• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

War of the Gates: PG-15

TheVicious

Dragon of the Sun
Prologue​

Kichiku, the Kuma leader, bust down the doors and looked around the room. Sitting around the table were the Kyuuketsuki Clan leader, Abel Kyuuketsuki, and the Ryuu Clan leader, Tatsuo. And at the head of the table was Nobunaga himself staring down Kichiku with those disturbingly demonic eyes of his. Kichiku motioned to his bodyguards to follow him into the room. He walked to the side of the table opposite Nobunaga and sat down. When he sat, the floor shook due to his large stature. His fist rose into the air to signal to his bodyguards to stop and stand behind him. He placed his hands on his knees and stared right into Nobunaga's eyes.

“Whats with that look Nobunaga? You have a problem with me showing up here or something?” Kichiku looked at Abel and Tatsuo. “You have a problem or something you worthless maggot? What about you bat?” He believed that his act would make the other clan leaders fear him, but he was mistaken. Abel simply continued to drink his tea, while Tatsuo just ignored his words. This annoyed Kichiku and he growled and looked back at Nobunaga. When their eyes made contact, Kichiku froze underneath the demonic energy that came from Nobunaga simply glaring at him.

“That's enough Kichiku,” Nobunaga ordered. “Now then, shall we get started with our meeting. First, our plan of attack. Abel, your clan will go east and pay a visit to the Hebi Clan. Force them to join us, and if they refuse eliminate them and collect their demonic energy as compensation. Understood?”

“Yes Lord Nobunaga,” Abel replied. “I will send word immediately to my clan's strongest and tell them to start as soon as possible my Lord.”

Nobunaga nodded and sipped his tea once more, “Good. Now Tatsuo you will go and attack the Taka Clan. They are fierce and agile. Can you handle it?”

“Yes Nobunaga-sama. My clan will destroy the Taka Clan. They will not see us coming. They will be gone before we get there. And as proof, I will bring you the head of their leader.”

“Very good, but make sure they join us first. And whoever chooses not to join us, torture them and then, wipe then away,” Nobunaga ordered. The Clan Leaders could feel the power radiating from Nobunaga as he sat there. He opened his eyes and glared at Kichiku. “You and your clan will be attacking the Ookami Clan. Do not underestimate them. If you do, Tsume and his demons will eliminate your warriors. So, do not send anyone less than the best in your clan. Understood?”

“Yes Lord Nobunaga. The Ookami Clan will fall before the almighty Kuma Clan! You will not be disappointed Lord!” Kichiku stood up and motioned for his bodyguards to follow him. They grabbed their weapons and walked behind him.

“Good Kichiku. For if you do disappoint me again, your life and your power will be mine,” Nobunaga warned him in his cold, heartless voice. Kichiku simply smiled and continued walking. After he was gone, the other two Clan Leaders got up and bowed to Lord Nobunaga. Abel went to the window, jumped and spread his wings to fly. Tatsuo disappeared in a cloud of smoke. Nobunaga poured himself more tea and smiled. He looked out of the window to his right. “Soon, this world and everything thereof, will be mine,” he thought to himself.

Present Day

"Yes, this village will make a fine place to harvest demonic energy. The Ookami Clan, one of the strongest clans. Regardless, the power of the Kuma Clan will be superior, and we will destroy this village entirely," the large dark-skinned Kuma enthusiastically said to himself. He looked to his left and noticed a smaller Kuma coming towards him. The smaller Kuma stopped before him and bowed.

"Commander Fuetsu, the warriors are ready for our attack," the smaller Kuma by the name of Odo informed the commander. He stood up and brandished his claymore. "Are you ready Commander?"

The commander took out his dual great axes, raised them into the air and let out a bloodthirsty roar that filled the air like thunder. "WARRIORS OF THE KUMA CLAN! TODAY IS THE DAY THAT THE OOKAMI CLAN FALLS! LET THEM FEEL THE MIGHT OF THE ALMIGHTY KUMAAAAAA!!!!!!!"

