• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wally, Cheren, Bianca = NOT MAIN CHARACTERS OF PokeSpe

SoulGuardian

PICHU ROXORZ!
They're not! Even on netkun.com, they're not shown. It's soooooo obvious; only the characters who actually have a full-on storyline and are named based on the games are.

So whoever made those bulbapedia changes are dumbasses.

SoulGuardian

PICHU ROXORZ!
That's Bulbapedia for ya, man.

Everytime I try to change it, they get mad and now I've been blocked for making something right?

WTF?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
>implying that a wiki, which can be edited by anyone, is somehow administratively responsible for every single thing that goes on

Geez people, cut it out.

Oh noooo. Not this again.

Well, that doesn't change the fact that they are main characters in a sense that they'll play an important role.

I mean, they may not actually be "dex holders" (since their pokedexes are broken), and who knows if they'll keep their pokedexes, but they STILL are main characters of this particular chapters.

....I'm not sure if this thread should stay open or not. *runs to hide*

Karpi

Forever a pirate
Wally had a fairly important role, though. Plus he took care of a main character's pokemon and had a starter for quite a while. Sounds exactly like what the "real" main characters do.

Okay, so he disappeared for a while. It's not like Crystal never did that...

ForeverFlame

This thread needs an iron fist. Badly.

They're not! Even on netkun.com, they're not shown.

So? That means absolutely nothing.

It's soooooo obvious

What a fantastic argument.

only the characters who actually have a full-on storyline and are named based on the games are.

That's just your opinion, and not fact. It's like saying that Harry Potter is the main character because his name is in the title, but Ron and Hermione aren't main characters. There are different levels of importance in a story, and those three characters are definitely important enough to be considered to be main characters.

So whoever made those bulbapedia changes are dumbasses.

Lose a wiki edit war. Proceed to vent on an unrelated forum. You need to reconsider who you're aiming that insult towards.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
And before you claim that they aren't on the website, they are.

Well, Bianca and Cheren are.

(On Black's profile, but still here)

e9310103838

I'll wait for the third version released,

and Cheren and Bianca will be the main character of the official maybe (No N, I believe.)

As for Wally, unless he become a main character once again in RS remake (Pokemon Adventures),

otherwise he is just a supporting character (The main character of a waste case.) ;479-f;

shengar

Silent reader
I'll wait for the third version released,

and Cheren and Bianca will be the main character of the official maybe (No N, I believe.)

As for Wally, unless he become a main character once again in RS remake (Pokemon Adventures),

otherwise he is just a supporting character (The main character of a waste case.) ;479-f;

I prefer Cheren and Bel over N for main character. I can accpet if Kusaka create new character named Grey instead but no. Just no N please.

We can wait until the remake of Hoenn to see whether Wally's role is expanded or not. I hope it is.

deokishisu.123

Justified Trope
Sad for you children, Bianca and Cheren (not so much Wally) ARE indeed main characters, as they own a Pokédex to each their own, even if they are broken at the moment. If they hold the Dex, they are main characters. Point blank, end of discussion.

Ruby Blue

I think they're main characters, in fact they remind me of Blue and Green in the RGB chapter.

Main characters, but they take a second place to the other main.
(Red for Blue and Green, Black for Bianca and Cheren.).

Oh boy...this was kinda the opposite of what I was trying to avoid with that other thread...

Wally was never really much of a main character. A great character, yes, but not a main. In the games you only had to fight him twice (not counting rematches post-game) and he never got a starter Pokemon. In the RS arc, even if he did wake up Rayquaza, he still didn't get much spotlight compared to Ruby and Sapphire. He didn't face off with them at the end of the arc, which all main characters get to do. (Y'know, all the final form starters attacking at once. While Blue and Green didn't fight Giovanni, they teamed up with Red to take down Zapmolcuno.) There were definitely plans to make him the Emerald representation, but that was dropped since it wouldn't have made sense for him to be at the Battle Frontier. In any case, yes, netkun doesn't consider him a main character.

