• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Waht do you think they should put in the show?

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
i think we desperatley need to see the E4. what the hell are the writers thinking not putting them on the show? theyre like the most advanced trainers in the game. also of course grovyle could afford to evolve, and i think it will unless the writers are utter morons (which is possible). and of course, i would love to see brock and max drop off of D/P and have the new hero/heroine of the game appear as a new character, but thats a few months from now so i shouldnt worry bout it

PDL

disenchanted
here's something I forgot...

- advanced technology, yeah yeah, pokemon has alot of that, but I was thinking of actual A.I

it'd be awesome if robot characters existed in pokemon...

Dunsparce

Dunsparce. It NEEDS a good Episode that doesn't suck ***** like "Dunsparce Deception". Bleh, they made its head look too fat. IIRC The Japanese title refers to them being Baby Dunsparce. I want a FULL GROWN Dunsparce without that bloated head!!! Stupid animators >_<

Kabuto

little punks!
Dunspace wasn't as shafted as Porygon and Porygon2. My username may have a porygon avatar in it but I do not blame porygon for the seizure incident. I blame Team Rocket and their missles. Why do they have to mess everything up?

RaikouSpecialLover

Questshipping 4ever!
The use of some game mechanics (PCs, TMs/HMs) would be nice.

But first, despite this might trigger flaming, Ash's Pikachu has to evolve.
I really don't care that 'it refused' or 'he's the mascot' type stuff. PIKACHU IS THE MOST OVERRATED/RETARDED POKEMON ON THIS PLANET! Besides, why is he the 'mascot' on Pokemon, anyway? If there is a reason that DOES NOT STEM FROM OR EVEN MENTION ANIME, I'll be quite happy right now.

Chris

Old Coot
PC's? Someone sure hasn't seen the times where Satoshi's replaced Pokémon. Especially for Gym and League battles.

Pikachu became the mascot BECAUSE of the anime. It's the most recognizable Pokémon in the world and has at one point been recognized more than Mickey Mouse by kids. Also consider the fact that how many clones of Pikachu have been made (Pichu being the baby form and Minun/Plusle being blatant copies of Pichu/Pikachu).

B

Benji

These I agree should happen.
3. Max should get his first pokemon.
4. Ash's Corphish and Grovyle should evolve [eventually]
7. It should have Ash and Co. meet Gary
8. Brock's Marshtomp should evolve [eventually]
9. Jessie should catch a pokemon (like Murkrow, Gengar or another.)
11. James Cacnea should evolve [eventually]
12. James should catch a pokemon (like Nidoking, Rhydon or another)

5. Have a new character join the group
well i'd want another character join the group, but not a completely new one. maybe a GoldSilver character or perhaps Brandon or Wally.

10. Meowth should evolve into a persian
NO. never. just like Pikachu should never become Raichu.
it just doesn't seem right at all.

Chris

Old Coot
People, WHY should Nyaasu evolve into a Pokémon he DREADFULLY HATES?

Persian have always annoyed the hell out of him and made him incredibly angry. Why should he evolve into what he's hated his entire life? Especially when it's always ended up messing his life?

Seriously, you people have some kind of obsession with evolutions. e_e

Kabuto

little punks!
The only Pokemon that cant evolve are Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Meowth, Squirtle and Corphish. The rest I'm fine with. Grovyle must evolve, it'll only make him cooler.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
intergalactic platypus said:
i think we desperatley need to see the E4. what the hell are the writers thinking not putting them on the show?
Actually, most of the Elite Four members made appearences in the show.

Zerodius

Eternally hating D/P
Why do everyone seems to focus so much on evolution?

Give me a good, well-developed non-evolved Pokemon over a generic evolved one.

"But... the Pokemon will never realize it's potential!"
Actually, I would prefer for a character to perfect it's fighting style and actually get to fight in a graceful, creative, and effective way with what it got than accumulate attacks.

"But... Pokemon eventually evolve in the games!"
This is the anime, not the games. Pokemon can remain all their lives long as non-evolved Pokemon here and this is, in my opinion, a good thing.

