• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Want More English Manga?

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
With Nintendo Power translating a Mystery Dungeon (Mysterious Dungeon sounds so much better...) manga, I decided to give 'em an e-mail.

In over five years of subscribing to NP, I've never written an e-mail. The Pokémon Mystery Dungeon manga has finally made me snap and send one. Is it possible for you to release English-language graphic novels of Nintendo manga like the various Zelda mangas and Pokémon Special? At the very least, could you release a graphic novel of the Mystery Dungeon manga?The only way for fans to get the majority of these is through fan translations. These comics are some of the most enjoyable parts of NP and we fans would adore you for making them available to English-speaking audiences. So much that we wouldn't consider to stop getting your magazine in spite or anything crazy like that.

Austin B.
Although I may have sent it three times on accident, I doubt I'll do anything. Anyone want to e-mail them at pulse@nintendopower.com asking for more, please go on ahead. I beg of you. ;_;

Last edited:

Konosuke

I am Erureido
Hm, thats a great idea. Although, emails may not work, it would be a nice try. I'll send an email soon and try to help out ^^

Grimsg

Thunder Trainer
Nice idea but I think that's just going to go straight through to their junk mail filter, but alas, you'll never know.

Grimsg

KamonPedro

The Squirrel Master
I don't think this would work, even if they read the messages. All the licensing and whatnot they would have to do...probably not worth the trouble. I mean, Viz still has the Adventures rights. Having to either pay them for printing it in their magazine, or whatever...Don't know.

Chris

Old Coot
God dammit. Deleted three posts regarding fan scans. YOU CAN'T POST THOSE OR LINKS TO THEM HERE. Lil Brother is okay though for stating he wishes for there to be more official content, so he's alright.

Yami Ash

With Nintendo Power translating a Mystery Dungeon (Mysterious Dungeon sounds so much better...) manga, I decided to give 'em an e-mail.

Although I may have sent it three times on accident, I doubt I'll do anything. Anyone want to e-mail them at pulse@nintendopower.com asking for more, please go on ahead. I beg of you. ;_;

According to amazon, there is already a plan for a one volume collection of this manga:http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/14...ef=sr_1_3/102-1642614-7992954?ie=UTF8&s=books

littlestchristian13

ThatEmoMetal-head <3
it is a good idea, but in my town or the next three over, they have never sold one pokemon manga. I have the original "electric tales of pikachu" series my mom bought the day they were released, but, I guess the only manga of pkmn i have is pokemon:majical journey (vo.1 and gold and silver)

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
You want Viz to release more manga in English? Then it's simple; buy the manga they release. If enough people buy their products, they'll realize that there is a market for Pokemon manga in the US and will release more.

If everyone is cheap, though, and reads scanslations instead of buying the official translation, then Viz will have no reason to release anything else.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
You want Viz to release more manga in English? Then it's simple; buy the manga they release. If enough people buy their products, they'll realize that there is a market for Pokemon manga in the US and will release more.

If everyone is cheap, though, and reads scanslations instead of buying the official translation, then Viz will have no reason to release anything else.

Yes. Exactly. The reason they haven't translated any more of the other Pokemon mangas (or finished the other ones) was because the sales were dropping when the popularity of Pokemon dwindled.

Meh, I try to buy the actual mangas rather than read them off the internet. I miss the days of people actually having books in their hands rather than reading stuff off the internet. I know that not everyone can afford to buy mangas/books all the time, but it does help to go the store and get them.

Yami Ash

Yes. Exactly. The reason they haven't translated any more of the other Pokemon mangas (or finished the other ones) was because the sales were dropping when the popularity of Pokemon dwindled.

Meh, I try to buy the actual mangas rather than read them off the internet. I miss the days of people actually having books in their hands rather than reading stuff off the internet. I know that not everyone can afford to buy mangas/books all the time, but it does help to go the store and get them.

Well, the scanlation part is completely moot right now. Whether you buy or read on the internet only matters when you have the choice.

As for the reason the sales dropped, it had a number of things that were considered standard back then but have been largely dropped, such as releasing manga like traditional comics: In 22 page books that are then collected into larger versions for around $15. Now that that is no longer the case, manga's popularity has soared, and the market is much healthier. Healthy enough to support Pokemon manga now, I hope.

Chris

Old Coot
I also suggest filling out any cards and online surveys Viz offers regarding the manga. That's the best way they can find out, aside from sales, what people think of specific manga.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Nice idea but I think that's just going to go straight through to their junk mail filter, but alas, you'll never know.

Grimsg

Someone's losing business ;) - I think it's a good idea. And Nintendo Power staff does answer questions like that in their magazine each month - I mean hello, I have a subscription.

I wish Viz or Nintendo would step up to the plate and continue from where they left off.

BTW - I emailed them about it a long time ago (to Viz) - and they responded once and sent me the email to send it to. I sent it there and they acknowledged they got my Email and would email me back in 48 hours and I never got a single email back from them >_>;

But I have a feeling since they are releasing "Best of Adventures" later this year - they may possibly start translating the Manga again, which would be awesome...

~Scott;229;

Last edited:

Dogasu

Frustrated Elf
Yami Ash said:
As for the reason the sales dropped, it had a number of things that were considered standard back then but have been largely dropped, such as releasing manga like traditional comics: In 22 page books that are then collected into larger versions for around $15.

You can't say that it failed because of the way manga was released back then. Dragon Ball Z was released in the same 22-page issue that was then collected into these huge $15.00 volumes format, yet that's been doing great. In fact, Viz just released the final volume not too long ago.

Pokemon manga in the US failed because no one was buying it, plain and simple. You can try to come up with all these other excuses to try to justify it, but at the end of the day, it all came down to money. Luckily, Viz is taking a chance and seems to be giving Pokemon manga a second chance, and it's up to us fans to make sure Viz knows that we want them to continue. And the best way to do that is to buy the books they release.

Is the new manga in the same style of the Pokemon Pikachu Bagloo ect series or that awful Pokemon adventure ones? I did not like the adventures but rather the ones based on Ash...some rather good storys in there, I loved the way team rocket were portrayed as well.

Lil Brother

Just kinda there.
Is the new manga in the same style of the Pokemon Pikachu Bagloo ect series or that awful Pokemon adventure ones? I did not like the adventures but rather the ones based on Ash...some rather good storys in there, I loved the way team rocket were portrayed as well.
There is no new manga. o.o Not a long-running one, anyway. There's a six-chapter Mystery Dungeon based off a kid named Genji who turns into a Torchic... And it's not flipped.

The Ash-focused manga you're talking about is The Electric Tale of Pikachu or Dengeki Pikachu. It was four graphic novels long and ended years ago...

Pokémon Adventures isn't bad, just not based off of Ash. It's not like the anime is. They're released two graphic novels called "The Best of Pokémon Adventures" soon, God knows what they are.

What style are you talkiing about?