• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wagon fulla Pancakes VGC Championships!

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Anyone who has seen the sbemail Montage knows that Wagons Fulla Pancakes win the championships (or least the champeenships, here's the link: http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail117.html), which is exactly what this team tries to achieve. The 2011 VGC (Video Game Championships) rules will be used, so only Unova Pokemon, no duplicate items, and this is a Double Battle. Please rate!

The Wagon Himself!
Darmanitan@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk., 252 Sp.
Moves:
Rock Slide
Earthquake
Flare Blitz
Brick Break

The wagon is for mortally wounding the opponent's team as quick as quick can be. Choice Scarf and Jolly because I'd rather not be outsped, and the only decent Unova Pokemon who can learn Aqua Jet die from my next Pokemon. Rock Slide gets Sheer Force boost, and Earthquake kills every thing else. Flare Blitz for extra power when needed (like Darmanitan will last long anyway...), and Brick Break is because I hate Screens.

The Eel... Thingy
Eelektross@ Not sure
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Quiet or Modest
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk., 252 Sp. Atk.
Acid Spray
ThunderBolt
Flamethrower
Grass Knot?

Takes care of all the Bulky Waters that would otherwise plague Darmanitan, and is immune to Earthquake. Acid Spray lowers the special defense of my opponent by a lot, Thunderbolt is STAB, Flamethrower and Grass Knot are coverage, fairly straightforward.

The two most defensive Fighting types ever!
Conkeldurr or Scrafty@Leftovers
Ability: Guts or Shed Skin (respectively)
Nature: Careful
EVs: 252 HP, 4 Atk., 252 Sp. Def.
Mach Punch/Rest
Drain Punch
Payback/Crunch
Bulk Up

I can never make my mind up between these two... Conkeldurr boasts the privilege of being the only Pokemon in Unova to learn Mach Punch, meaning he's likely my best chance of beating any Excadrill. He also has a monstrous Atk. stat. Scrafty prides itself on having sort of reliable recovery in Shed Skin + Rest, has far higher Sp. Def., and is not beaten by the Jello Pokemon Reuniclus. But I don't know how they compare in a Double Battle. I need help for sure on this one.

Fantastic Mr. Fox
Zoroark@ Focus Sash?
Ability: Illusion
Nature: Modest
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Sp. Atk., 252 Sp.
Nasty Plot
Night Daze
Flamethrower
Focus Blast

It's a fun Pokemon, this one. Nasty Plot while my foe uses something like Crunch on what they are under the impression it's a Jellicent. Only I worry about stuff like Earthquake... At least they aren't likely to try Surf. Night Daze for STAB, Flamethrower for Steels, and Focus Blast for almost perfect coverage.

A Jellyfish
Jellicent@ Quick Claw
Ability: Water Absorb or Cursed Body
Nature: Bold
EVs: 252 HP, 152 Def., 100 Sp. Def.
Scald
Taunt
Recover
Will-O-Wisp

Yes, a Quick Claw (bows head in shame). If you get lucky, it works really well, providing the upper hand against Pokemon like Excadrill. Scald and Will-O-Wisp burn, Taunt is useful, and Recover recovers.

Okay, I'm running out of ideas
Durant@Rock Gem
Ability: Swarm or Hustle (can't decide)
Nature: Probably Jolly
EVs: 4 HP, 252 Atk., 252 Sp.
X-Scissor
Rock Slide
Iron Head
Hone Claws/Crunch

I needed a Steel type so I could resist Dragon type assaults. X-Scissor murders... Pokemon weak to Bug... Rock Slide really hurts stuff and has a chance to flinch, and Iron Head keeps Terrakion from raining on my parade (if he doesn't have Rock Polish...). Hone Claws + Hustle is more powerful than a single Swords Dance, but I don't know if Durant has the durability to set up.

That's my team. Please give me your honest opinion and assistance. If someone could point me to a place where I could get some sprites, it would be very appreciated.

Last edited:

Quilava2

Flaming Ninja
I would use a sassy Scrafty with Bulk Up/Drain Punch/Payback/Rest.

kbinferno

Ferrothorn > Durant? tbh I'm not deep into theorymon so sorry if this is a bad suggestion. It looks like it would be a good poke to copy w/ Illusion, to bait/damage their fire attackers for when you do send out Ferro

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
Thanks for reviewing! Quilava2, one of Scrafty's main selling points over Conkeldurr is not being countered by Reuniclus (without an absurd amount of Focus Blasts hitting...), and part of that is having Crunch to fall back on instead of Payback. kbinfreno, Darmanitan has Fire types totally covered. ^And, Ferrothorn doesn't have as much usability in Double Battles.

Last edited:
For the fighting Pokemon dilemma, I'd say Scrafty. I have one on my double team and it's been very successful, although mine uses Moxie, which you might want to consider if you haven't already. However, if the only reason you're considering him is for Reuniclus', you still have a Zoroark which should have a good chance to take one out, especially with Night Daze which will lower the accuracy of those already inaccurate Focus Blasts.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
^It's not the only reason, just one thing Scrafty has that Conkeldurr doesn't. I chose Shed Skin because I like to play it safe, and I'd prefer to be more of a wall.

SomeoneIGuess

?Hu Hsilaciryl
Conkeldurr for sure. Since he boasts Mach Punch, which is ever so essential priority. Because it beats Excadrill, hits Reniculus blob with Payback as long as it hasn't buffed to the point where it can KO you with Psychic, and yeah. Besides, Zoroark has you covered on that too. Rest is kinda... useless in Doubles, even with Shed Skin. Because if it doesn't kick in, you're screwed.

legendarypokemonmaster

Have you tried Scrafty, I've heard it's pretty good.

chanseychansey77

Elite Trainer
^Did you look at the 3rd Pokemon? Yeah SomeoneIGuess, you're likely right. Especially since this is a Double Battle and Excadrill can learn Rock Slide and Earthquake. Good thing I was raising one in my spare time...

Last edited:

legendarypokemonmaster

Sorry, I should have clarified. I meant, have you actually used/tested it?