far as I can see. My only slight crit is that Fennekin's pose looks a wee bit too similar to Zorua's. Other than that though, these are really impressive!

I have no problems with the games on Wii, gamecube, N64 etc. but with the handheld games, looking at the sprites was always the fun part. But as you said, it was gonna have to happen someday, so I better learn to live with it :L

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I never realized how much I loved the pokemon sprites until I saw that they would be replaced by models in 6th gen. Your sprites look excellent, I wish that these sprites were in the games.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Froakie is flawless, at least as far as I can see. My only slight crit is that Fennekin's pose looks a wee bit too similar to Zorua's. Other than that though, these are really impressive!

Yeah, it didn't help I used Zorua as a size guide. It can't really be in any other position though, since I didn't want its sugimori pose.

I never realized how much I loved the pokemon sprites until I saw that they would be replaced by models in 6th gen. Your sprites look excellent, I wish that these sprites were in the games.

I miss them too. Maybe gamefreak will include them as box icons hint hint gamefreak.

Anyway, exams are over, so time to post the last starter:

Chespin_zps4a533b4e.png

Chespin's design is weird.

M4zz

Banned
Long time no see WPS. It's Pokemazter

The one thing I noticed is the size of your sprites. Froakie and Chespin are too small in comparison to Fennekin. Compare them to other starter sprites, who use a fair bit of their 96x96 pallette. With an increased size, you'll be able to fill in a little more detail, Chespin especially, which'll help pave out the "weirdness". That being said, a lot of Chespin's weird look comes from its face. The blank, rigid eyes and near lack of shading on the face makes that part stick out. Enlarging the sprite will help fix this, as it'll let you add more detail. Also, try to exaggerate a bit on the size of Chespin's head. In comparison to its body, it's got a rather large head.

Besides that, they look great, and I'm exceedingly curious as to what Yveltal and Xerneas will look like, provided you attempt them.

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
Yeah, I guess you're right. I was trying to make Chespin the same size as Oshawott, but it's much skinnier and taller, so it was probably an off choice. Froakie's head looks alright to me, but its body could be bigger I guess. I'll have another go at them...

...but I might do the legends first.

Edit: I remember the good ole days, when pokemon were designed to be represented in only 15 colours. Heck, even Ho-oh, the bloomin rainbow pokemon managed it, and not only that didn't lose too much when represented with 4.

Xerneas is doing something terribly terribly wrong.

Xerneas_zps643e2c37.png

I could literally only afford two shades per colour, and if I was lucky I could use the outline colour as a shadow as well.

I can tell I need to edit the shiny bits on the horns, they're all weird shaped, but I really would appreciate help on the eyes.

Last edited: