• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Walking Dead Season 4 and Spin-off series?!?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I haven't read the comics, but to me it's likely Governor is going to form an army of people/walkers in order to attack the prison and get revenge later in this season or the next.

I skimmed some of the summaries for the comics, but honestly, the television series doesn't adhere to the comics that well in the first place, so the comics don't exactly foreshadow what will happen in this season imo. Although I think it's obvious that the Governor will attack the prison again with a new gang of people. He'll probably appeal to the desperate people that are living in the wilderness and who want a safe place to live and the prison is one of the few safe places in the area apparently. That'll probably be their target.

Haunter ゴースト

I skimmed some of the summaries for the comics, but honestly, the television series doesn't adhere to the comics that well in the first place, so the comics don't exactly foreshadow what will happen in this season imo. Although I think it's obvious that the Governor will attack the prison again with a new gang of people. He'll probably appeal to the desperate people that are living in the wilderness and who want a safe place to live and the prison is one of the few safe places in the area apparently. That'll probably be their target.

Honestly, that's exactly what i already predicted.

Especially the desperate kind of people as you said - we've already seen one in S401 who tried to attack Rick, hint much?

Lorde

This week's episode was a lot slower than I thought it would be, but I loved that Rick and Tyresse fought at the beginning. It felt realistic given that Tyresse had just lost Karen. I was surprised and saddened that Sasha got infected though; I like her and I want her to survive. I liked that Hershel risked his life to help the people at the prison with his homemade remedy and I was surprised by the size of the herd that Daryl and the others encountered; I thought Tyresse was dead for a minute until he showed up again in the woods. I wonder what that radio broadcast was about though. Anyway, I'm stunned that Carol was the one who killed Karen and David. That revelation was shocking.

Asuka

Banned
To summarize last week's episode: Damn Carol you scary! Srsly she's just plain weird now and I did not expect that plot twist. TWD keeps getting better and better.

Lorde

The new episode was even slower than the previous one, but I loved Daryl; he kept the others in line and although I don't like that Michonne plans to stop searching for the Governor because of what Daryl said in the previous episode, at least it was development for her and it shows that she's getting over Andrea's death. I thought the parts with Rick and Carol were pretty boring and I'm surprised he blamed her for what she did; she was obviously just trying to protect everyone. I don't get it though, did she go her own separate way at the end or what? I feel like I missed something because my stream was so laggy.

Minteh

It's so shiny!
Finally! A thread where I can discuss TWD with others, seriously no-one else I know understands it well enough for me to be able to hold a proper conversation...

I caught up with episode 4 last night, since we won't be getting it till tomorrow over here. Quite shocked that Rick blamed Carol, I mean surely she was only protecting everyone? I loved Daryl in this episode, I liked how he kept the peace between them for once.

In regards to the spin-off, I think it would be great to use characters from Telltale's TWD just maybe not from the main plotline. As much as I'd love to see who they'd potentially cast as Lee and Clem I will always only be able to see them as who they were in the game. To be honest though, if you've played the game, the last episode would be a real tearjerker.
It's very unlikely they will use TWDG characters anyways cause Robert Kirkman designed them specifically for that game if I'm not mistaken. Maybe if they did, they could find a way to incorporate Lilly?

Lorde

I caught up with episode 4 last night, since we won't be getting it till tomorrow over here. Quite shocked that Rick blamed Carol, I mean surely she was only protecting everyone? I loved Daryl in this episode, I liked how he kept the peace between them for once.

I'm pissed that Rick blamed Carol and pretty much exiled her from the group. I mean he killed Shane because he was dangerous, and Carol killed Karen and David for the same reason. Why is Carol a threat but not Rick himself? It's ridiculous and at this point I hope Carol meets the Governor and sides with him against the prison group.

Minteh

It's so shiny!
I'm pissed that Rick blamed Carol and pretty much exiled her from the group. I mean he killed Shane because he was dangerous, and Carol killed Karen and David for the same reason. Why is Carol a threat but not Rick himself? It's ridiculous and at this point I hope Carol meets the Governor and sides with him against the prison group.

I know right? I undestand that Rick needs to protect everyone but thats what Carol was doing as well. She just didn't want the disease to spread to others, which in my opinion is perfectly viable.

Lorde

This week's episode was amazing. The first half was slow but still interesting since Hershel really worked hard to help as many people as possible, but then everything spiraled out of control when people turned into walkers and I was actually scared that Hershel would die. I even felt really bad for Glenn; I don't particularly care for his character, but I didn't want him to die either. Glad Maggie arrived to help and that Daryl's group brought the supplies. I was also stressed out watching Rick and Carl when the walkers breached the fence. I wish they had used those guns before though. Anyway, the ending was the best part of the episode: the Governor is back!