"But... baby Pokemon sUx0r!"
Not every team must be made of bad-*** killer ten feet tall Pokemon, you know... and admit it, cute characters are fun to have around and anyway, if all characters were of the bad-*** style, the repetition would kill off the effect in the long run.

Now... what the anime TRULY needs...

To stop with the filler episodes and actually get it on with the main plot! What? Need to somehow make sub-plots to make sure the anime doesn't reach a point where you have to wait for months, possibly years before the next Pokemon game is released, thus allowing for new episodes?

Answer: Unstead of stupid "Lost in *insert name* forest" filler... then create REAL, ACTUAL sub-plots. Not non-descript stuff that begins and end in one episode and where absolutely nothing happened in truth besides Pikachu blasting Team Rocket to kingdom come but full, multi-part side-plots that actually has some interesting story going for it.

Also... more personality to the characters, please... especially to the Pokemon and to Ash (he isn't annoying, he just went down the "personality-less" way lately).

Bring back past characters once in a while unstead of dumping'em forever somewhere. (Especially frustrating regarding the Pokemon characters. The memorable ones always seem to be dumped when they finally reached their climax...)

Most importantly... yes, you can swap the characters around to advertise the upcoming games a bit... but they're pushing it a bit too much, admit it. *Glares at some rather horrible episodes and some rather aggravating characters*

Well, those are my suggestions. Don't know if they would really be that good and I know that the writters won't magically appear out of nowhere to read them and take them in consideration but well... I can always dream.

Thank you for your time.

Last edited:

AtoMan

Restoring the Kanto
seizureman said:
The only Pokemon that cant evolve are Bulbasaur, Pikachu, Meowth, Squirtle and Corphish. The rest I'm fine with. Grovyle must evolve, it'll only make him cooler.

Any of them could evolve... maybe except Pika. We all know what Pokemon did Red have in GS (i know that they are different worlds, but...). I think Wartortle or Ivysayr in Ash's party would be interesting, and FRLG-connected.

Cyndaquil and Totodile needs to be evolved!

Chris

Old Coot
Fushigidane didn't want to evolve because it prefered its form. It proved its strength by tying against a fully evolved Meganium. It's strong enough on its own and doesn't need an evolution to become stronger.

Jesse GS the II

I was frozen today!
Edward Elric said:
What do I think? I think they should put something completely the opposite of idiot fans want, just so they can complain and whine. With that, I will feel happy watching them suffer.

Seriously, some of the stuff in the first post makes me despise the anime fanbase sometimes. --;

Amen, brother.

As for what I think - I think it ought to wind down. We've sat through almost ten years of droning monotony, and I say the crew ought to throw in the towel before it's too late. Running your show into the ground is the worst mistake a production company can make, and "Pocket Monsters Advanced Generation" is really taking a thrashing. Unless they pulled off some wild, miraculous, "Dallas"-like twist where the last several years turned out to be completely fabricated (and yes, I know that's a sheer impossibility), then I don't see how the show would possibly change its format in the coming years.

Maybe I should pitch "Intensity" to Nintendo of Japan.

Kabuto

little punks!
"Any of them could evolve... maybe except Pika. We all know what Pokemon did Red have in GS (i know that they are different worlds, but...). I think Wartortle or Ivysayr in Ash's party would be interesting, and FRLG-connected." "Cyndaquil and Totodile needs to be evolved!"

Bulbasaur didn't want to evolve
Evolving Pika and Meowth would kill the series and the majority of its fanbase
Squirtle probably won't evolve its been around too long and it probably feels the same way as Bulbasaur
Corphish could but I don't want him to

I agree Cyndaquil and Totodile must evolve. Grovyle also its worked so hard. To be honest I'd love to see Ash with Crawdaunt, but only if he keeps Corphish exact personality in tact and not some tough macho evil Crawdaunt like we usually see. [SPOIL]Mays Bulbasaur and Squirtle should evolve though[/SPOIL]

RaikouSpecialLover

Questshipping 4ever!
Edward Elric said:
PC's? Someone sure hasn't seen the times where Satoshi's replaced Pokémon. Especially for Gym and League battles.

