1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Walking Dead Season 4 and Spin-off series?!?

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by crobatman, Sep 21, 2013.

1. crobatman

crobatman Well-Known Member

Lorde likes this.
  2. Shneak

Shneak totem lurantis is the hardest boss

I'm kind of worried about this season because it doesn't seem to be following any particular story from the comics at this point. It's prison life drama with a "new threat."

I think it would be cool if they introduced some plots or characters from Telltale's TWD, Maybe they could even make that the spinoff.

3. RogueLapras

RogueLapras Water Gym Leader

The Walking Dead is a great show. I have the first 3 seasons on dvd. I'm not sure if I'll like the fourth season though. I really, really like (almost) all of the remaining cast. I don't want the writers to kill any of them off. They need to introduce more characters to kill off. I do have to say that I did NOT like The Governor! I wish they have given him what he deserved in the last season. Michonne is definitely my favorite character.

I am going to watch the spin-off series too. It may not be as good as the original show, but I think it will be close. And I'm sure there will be cross-over episodes too.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2013
    Lorde likes this.
  4. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I'm not that excited about season four to be honest. I thought season three's finale was a mess and I feel that season four might disappoint. Plus there aren't that many characters on the show that I really like aside from Daryl and Michonne at this point. I'll watch the premiere though, just to see how the season will start. I don't care for this supposed new spin-off series to be honest. They're just milking the series for all it's worth.

5. crobatman

crobatman Well-Known Member

I think in Season 4, they will only be at the prison for a couple episodes. There will be a false peace in the place at first, but things will quickly go into disaster. We saw in the preview that the group gets split up, so that means there will be separate plots with the characters going on in the episodes again. I hope it gets back to the feel of the earlier seasons.

I agree that the spin-off may be milking it, but isn't that what all spin-off shows do?

6. Lorde

Lorde Banned

Okay well I gave the first episode of Season 4 a chance and I thought it was decent. I liked that the prison seemed more like a community what with the crops planted everywhere and stuff, plus all the new people seemed to be helpful. I loved that Michonne was still searching for the Governor and Daryl was amazing as always in every scene. I was worried that Carl would become more annoying in this season, but he wasn't that bad. I didn't like the Glenn & Maggie pregnancy subplot though. Seemed unnecessary. Glad Hershel has a prosthetic leg now and that Carol was teaching the kids how to defend themselves from walkers. The subplot with Rick in the woods and that lady seemed kind of boring, not to mention predictable since I knew she would try to attack him. Anyway, the scenes at the store made me roll my eyes since those walkers just kept falling from the ceiling even though they must've been up there for months and they suddenly started falling once they heard noise in the store? Didn't seem realistic to me.

7. noobers

noobers ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ

Breaking Bad spin-off, Walking Dead spin-off, Mad Men's final season being extended across two years just like Breaking Bad, and Low Winter Sun promotion out the ***. I think AMC is panicking.

At least they can ride that Walking Dead cash cow for as long as those comics keep being made.

8. flawlessazn

flawlessazn Spiffy ~ ^^"

Wow, episode 1 of Season 4 was amazing! ..

Really excited to find out what the cause was of the incident at the end of the episode!

9. Tyrantrum

Tyrantrum Well-Known Member

I honestly don't know what a spin-off of the Walking Dead would even be about...

10. tipton87

tipton87 Eevee Master

Yea it was pretty amazing. The Patrick kid apparently is from a Disney cartoon Phineas and Furb.

11. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I've read some theories saying that it's because of the meat that they were eating. That one pig that Rick kept seemed to be dying from some kind of disease and I think it's being passed on to the people at the prison who are eating contaminated meat. That's one theory anyway. It could just be some other disease that's going around.

12. Asuka

Asuka Banned

The new episode was great. I loved the gore in the beginning. Finally the drama on this show is deceasing and there's more action.

13. Lorde

Lorde Banned

The newest episode was great, better than the season premiere imo. I loved that a mysterious person was feeding the walkers; it'll be interesting to learn who it is. I also liked that that Patrick kid turned quickly and that chaos broke loose when his victims turned as well. I really love chaotic moments like that in this series. I also enjoyed Michonne's moments; it seems she had a baby and lost it which would explain why she didn't want to hold Judith and then broke down in tears. I thought Rick's plan to lure the walkers away by sacrificing the pigs was ingenious but sad. And I felt so bad for Tyreese when he found Karen's remains. That was so sad.

14. flawlessazn

flawlessazn Spiffy ~ ^^"

Another awesome episode, I have a feeling that the gate will crash sooner or later during the Season ...

15. Lorde

Lorde Banned

I'm really liking this season so far. I thought the prison setting would get boring after a while, but it's still great because we still get to see Rick and the group struggle against the walkers. It just proves that there isn't a safe place in the world for them, and now with the disease that's going around things are getting more interesting. The only part of the newest episode that seemed kind of boring were Carol's moments; she's become a lot more serious and hardcore this season but I didn't care for her talk with those little girls.

16. SharpedoX

SharpedoX Treinador Áureo

(I feel like a fool; out of all places, didn't think this had his own thread - finally someone I can talk to about the show who really understands it! ;_; )

That gigantic herd Daryl and co. spotted is undeniably going to the prison by the season finale. But apparently, someone is feeding the walkers and those... burnt bodies. All so confusing. I'm thinking the Governor has someone infiltrated that is trying to corrode the group.

PS: Who is Michonne chasing in Macon?

Last edited: Oct 23, 2013
    Lorde likes this.
  17. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

Season 4's first episode was great, but it doesn't seem like the story is going to go anywhere at the moment other than -> new threat, run away, survive outbreak, live somewhere new.

It's concerning, but i'll let things kick off before fully making a prediction.

18. Lorde

Lorde Banned

The Governor apparently. Also, I don't think he's behind the troubles at the prison. I find it hard to believe that he could enter it and start trouble without anyone noticing. I think he's out there biding his time in Macon which is where Michonne wanted to search next (it was one of the few places she hadn't searched yet apparently).

19. Haunter ゴースト

Haunter ゴースト Well-Known Member

I haven't read the comics, but to me it's likely Governor is going to form an army of people/walkers in order to attack the prison and get revenge later in this season or the next.

20. SharpedoX

SharpedoX Treinador Áureo

Ah, thank you! Kind of a dumb question on my part though but I might have missed some plot point here or there.