It's a bit trickier with Bianca and Cheren. For what it's worth, I don't think even the mangaka is sure whether or not they count as main characters. He broke their Pokedexes to prevent them from getting them and is probably waiting for the new story elements in the inevitable third version to come in before he decides what to do. I don't really think the netkun site really proves their main character status as they don't have their own pages; they're just part of Black's. Starters alone don't make a main character here; the old lady in the FRLG arc has all three Johto starters, Tucker has a Charizard, and a whole bunch of Galactic arcs have Charmeleon and Combuskin.

Last edited:

Beat!

The Chords of Steel
Oh boy...this was kinda the opposite of what I was trying to avoid with that other thread...

Wally was never really much of a main character. A great character, yes, but not a main. In the games you only had to fight him twice (not counting rematches post-game) and he never got a starter Pokemon. In the RS arc, even if he did wake up Rayquaza, he still didn't get much spotlight compared to Ruby and Sapphire. He didn't face off with them at the end of the arc, which all main characters get to do. (Y'know, all the final form starters attacking at once. While Blue and Green didn't fight Giovanni, they teamed up with Red to take down Zapmolcuno.) There were definitely plans to make him the Emerald representation, but that was dropped since it wouldn't have made sense for him to be at the Battle Frontier. In any case, yes, netkun doesn't consider him a main character.

It's a bit trickier with Bianca and Cheren. For what it's worth, I don't think even the mangaka is sure whether or not they count as main characters. He broke their Pokedexes to prevent them from getting them and is probably waiting for the new story elements in the inevitable third version to come in before he decides what to do. I don't really think the netkun site really proves their main character status as they don't have their own pages; they're just part of Black's. Starters alone don't make a main character here; the old lady in the FRLG arc has all three Johto starters, Tucker has a Charizard, and a whole bunch of Galactic arcs have Charmeleon and Combuskin.

^This
In regards to Wally it's clear that he is an important character, just not as important as Ruby, Sapphire and Emerald. Yes, Kusaka maybe planned for him to be the original equivalent to the Emerald version but at some point he changed his plans.

As for Cheren and Bianca, only time will tell if they are as important as Black and White. White doesn't have a pokedex and yet she is a main character, going by the logic that she is named after a game version, has a starter and she is modeled after one of the two playable characters. In regards to Cheren and Bianca, they have a starter and a pokedex that is broken as of right now, and just as TheViolentTomboy said i think that is because Kusaka is waiting for the third version. Although i can see him creating a whole new character just like generation I and generation III.

Darkstorm16

Normally they have a Dex trio, mostly named after the games, in this case though Cheren and Bianca have broken pokedexes but they are still pokedexes, while White (named after Pokemon White) does not. Soo maybe for once this series changed it around.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I already said that I never considered Wally to be a main character. I still liked him, but I would never group him together with the other Dex Holders. I haven't put much thought into Cheren and Bianca, but I guess they're in the same boat as Wally. I just don't see them being as important as Black and White. I still like them very much, but they aren't main characters in my mind. I guess it's all just a matter of opinion, though.

Leety

PokeSpe Enthusiast
The Dex Holders named after versions of the games are the main characters.

OK, then we have secondary characters. Cheren, Bianca, and Wally are the most important of the secondary characters along with Oak and the main villains.

That is how I see it. They are not on the highest tier of characters, but they are still main secondary characters.

The Harry Potter analogy above is kinda true, with Harry being the main character. Ron and Hermione are the main secondary characters, with Harry being the only one on his tier of characters.

Basically, all central protagonists (in PokeSpe's case, the version named characters) are on the top tier in any given work. All other super-important characters are on the next tier, and so on.

Wally etc. can still be main characters, but not AS main as the central protagonists.

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I'm kinda thinking that Bianca and Cheren are temporary main characters for the time being until there comes a third version of BW comes out. Kinda of the way that they did the same with Wally before there was even anything about there being anything about there being Emerald. Guess that there'll be some manga original character that'll have the same name as the third version like how ever odd number generation version of the PokeSpecial has been. So in short now , I'd actually consider Wally , Cheren , and Bianca are Secondary main characters but not the actual "main" main characters of the PokeSpecial.

JetshipperKekkaishi

High School DxD Fanatic
They are main characters. Bianca and Cheron since they each have a Pokedex.They do have an important part in the series. Even if they don't have a major part in the series. They are Pokedex holders but don't have a major part over Black or White.