Commander Fuetsu charged towards the Ookami village and the rest of his bloodthirsty soldiers followed after him.

*gasp* *gasp*
Kiba, bloody and bruised, was forced to one knee from exhaustion. He couldn't believe the power he was up against. "No matter what I do I can't seem to get past his defense. C'mon Kiba think!" He thought trying not to panic seeing his enemy approach.

"C'mon Kiba! You've got to do better than that! Don't tell me this is all you've got!" The enemy spoke for Kiba to hear as he searched. His slow movements and demonic energy was throwing Kiba off leaving him very defenseless.

"He's getting closer.....I've got to make a move." Kiba jumped from hiding with Tenro in hand ready to slash. "What?" The target was gone and Kiba attacked nothing but air. "But how?"

"Very sloppy Kiba, my son." Tsume appeared behind Kiba katana to his throat, “If I was an enemy I could have killed you by now.” He removed his blade from Kiba’s neck and sheathed it in a fancy manner. He grinned at his son and scratched his forhead as a reminder of his mistake. “Don’t let demonic energy frighten you. It is all a front, if you can get in a decisive blow anyone will fall. Remember those words but for now go get yourself cleaned up.” Tsume bowed and began to walk back towards throne room.

Kiba sheathed his sword as well and took in the advice his father gave him, “How could I choke once again against his demonic energy.” Kiba groaned and fell back looking up towards the sky. “Is his powers really that much greater than mine?” He laid in a puddle of shame when suddenly he was hit with a snowball. Not getting up he already knew who it was, “Yup Father got me again.”

Kento couldn’t help but laugh at Kiba and sat down next to him, “I told you many times that he has done the same thing to me countless times. You just need to not worry so much about his power. The only thing you need to think about is out smarting your opponent.”

Whipping the snow from his face Kiba looked at his brother, “You know you sound just like him. So I’m guessing your right if he said the exact same thing.”

It was silent between the two brothers. Nothing was said up until a loud howl was heard throughout the village. It was a sign of trespassers. Without a word the two brothers quickly got to their feet and rushed to their leader to get orders.

(OOC: so wanted to start slow and build up action. remember that not all characters need to be in the same place. for instance if you are a member of the yama clan you have no business at the ookami tribe.)

Hotshot

A yawn escaped Kouji's lips as he gazed up at the clouds. They drifted miles above the teenage Ookami's face, but he felt as if he could just reach out and touch them. In fact, it seemed as though one of them was drawing closer...and closer...and closer.

"Wait a second, that's not a cloud," Kouji muttered. "That's bird-"

Splat! "Poop."

Kouji sat up and shook an angry fist at the passing bird, who seemed unaware of the mess it had made. Kouji wiped his face on his sleeve and stood up, stretching. Suddenly, a loud howl was heard from the Ookami village, signaling that an intruder was upon them. Kouji yawned again and ran in the direction of the howl.

"It's probably those stupid kids crying 'wolf'...again. Heh, that was pretty funny...I'll have to remember that one..."

------------------------------------------------------

A single Yamazaru was perched in the branches of an enormous tree, the likes of which no one had ever seen before. His eyes were closed as he listened intently to his surroundings. He raised an eyebrow, then opened his eyes and gazed over the horizon.

"I sense a great evil brewing."

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
Akakabuto, had been at the meeting with Nobunaga, and his maw's malicious smile only grew as the meeting went on. It seemed his "leader," Kichiku didn't know his place well. But Akakabuto did, and that knowledge would give him all the power he would need to take this land to himself one day.

But for now, he'd work for Nobunaga, diligently. His smile grew as he sauntered into his home, Gajou, swiping at Kaibutsu to awake him from his lazy slumber.

The monstrous Ookami stood up immediately, all signs of fatigue gone. He stared up at his master, fear radiating through his eyes. "Wh-what is it, Akakabuto? Did the meeting go well?"

Akakabuto merely motioned for Kaibutsu to follow him to the top of his home. He walked out at the top of his mountain, Kaibutsu following timidly. The red-backed bear gestured to the group of Kuma gathering close-by to them. "See that? That is why this is good. Kichiku is going to fail in his orders, and his place as leader will be mine."