Pikachu became the mascot BECAUSE of the anime. It's the most recognizable Pokémon in the world and has at one point been recognized more than Mickey Mouse by kids. Also consider the fact that how many clones of Pikachu have been made (Pichu being the baby form and Minun/Plusle being blatant copies of Pichu/Pikachu).
I knew that, BUT THE GAMES CAME FIRST.
And about obsessing w/evos, it's probably beacuase most of us here are 'game' people, you know, true to the games. BECAUSE THEY CAME FIRST!

'Nuff said.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
I think Pikachu was put into the anime, which came out well after the games and some of the manga in Japan, because it really was the most beloved Pokemon amongst all the fans of the game. Remember, the makers were originally gonna have Pippi be the mascot before they got word of Pikachu's popularity.

Anyway, things I'd like to see..... first and foremost, a gruesome death scene involving [spoil]Haruka's Zenigame[/spoil], preferably done at the hands of [spoil]Harley's Ariados[/spoil], who really deserves justice after that humiliating display. [cough] But the more reasonable things I'd like to see include the following (in no particular order).

1. Make Harley win against Haruka, dammit. As I said about [spoil]Ariados[/spoil] just now, he deserves it after those writers took such a cheap shot to the balls. Hell, even if he suffered a more realistic loss against a stronger Pokemon at [spoil]Yamabuki[/spoil], I still think he should win because he's just a character with that kind of potential, and the writers desperately need to realize that and stop f***ing it up. Besides, there is no reason to play him up to be one of her main rivals and hardly make him seem like much of a threat. Speaking of Haruka's rivals, they should probably ditch Shuu sometime soon. It's apparent by this point that he's little more than a Shigeru clone (actually, it may've been that apparent since the beginning).

2. Make Juptor evolve. I don't care how, I don't care when (though I would prefer it to happen before Haruka's Wakashamo and [spoil]Takeshi's Numacraw[/spoil] ever get such a chance), but just do it while he's still on Satoshi's team. They need to resolve the fact that he's a Pokemon that really puts in an effort to become stronger and beat any opponent (for that matter, what the f*** ever happened to that aspect of his personality? I've never seen it since he refused to back down from Senri's Kekking) by reaching his maximum potential before he ends up getting dumped for the 4th generation team (though, that's not to say he couldn't pull a [spoil]Gomazou[/spoil] on us). I'm still kinda p*ssed that they never exactly resolved Bayleaf and her huge affection towards her trainer. They suddenly had Satoshi drop off his entire Jouto team, but couldn't take five minutes to show her reaction to this and having Satoshi deal with it somehow (would've been a lot better than the plot to "The Parting with Pikachu....").

3. [spoil]Takeshi's Usohachi[/spoil]... one episode, the thing's already annoying as hell. All I can say is that thing better be worth something in the end. Doesn't seem like it could contribute to much right now, but who knows. Afterall, I was left wondering [spoil]when Yukiwarashi training to master Ice Beam would ever come to an end, and even if it did, I suspected it would just be one tiny Pokemon on Satoshi's team that couldn't light a candle to the powerhouses he already has and nothing going for it but a single powerful technique. But, I'm sure you all know what happened there and how that paid off big time.... those of you who aren't hearing about this for the first time by looking at this spoiler tag, anyway[/spoil]. If this thing is gonna be useful for anything, I suspect it'd be to [spoil]finally further Takeshi's character and give him a desperately-needed opportunity to practice Pokemon breeding[/spoil].

4. I really like
Kojirou's Manene[/spoil], but it'd be nice if it ended up being battle-worthy sooner or later. Same goes for Kojirou's Chiriin [spoil]if it ever comes back[/spoil]. What's pretty damn ironic is that [spoil]both Pokemon are psychic-types (or Manene's presumed to be at least), Chiriin can naturally learn the Psychic attack in the games, and Manene might be able to use such an attack, or something similar, as well given what its evolution can use. Such attacks are portrayed as being very powerful in the anime, yet neither of these Pokemon use them. Speaking of which, the anime really needs to get around to showing a Butterfree using these kind of attacks. I don't care if it appeared enough as it is, they still never showed one using Confusion or Psybeam this whole friggin time[/spoil].

