• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Waifu/Husbando Discussion Thread

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
c93afe566468768c6a63aa1537d588fa9306fdaf.gifv

After what she’s been through in HF, sakura deserves all the love in the world.
I am in complete agreement.

Now excuse me, I'd join this conversation but I don't really consider any of my favorite characters as "waifus/husbandos" (ie I gotta crush on em).

unless waifu/husbando DOES means you just love the character a whole lot but if that isn't the meaning then I can't in good concsience say much

Teravolt

cilan lives forever in my heart
Fact of the Day:

Out of the main seven husbandos, Cress is the one I can relate to the least. I’m not a timid person, by any means, nor am I particularly vain. Even so, he’s unreasonably attractive, which is why he’s on my claim list. He’s cute. :p

As you may know, I’ve characterized him as a violinist (he’s been playing for most of his life), and a complete book nerd. I can relate to the books, though.
APcsnuM.jpg

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Tch, not even going for the superior sister.
Sakura >>>> Rin :)
Tbh in terms of shipping, yeah I prefer Rin being with Shirou.

But as characters I like both Rin and Sakura and wouldn't really wanna pick one over the other because I like them for different reasons.

Also blame me liking their sibling dynamic in Hollow Ataraxia. I LOVE it. Sakura's just as mischievous as her sister. tho that might be cuz i like sibling dynamics in general...

But anyways...
I mean when i say XXX is my waifu that means i love them unconditionally and want them to be happy. At least that's what that word means to me.
I'LL TAKE THAT AS AN EXCUSE TO TALK ABOUT MY FAV CHARACTERS!

Ok only a few for now but still.

Female Persona 3 Protagonist/Kotone Shiomi (Persona 3 Portable)
Known by Persona fans as FeMC, Minako or Hamuko, she's one of my fav characters overall in Persona. I loved her from P3P but PQ2 basically sealed the deal for anyone who wasn't convinced. She's amazing there.

Arcueid (Tsukihime)
I love this girl so much. I'm surprised I like her as much as I do because when I started playing Tsukihime, I was actually starting off with Ciel's route since I was interested in her...but the more I got to know her, the more I love her aaaaaand...I ended up deciding to restart to the very beginning to play her route first. XD And boy did I sorely miss her in the later routes... There's just something about her personality, though upbeat like plenty of others, that's different. I guess it's partially cuz her attitude is slightly different from being about a 1000-800 year old vampire.

Akechi (Persona 5/Persona 5 Royal)
I'll admit, my love for this character is largely because of a fic and that led to me liking moments in the game which made me like the fic more and it just basically became a positive feedback loop of me liking Akechi despite...how some people hate don't like him. But he's still one of my fav despite that. But the WHY is largely spoilers...so let's just say some delicious pancakes were involved, and it ended up being rather tragic.

SPOILER CHARACTER: Jun Kurosu (Persona 2: Innocent Sin)
I WILL PROTECT THIS SUNSHINE CHILD WITH MY LIFE. seriously, like with Arcueid I didn't expect to like this character so much. I already knew about this character's existence since I started the game. But the instant they appeared, I'm like "YOU'RE SO PRECIOUS I LOVE YOU SO MUCH". And they're like, my second fav character of Innocent Sin. Will they be my favorite overall by the end of Eternal Punishment? We'll see...

Morax

King of heroes
Tbh in terms of shipping, yeah I prefer Rin being with Shirou.
W H Y?????????????

I prefer Sakura because she helped him get over his childhood obsession. As noble his dream was, it was a result of his survivor’s guilt. Heaven’s feel (true end) is the only route where he gets to live as a normal human being, free of the twisted ambition that kiritsugu forced upon him.

Morax

King of heroes
Hah, rin is barely tsun. Beside the level of dere she can achieve after getting through is unbelievable given the mimic rin scene.
Are you talking about Ereshkigal? i don't think she counts as rin, she's the complete opposite of her....

Sakura has better moments though <3

Last edited:

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Are you talking about Ereshkigal? i don't think she counts as rin, she's the complete opposite of her....

Sakura has better dere moments though <3
Nah. I guess you’ve never read HA where they called a future version of rin by accident?

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
wait............hollow antaraxia has an English translation?!
Oh there’s a patch for it since ages ago. Like before fgo ages ago.

The scene i was talking about (9:25)

For context, the two idiots got stuck in a chest made by zelrecth with the second magic on it, and when they try to call for help it keeps connecting then to parallel words at different points in time.

Morax

King of heroes
Oh there’s a patch for it since ages ago. Like before fgo ages ago.

The scene i was talking about (9:25)

For context, the two idiots got stuck in a chest made by zelrecth with the second magic on it, and when they try to call for help it keeps connecting then to parallel words at different points in time.
Lmao future rin sounds like misato from NGE.

Morax

King of heroes
It’s a relationship built on the top of hundreds of dead bodies. It’s why i never got into it personally.
He is willing to give up on his dream for her sake. That's what makes it endearing to me. It's a happy ending for both sakura and shirou.

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
W H Y?????????????

I prefer Sakura because she helped him get over his childhood obsession. As noble his dream was, it was a result of his survivor’s guilt. Heaven’s feel (true end) is the only route where he gets to live as a normal human being, free of the twisted ambition that kiritsugu forced upon him.

Before I say my reason for preferring ShiRin, can I just say that uh...why do you think Kiritsugu forced his dream on Shirou? If anything Kiritsugu actually wanted Shirou to live a normal life, especially upon realizing what his dream led to by the end of Zero. That's why he didn't teach Shirou magecraft properly. Basically Kiritsugu asked Taiga "What do I do if a kid wants to play with a sword but I don't want them to?" and Taiga said "Just let him have it and not teach the fundamentals. Once he reaches a plateau/dead end and can't figure out how to get better, he'll be frustrated and stop". Except Shirou didn't stop and when Kiritsugu died, with him just telling him his dream after Shirou asked, Shirou decided to take on his dream because he literally does not know anything else. He only knows that Kiritsugu was happy from saving him so he's like "maybe I can be happy by saving people too" and also "if I can make Kiritsugu's dream come true, he'd be happy too".

But hey if you want to keep thinking that, that's fine. I'm just saying what I know and remember and why I think what I think.

But anyways, back to the main point, just to clarify, I actually do like Sakura and Shirou's relationship. In fact I also like Saber and Shirou. And the margin between them and my like of Rin and Shirou is only a small one. But...

...I largely like Rin and Shirou cuz of their dynamic. I like how they interact with each other the most, with how snarky they can get with each other but also very sweet and supportive. To me it looks like when Shirou has fun the most, trying to keep up with the girl who's so mischievous but also kind despite what she was taught as a magus.

Oh and headcanons. I like them as being the parents of Ritsuka Fujimura. and/or the parents of joker(or fem!joker) from persona 5, and so shirou gets to see parellels in himself in joker but sees where he improves on him: having friends by his side

Oh about that scene Dragonsoldier showed. I LOVE that scene so much. I've watched it like five times at this point. XD

Tldr i just like how Shirou and Rin interact with each other more than the others which leads to headcanons I really like.

If it's any consolation, I actually like heaven's feel the most overall in story of the three routes.

Yeah I know it's weird my fav ship isn't from my fav route. Idk. That's just how it is.