• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Want to buy Pocket Monsters Special

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSJCyberSoni

Jaded Veteran
Hey there all.

I'd figure I'd ask here, since you guys probably have the best chance of actually being able to help me.

I've been pirating the Pocket Monsters Special manga from the internet for quite some time now, only due to the fact that I could never afford to buy it.

But I'll (hopefully) be better off in a bit, so I want to actually start buying the manga and thereby support the writer.

Now here's the deal. Locally I can order the Viz Media translation from a store a few towns over, but I've heard some strange things about Viz's way of censoring things. Above that is the iffy way they release the volumes. I mean they've only NOW started with Ruby/Sapphire while Diamond/Pearl AND Black/White being released for a while now (so that screws the continuity of the plot a bit)

But as far as I could tell by searching around the net, apart from using sites like e-bay (that I'm pretty sure I can't buy from in my craphole country) there's no other way of getting the Chuang Yi version.

Is it worthwhile to buckle down and get the Viz Media version? Or is there some way for me to get then Chuang Yi version?

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
It doesn't really matter. Yes Viz skipped some arcs first and leaves a plot hole in DP arc and yes the BW arc that Viz is releasing is only the magazine version. Buying Viz is up to you. I have vol 1 til 7 in my bookshelf and those are the Viz edition and I am happy about it. I just ignore the censor. I know how the original scene is and that's enough for me.

CY has a lot of grammar errors if you compare it to Viz, where I've only found a few.

SSJCyberSoni

Jaded Veteran
Okay cool.

I recently ordered the Viz version of Volumes 1-18 from amazon in desperation, so I'm glad to hear at least I didn't waste my money. ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.