"How do you figure that?" Kaibutsu asked childishly. "What if you're found out."

"I won't be the one attacking them...Kaibutsu...."

What was once an Ookami shivered, at the thought. Him versus an army of Kuma bears, his master included. What would he do? Not to mention, the Ookami would see him... and reject him no doubt.

"I can't--"

"You will!" Akakabuto growled, biting painfully close to Kaibutsu's face as a warning. Kaibutsu flinched, even if his skin was near impossible to penetrate. "Or my dream will never be real, and you will always be an outcast!"

Kaibutsu, nodded, whining like a pup. He would do it, he had to. For his and his master's sake.

***​

Skyler watched her brother and father practice, snarling at every twist and turn they made. Grudgingly, she bit down into her leftover bone until she heard a satisfying crack.

"Oh, get over it already," a voice said from behind her. Sky's eyes widened in fury, and she leapt up, swinging the bone around and hitting the other Ookami's face.

"Shut up you wretch. Don't speak to me in that manner. You're at the bottom of this pack, and I outrank you."

The other wolfess, Brooke, took the hit on her right cheek, close to her blind eye. A spot of blood trailed down her face, yet her expression didn't change. As the lowest ranking in the pack, she was used to such treatment, but usually, her wounds from Skyler were not from rage, but from practice fights.

"Except for the leader and his kin. You aren't even related to them. That's just the way things work."

Sky's pupils became small. She wanted to scream the truth out, and reclaim her position to where she once was: where Kiba was now. Her lip curled up into a menacing snarl, but she stopped short when she heard Kento pick up a snowball and throw it at Kiba. A smirk crossed her face, satisfied for the moment. She lay back down, crossing going back to gnawing on her bone, refusing to acknowledge Brooke. At least she could be close to one in her family.

Brooke let out a huff of annoyance, and padded over towards Kiba and Kento, hoping she could try to befriend them once again, and then, in the longrun, clear her name of its sins.

Unfortunately, she only could take three steps before a howl sounded.

Sky got up quickly, her bone forgotten, and raced towards their leader. She appeared before Tsume, bowing her head in recognition, and sat beside her half-brother, Kento. She exchanged a glance with him, an unspoken message passing between the two.

This time, maybe father will choose me, she thought, wondering if Kento understood what she was thinking.

Brooke walked up last, hanging towards the back. She'd probably be in charge of protecting the den or something. No one cared about her, given she was still a sinner to most of them. Someone that used to kill her own kind mercilessly.

"What do we do, leader?" Skyler asked, emphasizing the last word. She wanted to say father, she truly did, but at the same time, she had to respect his wishes. He didn't want her to say a word about her relation to him or Kiba. The only ones that knew where herself, Kento, and her own father.

A dark flame burned at Sky's stomach. It was a familiar feeling: rage. She could feel the demon inside her feast on it, itching for a fight.

She would do well in the battle today.

***​

Akakabuto walked out of his hiding spot, in front of Commander Fuetsu and his followers. He let out a roar, as a greeting and as a sign of his authority. He then stood up, his shoulders coming to rest at almost eleven feet. His blood-red back seemed to glow as it caught in the pale winter sun. The Commander came to a stop.

"What is this?" Akakabuto asked, looking down on the other bear. "Charging straight in with a roar? You underestimate the Ookami, Fuetsu. You are going to fail. They already know you are on your way."

"Who are you," the commander asked, standing up to challenge Akakabuto, but even then could not come close to matching the monster's height.

"Sir, that is the The Red-Helmet. He has his own sub-clan by the Ookami territory. He's second in command of the Kuma!" a voice whispered beside him. Fuetsu's eyes widened in shock, and he came down to his four, but his eyes stayed narrowed.

"What would you suggest we do then? Red Helmet?"

Akakabuto smiled, and walked beside the commander, expressing his plan.

This way I'll look good, and Kaibutsu will be ready...

((OOC: Yay, its started!))

