• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wacom Bamboo Fun or Intuos Tablet?

First off, I apologize if this is in the wrong area. So lately I've been considering getting an affordable drawing tablet for photoshop for personal hobby use. I love scanning my drawings into photoshop but my personal projects tend to get somewhat abandoned after the base colors are in and its time to work on the shading because its really frustrating to do that with a mouse. I've done some research and I think I've narrowed it down to Wacom Bamboo Fun and Wacom Intuos. I know that the Intuos is more along the professional line (and also more expensive than the Bamboo), but will the Bamboo cover what I want?

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I'm pretty sure Bamboo will cover what you want. I've been using one for about five years or so and it's been working great. It's been an IMMENSE help when it comes to getting better at doing artwork.

I haven't used Intuos, so I can't give it a fair review, but I would say Bamboo is a great tablet at a great price.

Everlasting

Everything stays.
Aren't they pretty much the same ?
Anyway, I bought myself an Wacom Intuos Manga tablet and it works really well. :) The software they are giving with it, though (mine came with Manga Studio Debut 4.0), is not the best, as it misses many useful options a drawer is looking for (color picker, gradients, blurry tool...). If you do have a good software to come with it, like Photoshop or Paint Tool Sai, then I think which one you're buying all depends on the price and the one you think will suit your drawing ways the best, because they will probably do the exact same job.
I'd recommend you Intuos because I believe it's newer and it's very well useable, but if you want to go with Bamboo, I'm not here to argue. Just get either of them, a tablet is so useful and awesome. :p

Keysmash

buys meat
Bamboo is fine: from what I hear, Intuos is more along the professional line, like you said. I'm assuming it comes with better software (?) which might in part contribute to its higher price.

They should do more or less the same thing, though-- the quality of art depends more on the artist than their tools.