• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Walda's house

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
In Emerald there was a house where a little girl named Walda lived and her dad would ask you to tell him a phrase that would cheer up his daughter. Doing so with a specific code would grant you access to a customizable wallpaper for your PC boxes. The code itself could be generated online at certain sites by imputing your ID number. Did you ever do this activity to get the special wallpaper? Which wallpaper pattern did you get?

I recently found the generator and got a wallpaper code that gave me a pink colored wallpaper with circle symbols. It looks really cool.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
On an emulator once. I forget which site I used but I definitely got a wallpaper. I Don’t understand why the password had to be so specific to each game and no hints given how to find it.

TokoyamiTheDark

The Purple Karakasa
Well, me neither... But what bothered me is that you could only have 1 custom wallpaper at the time. Oh well. I know the password system is still on a certain Wiki, but I do know it isn't on an English Pokemon Wiki (I believe the language is German, but it works for all versions/languages of Gen 2,3 and 4 games)

TwilightBlade

I got the special code phrase a long time ago and I just checked my Emerald cart and saw that my special wallpaper has a bunch of dots and stars with a green background. It's a jarring wallpaper so I might change it. I wish we could have multiple special wallpapers at a time in Emerald instead of just one.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I remember generating the special code that unlocked the wallpaper a long time ago. My special wallpaper has hearts and a blue background, but I'll probably change it soon since I think it looks bland.

Emboar_Rulez

Pokémon Master (Kinda)
I honestly had no idea this exsisted in this game though I have heard about it in other games.Whenever I'm playing a game that has something like this I just find a website online that can generate the code.

RedBlastoise

Cerulean Blues
I've never really managed to make Walda smile, sadly. Athough the special wallpaper wasn't that big of a deal to me.

No worries even I didn't think that the wallpapers were that good of a reward for all the trouble they were worth. I wish that the official Pokemon site had at least told fans how to unlock the wallpapers though instead of people being forced to find alternate ways of doing it.

jaden767

Amphetamine
The wall paper feature was interesting and I think that Gamefreak got inspired by it when they began adding special wall papers in future games. One thing that I didn't like was that the wall paper design could only be used once per game unless you changed it by redoing the secret code.