Hotshot

Kouji skidded to a stop in front of Tsume, the clan leader. He stood as straight and tall as possible, wearing a mischievous grin that revealed his sharp canine teeth. Clearing his throat and attempting to appear heroic, Kouji said, "I heard the distress howl from the hills where I was...er...scouting out the area...and I came immediately! Who're we up against, and why are they stupid enough to take on..."

Before he continued, Kouji unsheathed his blade and held it high in the air triumphantly. "The Magnificent Kouji Ookami!"

At that moment, his belt, which he had forgotten to tie securely, came loose, and his pants fell to his ankles.

"Gahhh!"

-----------------------------------------

Kurainaga, famed assassin of the Ryuu clan, plunged one of his swords into the ground. He was seated atop the corpse of a lost Kuma cub, the body of which was covered in slashes, and its arms had been...removed from their original places. The rays of the noon sun glinted off of the blood on his sword blade.

"Humph. That didn't satisfy me..." he murmured. "I need something more...challenging..."

Naga hopped to his feet, yanked his sword out of the earth, and continued on his journey. "I should be nearing the border of Ookami territory...and that means that my mission will soon be complete...I just have to remove a certain...'fang'..."

Last edited:
“Lord Tsume we have gotten word from scouts that it is the Kuma Clan. We don’t know what they are after but we will force them out.” A lone wolf came reporting to Tsume.

“Don’t make a move yet. Wait for General Kento make his appearance before you strike. But make sure you have everything set up and ready.” Tsume waved his hand for dismissal. “Go!”

Tsume awaited in his quarters for his men to arrive. To his surprise Sky was with her brothers along with the new girl Brooke. “Ahh, my four favorite Ookami have made it to me first.” He addressed each one of them with a bow. “So General Kento do you think you can take this one?’ He asked his oldest son knowing he could handle almost anything.

Before Kento could answer he looked over at Sky who gave him a certain look that he was use to seeing. It meant she wanted to prove herself to Tsume, “As you can Kiba is in no mood to fight right now seeing as you two have a sparing match earlier, I think you should allow Sky to take part in this battle. I’ve done battle with her many times and not once did she disappoint me. That is why I believe she will be perfect for this.”

Tsume looked at the two closely, “So this is what you believe Kento? You and Sky take the lead in this pushback…….? If this is what you believe I will go with is this time. You two quickly gather up a few soldiers and get into position.”

Kiba simply smiled showing his fangs at the two. He knew he was in no condition for a fight already and accepted his Father’s wishes. “I might not be at full strength but Kento remember to howl if needed.” He patted his brother on the shoulder as he passed by him, “Sky have fun out there.” He said in a friendly tone placing his hand over her head playfully messing her hair up.

Kento was confused at this but knew Kiba was mature enough to understand, “Alright ready Sky….” He paused and noticed her hair, “Ya’know that’s a good look for you. But enough talk we should hurry to make our move. Brooke don’t just stand there your coming with me.”

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
Sky nearly leapt into the air when Tsume ended up choosing her, though a voice in the back of her mind told her it was only because Kento helped. She gave a dip of her head to Tsume, and then was surprised to feel someone ruffling up the hair on her head.

"I wouldn't call fighting fun pup," Sky retorted, shrugging off Kiba's hand. "It's life or death out there, always. Perhaps living with humans for half your life has made you blind to that."

Skyler looked at him harshly, and then turned to Kento, scowling slightly at his comment about her messed up hair. After muttering some kind of profanity under her breath, she quickly made some rounds of the Ookami.

"I think we should leave at least one capable fighter here. Brooke should stay behind on second thought...." Sky trailed off, discussing the plan with Kento.

Her eyes drifted to Kouji, holding up his sword, "He's young and inexperienced, but he wants to go out there. I think we can bring him. It'd be good experience too. As long as someone of at least a 'B' rank sticks with him, he should be fine." But then when Kouji's pants fell, Sky sweatdropped. "Okay, scratch that, I think one of us should watch him if he comes...."

