• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wally in ORAS chapter

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
My opinion is that Wally is overrated, poorly written, uses lethal projectile weapons in a series where no guns are used by protagonists, and that his fans have very little objective reasoning why he should be in the ORAS chapter of Pokémon Adventures.

Okay, that's it. People, I have Volume 21 sitting next to me at my desk. I just thumbed through it one more time and I have not seen Wally use a "lethal projectile weapon" or "cannons" on his respirator "armor". Was there something in Volume 20 that I missed? Or is this guy mistaking Wally's Pokeball-launching gauntlet as a cannon?

I do apologize for derailing the thread, but this keeps being brought up and now I'm curious.

skyblast

I've seen them all before=Wally fan-themed hiveminding.

I don't hate Wally, I dislike people's obsession with him.

You haven't been on DeviantArt, Tumblr or 4Chan I take it?

Most things are SUPERFICIALLY cute. Wally fits in here.

If I had forgot that Pokémon was Japanese, I wouldn't have even cared about kawaii syndrome with Wally..

I just believe that Wally has nothing to contribute or gain to the ORAS chapter. That is all.

I'm fully aware of tumblr , deviantart, and pixiv, and you're overstating the obsession. Characters like N or Steven or Sycamore have the bigger obsessive fanbases. Do you hate them too because they're popular? Because that seems to be the issue here. It's fine by me if you don't like him and don't want to see him, but people liking a character for the same reason =/= a hivemind. Nobody is telling you have to love him, but you really can't argue that he shouldn't be included in ORAS just because you don't like him.

LordSerperior

Opinions are opinions. Your opinions are as invalid as mine and the rest of the fandom's.
I never said my opinion has any influence over anyone, and no one has to agree with me.
No one owes me anything.
People can have whatever opinions they want. However, not only can I have my own opinion(s), I can also agree or disagree publicly with and about others' if I want to.
Please stop assuming my emotional state, daily procedures on the internet, and other things about my life. Especially that I am in opposition to you on everything simply because I have a different opinion.

My opinion is that Wally is overrated, poorly written, uses lethal projectile weapons in a series where no guns are used by protagonists, and that his fans have very little objective reasoning why he should be in the ORAS chapter of Pokémon Adventures. It's just that. An opinion. Not a proclamation of fact and/or law or a condemnation of those who like Wally as people seperate from their fandom. I have just much right to disagree publicly with him being in ORAS Adventures just as much as you have to try "exposing" my supposed hatred of Wally, his fans and other peoples' opinions not matching my own.

Yes you are entitled to your opinions and can disagree with anyone's opinions. But what you are doing is being disrespectful of others' opinions, people can like Wally for whatever reasons they like. The things that make you see Wally as overrated could very well be why someone else likes Wally and saying they're reasons are "unoriginal", "shallow" and "mindless" is being disrespectful. You can disagree without being disrespectful.
What you do on the internet is none of my business but you keep trying to "convince" everyone else of Wally being popular due to the ships he's involved in (which is an assumption in itself). Anyway I apologize for making that remark, commenting on your personal life was not my intention.
As for Wally being in the ORAS chapter, again Kusaka has made other lesser important characters relevant to the plot so that could be easily done with Wally too.

Gamzee Makara

Flirtin' With Disaster
Yes you are entitled to your opinions and can disagree with anyone's opinions. But what you are doing is being disrespectful of others' opinions, people can like Wally for whatever reasons they like. The things that make you see Wally as overrated could very well be why someone else likes Wally and saying they're reasons are "unoriginal", "shallow" and "mindless" is being disrespectful. You can disagree without being disrespectful.
What you do on the internet is none of my business but you keep trying to "convince" everyone else of Wally being popular due to the ships he's involved in (which is an assumption in itself). Anyway I apologize for making that remark, commenting on your personal life was not my intention.
As for Wally being in the ORAS chapter, again Kusaka has made other lesser important characters relevant to the plot so that could be easily done with Wally too.

Oh...I see. Now that you put it that way...oh I am so sorry...I was way out of line...

Maybe if he doesn't have the Iron Lung Man suit, Wally might contribute by using his connection to Rayquaza forged by and in conjunction with Norman to try to calm it down when Zinnia and the Draconids inevitably make it go rogue(but failing)?

LordSerperior

Oh...I see. Now that you put it that way...oh I am so sorry...I was way out of line...

Maybe if he doesn't have the Iron Lung Man suit, Wally might contribute by using his connection to Rayquaza forged by and in conjunction with Norman to try to calm it down when Zinnia and the Draconids inevitably make it go rogue(but failing)?

No worries man

As for Wally, I don't really know what he could do in ORAS but I definitely want to see him again as a stronger, more confident trainer. I hope Kusaka can make him be important to the plot in some way, some sort of involvement with Rayquaza is currently the best bet. He made Courtney important in RS and made me love her in the process, I'm sure he can do something for Wally (and I also hope there's more to Lisia than what we've seen)

Red and Blue

I wonder if Sapphire will giver her Gallade to Wally? Like maybe it's revealed Wally has the megastone and Sapphire decides that Gallade would be better suited with Wally. Assuming he doesn't have one already of course.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I see no point in giving it to her in the first place if that's where it ends up.

Crystal

The Pokemon Observer
I actually kind of expected that Kiruru will be given to Wally. That is because Sapphire already had Blaziken for Mega Evolution, I don't think she will need another MEable pokemon on her hand, that will just be unfair to Ruby.

Oh wait, but Ruby already had MegaLatios (Well technically he doesn't "owned" him, Latios was simply helping him on demand). That turns out Ruby already had more MEable pokemon than Sapphire. But it may be balanced if Latias joined force with Sapphire. I kind of want to see that. And not yet to speak I kind of miss the human illusion of Latias......

DX 2401PT

Monitor
Ruby has Swampert and Gardevoir capable of going Mega.
Sapphire has Blaziken and Aggron, with the high likelihood of Gallade as well.

But Sapphire's Gallade shouldn't really go to anyone else. It's a part of her "double team" with Ruby. Ruby has Gardevoir, Sapphire has Gallade. Similar to how they had Plusle and Minun. I really don't think Wally should break that.

lolipiece

Staff member
Poor Emerald's the only one with one Mega Evolution-capable Pokemon.

Wonder if his Dusclops evolved to compensate.

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Poor Emerald's the only one with one Mega Evolution-capable Pokemon.
He already bested Ruby in a battle back in the Emerald chapters, I don't think he really needed another mega. Plus Kiruru and Rara might be sligggght nods to the whole RuSa pairing and their teamwork with her getting the masculine Gallade and him getting the feminine Gardevoir, like their Plusle/Minun team, I imagine they'll be trump cards in the final fight of this arc.

Wonder if his Dusclops evolved to compensate.
Dusknoir is beast so I'm right there with you.

As for Wally, he wasn't really that important in the grand scheme of things so I'm okay with him appearing or not appearing, I liked him a fair amount in PokeSpe but I can't say I expect an appearance or any real importance from his character aside from maybe a little side mission. Kind of a shame, he has his arc. that was originally meant for him hijacked by Emerald and then Mega Gallade, his siggy in-game, gets taken by Sapphire. Being PokeSpe!Wally is suffering indeed.

Last edited:

GinGaru

i know this is really off-topic but how come everyone here read the manga and i cant find chapters for bw arc

lolipiece

Staff member
i know this is really off-topic but how come everyone here read the manga and i cant find chapters for bw arc

People read them by buying the officially released volumes.

I can see you mean chapters released online that aren't ORAS. Those are not to be discussed here, as they are illegal.