5. Make [spoil]Haruka's loathable piece of sh*t[/spoil] lose a battle.... lose tons of them, actually. [spoil]It should be so bad that in the later parts of the Battle Frontier saga, it's shafted worse than Satoshi's Cotoise was during the Saiyuu Tournament. Oh, and yes, I'm aware that it battled Shuu's Flygon, but I don't really think that counts as a loss, exactly. Thing didn't faint, it just ran off the battlefield crying after getting hit once[/spoil]. Although, an even better alternative to this would be to have the thing released and never return again.... oh, but we all know this will hinder the writers and their precious [spoil]overexcessive Fire Red/Leaf Green advertising[/spoil], so that idea's out.

6. Make certain Pokemon get more screentime. Kyuukon needs another appearance after god knows how long (if I see another Windie before I see it again, I'm gonna snap), everyone already mentioned Nokotchi, and several others. Also, I mentioned this on the episode thread for [spoil]the recent Usohachi episode[/spoil], but I really like the cocoon Pokemon, and I so wanna see another one that kicks as much a** as Tsukushi's Trancel did (hell, Cocoon has done pretty much nothing other than appear in the background for 500 episodes. That, and evolve into Spear... once).

7. Expecting them to put an end to the fillers will probably never happen. The anime's simply an episodic series, been that way since Kantou, and I doubt they'd change that now. But, it would be nice if they could stop recycling old (and horribly dull) plots and use fillers with better content. Hell, I'm sure we can all agree to a ton of fillers that are full of comic-relief, like the giant Nendoll episode that aired in America not too long ago or Satoshi and Kojirou vs. Haruka and Musashi. Some character development in each episode wouldn't hurt neither (it really shouldn't be hard, considering that when dealing with both the humans and the Pokemon characters, that's a pretty large cast within the current party, and aside from development and revealing more about individual characters, there's also relationships, how certain characters interact with another certain character in the party, among other things). If nothing else, at least stop devoting so much time to these fillers when you could be having more fleshed-out mini-arcs like the leagues, or events from the game like Groudon vs. Kyogre, as well as those game places, events, and characters that didn't get a proper anime appearance like Mt. Pyre, several Elite 4 characters, Anzu, Mikuri, and several others. Oh, and I know some fillers are good to showcase a Pokemon that hadn't appeared in the anime yet, but sometimes, it seems kinda pointless when that same Pokemon ends up appearing again in an important episode not long afterwards (for instance, Hadzuki has a Hellgar.... we didn't really need to see it watching after Togepi, now did we?).

8. The Japanese producers really need to stop kissing up to 4kids and return the culture and writing to the show. In case they're unaware, 4kids is just painting over everything in their show regardless of what they do, and by this point, they feel they're so friggin rich that they just love throwing their money away to piss off a large audience. When are you gonna learn this? When you start replacing all the onigiri with PB&J sandwiches yourself and using blank signs instead of covering them with English and a fictional written language that's there in the first place because of 4kids? When you take the ending themes out of your own version and use American pop in your own openings, which are reduced to a length of 30 seconds? Oh, how about you completely change your drawing style because anime-style is Japanese, and Japanese is bad, and you can't do anything about it because you're nothing but suck-ups to a bunch of old farts that claim to know what's the best way for you to profit off of the American market? Seriously, though, bring back the culture. No one, besides 4kids, complained back then as far as I'm aware, so I doubt anyone would complain now.

9. Bring back the scoring for the contest appeals. I like to know how well Haruka stood against the other entrants. The judging during the contest battles should be more realistic too (a Pokemon takes one hit, and suddenly the gauge goes down by about a quarter.... right....). And stop making every one of Haruka's contest matches end in a knock-out, it kinda kills the purpose behind contest battles.

I probably got more, but I'll post them later if I come up with them.