Asuka

Banned
Kind of a boring episode cuz the governor just bonded with a new family but the ending was intense when they were chased in the forest and when the governor fell into that hole with the little girl.

Lorde

I liked how this week's episode started with the Governor and Martinez and that other guy camping after their failed prison assault and how those two guys just left the Governor like that. Seeing him meet Lily's family was interesting; I was actually scared that he would kill them, but he's their protector now which is cool I guess. I was worried when they encountered that herd of walker since I thought somebody would die, but I loved the action scenes that showed the Governor killing those walkers in the pit with his bare hands. Seeing Martinez show up with another group at the end was a surprise. It seems the Governor's little group merges with them.

crobatman

I have enjoyed every episode in this season. This past one was good to explain the Governor some, but the episode before this had me shaking. I thought that Hershel was going to get killed! Also, the whole plot with the epidemic is in my interest, since I am studying Public Health. One thing I have learned is that one disaster (such as a Zombie plague) will eventually lead to other problems.

Lorde

This week's episode was so good because of the Governor's return to insanity. I admit that I was starting to feel bad for him, but that changed the minute he throw Martinez at those walkers. The way he killed that other guy was harsh too; I get that he thought he would be a better leader for the group, but the Governor was just heartless. I loved seeing the ending where he spotted Hershel and Michonne in the woods. It seems like the confrontation between his group and Rick's will begin in the next episode. I'm so excited.

Asuka

Banned
Damn the new episode was tragic. Bye Hershel and Judith. And thank god that The Governor is finally dead. He deserved it.

Lorde

Wow. That was the most amazing episode of The Walking Dead ever. Finally, we got the huge confrontation between the Governor's group and the prison group. I sobbed like a baby during the last 15 minutes to be honest. But first, I thought the mid-season finale started off slow and I was surprised that the Governor used Michonne and Hershel as hostages. I even thought that he was being too nice by wanting to resolve everything without violence. I also liked Daryl's reaction at the prison when Rick told him about Carol, and I was waiting for Tyresse's reaction as well until the prison was attacked. I thought there was a lot of talking between Rick and the Governor, but all hell broke loose when the Governor attacked Hershel. I literally screamed when it happened. I thought Hershel was dead but then he started moving after the gun fight broke out, and then the Governor just finished him off. I yelled even louder and I was so pissed that the Governor went ahead and shot that little Megan girl. Sure she was done for anyway, but it showed how cold hearted he really is. The rest of the attack on the prison had me on the edge of my seat especially the way the tank just tore through the fences. I really thought Beth or Maggie would die, but thankfully they survived. I loved that Michonne stabbed the Governor, although I was disappointed that she didn't kill him. Seeing Rick and Carl reunited was intense, but finding out that Judith was dead/stolen (not sure which) was even more intense and I felt so bad. Thank God that the Governor was killed by his own love interest. I feel like there's more I could say, but I need to watch the entire episode again to let everything sink in.

Jimmy Ray

Banned
Holy **** that was a great mid season finale. Poor Hershel man he didnt deserve to be decapitated like that but thank god the Governor was killed by Lilly after he fought Rick and Michonne.

Kreayshawn

Judith is still alive they probably took her out of the carrier because it would've slowed them down.

CptDrDigi

Chickity China
The Mid-Season finale was pretty cool, it was a nice ep, good things all around, though it was a bit slow to begin with, though there is just one thing that still bugs me, and it has bugged me since season 3...

WHY THE **** IS DARYL STILL ALIVE?!

I get that he is like, the poster boy for the series, but I still don't like him, he has no plot.

>inb4 o who would've gotten the meds from the vet college

Yeah, because Tyreese, or basically anyone else, couldn't do that at all.

I was so happy when I saw that zombie walking up behind, I was rooting for the zombie to take him down in the most pussied out way possible. But no, the writers have to pander to the audience and have him use the zombie as a shield, because now, even though the same bullets were go thorough pretty much everything else, including Bob, Daryl's zombie shield is bulletproof.

I know it sounds like I'm just *****ing about nothing, but seriously, he doesn't have anything resembling a plot right now, and face it, if he died helping the others get away, that'd still be a good martyr death.

Maybe in the second half, they'll actually give him something of a plot, other than being a redneck deus ex machina, until then, I'm just gonna wait for him to die.

that Mid season finale though omg :O lol it's funny how tyrese got stuck with the kids :D

Lorde

I like that all the characters are scattered; Glenn with the bus group, Maggie, Bob, and Sasha together, Tyreese with the two girls, Daryl with Beth, Michonne on her own, and Rick and Carl together. I'm kind of disappointed that Michonne just wandered off though; she could've helped Rick look for Carl but she sort of walked away after looking at the Governor lying on the ground. I'm looking forward to seeing how everyone survives when the season resumes.