• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Walt Disney Pictures Acquires Lucasfilm Ltd. Star Wars Episode VII due 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 318910

Well, let's see:

It'll be released a decade after Star Wars: Episode III: Revenge of the Sith

George Lucas won't direct it; he's a Creative Consultant

It's going to be ENTIRELY original, none of that EU BS (although, i'd like if they kept the empire still going)

So yeah, i'm really excited for this (considering the fact i'm almost 13. >__>)

The only problem is this: The story's done.

As George Lucas said, "It's the story of Anakin Skywalker." I don't see how they can make more stories with Mark Hamill (65), Harrison Ford (70), and Carrie Fisher (56) without it being uninteresting. It'll be a HELL of a lot better than the prequels, that's for sure, but probably won't be as good as A New Hope or The Empire Strikes Back.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm excited. They made Spidey awesomer than the old ones. I can't wait

BCVM22

The Raimi films respected the source material just fine. That wasn't their problem.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
I think people place too much importance on the 'integrity of the saga' or whatever. Whatever comes next in the franchise doesn't take away what good stuff already exists.

I'm just looking forward to the new soundtrack. With a few exceptions (KOTOR being one of them), nearly EVERY Star Wars game just uses the standard film soundtrack again and again, and as great as the songs are, we need something fresh!

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
I'm still pretty mixed about this, but this is definitly something to look forward to.
As I wonder how the videogames will be effected.

shadow_zoroark

Think They Saw Us?
I honestly... don't like it >.< even though they may have save Marvel, just something about it twists in my gut

although it does give the possibility of "The Force" in the next Kingdom Hearts game, i think the thought of "Star Wars Episode 7" (no matter how much it hurts me to say this) would cheapen the entire franchise, and considering most of the movies made today are mostly aweful, part of me is dreading it... and despise my overall discontent with this, there IS still the part of me that wants to believe that Disney will make Star Wars flourish.. so i guess all we can do is wait and see what happens ^^;;

funrush

Elite Beat Agent
Well, let's see:

It's going to be ENTIRELY original, none of that EU BS (although, i'd like if they kept the empire still going)

As George Lucas said, "It's the story of Anakin Skywalker." I don't see how they can make more stories with Mark Hamill (65), Harrison Ford (70), and Carrie Fisher (56) without it being uninteresting. It'll be a HELL of a lot better than the prequels, that's for sure, but probably won't be as good as A New Hope or The Empire Strikes Back.
Well, I assume it would be about their children or some other new Jedi.

Steampunk

One Truth Prevails
Well, let's see:

as i said before, the easiest answer to this problem is to just make a new batch of movies. as someone said they had ideas for 12 movies originally, just make a new batch of 6. and i would love to see star wars in KH.

Argon Wartortle

Farewell, SPPF...
Honestly I really am not a happy bunny about this. First of all NintendoCoke is right, the story is finished, and also I really don't like Disney's movies. WAIT, WAIT, BEFORE PEOPLE BOMBARD THE HELL OUT OF ME WITH HATE, I love Brave and The Jungle Book, etc. but Star Wars is, I feel, a bit mature for some of the kids I know who like Disney movies. Like, with lightsaber fights and whatnot. Just sayin', and it's just my opinion.

Status
Not open for further replies.