• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Want to question Tetsuji Ota?

I've had the opportunity to submit questions to someone I know who'll be chatting with Tetsuji Ota, and I thought it'd be nice to see if any of you have any questions you'd like to hear him answer.

Most of you probably have no idea who Tetsuji Ota is. So I did a little research, and discovered that he has been involved in the Pokemon video game franchise since the making of Gold and Silver and was involved with the following aspects of the game:

2nd generation - Game Design, Script, Map Data, Map Design
3rd generation - Game Design, Map Design, Battle Frontier Data, Parameter setting
4th generation - Game Design, Battle Tower Data, Parameter setting

It is also expected that he will be involved with the new battling facilities in Pokemon Platinum.

Also, try to think about the questions that you're suggesting. I won't choose any questions that are too personal, that we already have an answer to, that we know he won't answer, that may make him feel annoyed or awkward, and so on. The best questions will probably be related to his roles in the making of the Pokemon games.

The interview will be relatively short, and will be conducted in Japanese, so there will be translating involved. The interview will not be video recorded. It will be audio recorded, then written down, then translated.

I'll be giving in questions posted here on Saturday 23rd August, when, hopefully, this thread will be locked.

If any of you have any questions about the actual interview process, feel free to ask me.

Last edited:
Oh cool!
May I have the honnor of the first question?

Will there ever be Gold/Silver remakes for the DS?

I don't know if he'd know that, but hey! It's worth a try!
Thanks.

Last edited:
^Well, he probably would know, but I'm not sure if he'd want to answer it, or if he'd even be allowed to.

If that question actually does make it to the actual interview, it'll have to be towards the end, as I imagine he must get asked that question all the time, and it may annoy him. Luckily, the order of the questions is not up to me. :)

pikakid

jirachi killer
OH Toooo awesome
Hmmmmm
Will They ever incorporate all the regions into a single game
What is his favorite Pokemon.
How did he get involved with pokemon

Ryze

----
Very neat, Shuckle.

I highly doubt that this will be answered, might as well try though.

When does he expect the 5th games will start being made?

m190049

Local psychopath
Random Questions...

"Why has there been no Dark Gym?"
"Why was there only 2 Fire type lines in D/P before the Elite Four?"

I dunno. Can't think of anything better... Just random things that people complain about that I don't really have too much of a mind to...

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
This is neat. We recently had a decent insider interview with someone who worked on the Anime, so getting someone involved in the games will be nice.

How about a question of how Game Freak chooses which Pokemon to put in a Generation?

Rex Kamex

Very neat, Shuckle.

I highly doubt that this will be answered, might as well try though.

When does he expect the 5th games will start being made?

I'm going to take a wild guess and say that might have already started doing something on them. O_O

I remember someone working at Game Freak saying that they began working on the D/P games when FireRed and LeafGreen were... being sold or something. He said this on the day that the D/P games were released in America. These two workers had come to the Pokemon Center in NYC to celebrate.

Kim62

Hello
I have a question.
Where in Japan is Orre?
I don't know if he will know that, but I just want to know if it is in Japan, if so then where in Japan and if not then where in the world is it.

Last edited:

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
"Will we ever see Shadow Pokemon or Orre again?"
"Will there be Gold/Silver remakes?"

Leon

All I'd like to really know is "Are there any plans on including more pokemon in the Sinnoh Pokedex?", or
"Are there any Pokemons movesets that have been changed for Platinum?"

Atoyont

Brains for brawn
I like Korobooshi's question. Most reasonable, IMHO.

How do you come up with the Moves and Items that will be on the Battle Tower Pokémon?

RagTag

Shroomin'
How about,

Why was the Safari Zone taken out of Gold Silver and Crystal?

Why was Shellos taken out of Ruby and Sapphire?

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
RagTag, the Safari Zone was not in GSC because of fears of Glitch City returning (look on Bulbapedia if you are wondering what it is) and the Shellos line was not in RSE because there were glitches related to the recognition of the two forms as the same Pokemon.

I have one for him.

Will there be another game for the Wii involving the Orre Region and Shadow Pokemon again?

I want to know!!

Dattebayo

Banned
I want see if he can answer these questions:

Why does the number of legendary pokemon on each gen game have to increase to over 10?

Were there any scraped pokemon during the games' development? If so, will they be used for the 5th generation?

How come most of the pokemon are normal, water, and grass types? Shouldn't there be more fire, dark, and ghost type pokemon?

Jirachibow

#1 Munchlax Fan
Will the starters type always be Grass-Fire-Water?

How do they choose how many pokemon will be in the next game?

Will Castform get a sandstorm form? lol

Last edited:

Godzilla231

Cool Story, Bro.
This is cool. I'll give it a shot.
When the relase of D/P in Japan was out, why were there so many glitches? Did you had to hurry or what?

Rumors of the G/S/C remake were on and now it seems there aren't real. Why was the cause of it? Was it Platinum that replaced them or did you guys scapped the idea?

Why were there ghosts in the Old Chateau in the Eterna Forest? Was it in a memory of someone who passed away or was it to spook the players?

Since there were events to get the pokemon that needed to have an key item, what was the whole point of putting it in to get them in the wild?(4th Gen)

Did you guys have ever considerd creating a game were Ash and friends would ever be in it as main players or would it be too much?

After the orignal G/S/C series, how come the day and night idea wasn't on it, and also why did the FR/LG games didn't even had a clock to set with in the beginning?

Sorry for that many questions, I am a curious fan and had play all the gen RPG games and wanted to know why was it like that. This is going to be fun when I know the answers!:D