Brooke muttered something nasty about Sky to herself, and padded toward Kiba, sitting down beside him. She didn't say anything, but started at Kento and Skyler, wondering when it would be her time to shine, if ever.

"They'll never forgive me, will they?" she asked to no one in particular, even though she was right beside Kiba. "Am I doomed to live the life of a sinner?"

***​

Kaibutsu stood in the cover of some trees, looking out toward the Kuma. The Ookami had not come out to confront them yet, and he did not want to have to take on demon bears alone. Then again, he didn't exactly want the Ookami to know of his existence either.

Finally, a group of bears arrived. Kaibutsu started, surprised. There were much less of them than he had seen from the top of Gajou, and Akakabuto was nowhere in sight.

"That means," Kaibutsu said to himself. His eyes widened in revelation: Akakabuto was going to attack from the underground tunnels he built along with Gajou.

"He's crazy, but he's a genius," he muttered to himself.

Finally, a howl errupted over the hills. It seems the Ookami were ready to confront the Kuma....

***​

Akakabuto slowly lead a platoon of Kuma under the ground, using his abilities to keep the tunnels steady as they slowly made their way closer to the heart of the Ookami clan territory. There, they would find all the bigshots, and there, Akakabuto's name would rise. If he was successful, he would gain Kichiku's place, but either way, the Kuma clan leader would suffer. With Kaibutsu apprehending the rest of the bears, no one would know his real plan.

Last edited:

Zeke Hirotaki

~Bolting~
The sunlight made its way over the mountains as Zeke awoke from his sleep. He shrugged his shoulders working out the stiffness before opening the door to his hut to see an unpleasant face.

"What do you want Gestalt," Zeke watched as he invited himself into his home.

"How long do you plan on staying in bed." Gestalt took a seat on the floor cushion as he relaxed himself. " You should be more attentive for such a respected ninja. Word can get around and people can lose respect. Hah Hah."
Gestalt erupted with laughter at a joke only he can find humorous.

Zeke sighed as he closed the door and began to prepare saki. "I don't need your advice Gestalt." Gestalt's laughter halted as he stared down Zeke with anger.

Zeke poured himself a cup of saki as Gestalt held out a cup of his own. Zeke placed the kettle down ignoring the gesture. Gestalt's anger peaked as Zeke spoke," Again what do you want."

"Word has came from Master Tatsuo, that we began our attack on the Taka clan if an alliance can't be made." Zeke sighed as he got his equipment readied, and headed for the door.

"You can show yourself out Gestalt." Zeke walked outside but Gestalt grabbed his arm forcefully." Actually your with me, Hah Hah!" Zeke quickly secured the details of the mission from Gestalt's pocket. "What the hell." He reached in his pockets finding nothing.

Zeke scanned over the contents of the letter containing details of the mission. He let out a large sigh," Dammit."

"Whats wrong, don't tell me your not up for a little hard work. Hah Hah! Ugh!" Zeke quickly punched Gestalt in the mouth." Please, I cannot go an entire mission listening to that idiotic scowling you call a laugh."

Gestalt wheeled back in pain as he wrapped his hands around his mouth. Zeke walked away slowly reading more info, as Gestalt rolled back and forth along the ground.

Zeke turned back," Make sure to return the kettle before leaving, u can have as much saki as you want. Oh and make sure to catch up, Hah Hah!"

"Zeke mimicked Gestalt's laugh as he quickly disappeared into the horizon of the sunrise!"

angrycaterpie

Gaze upon the slayer
((OOC: I *twitch* had an entire *twitch* outline out for *twitch* this thing... AND WINDOWS VISTA GOES AND FREAKING WASTES IT. I'm starting with two for now. ))

JUDGEMENT

A zombie like figure appeared in a haze of smoke and fire, looking upon the snowy field.

"The Kuma are fools for employing such idiotic generals. This will be a mere hitch in my plans. Idiots like them only serve to drag down the world..."

Judgement casts a Blink spell upon him, and teleports to the middle of the oncoming battle. He stabs his staff into the ground, as a trio of armored Kuma with axes rush for him, roaring "FOR THE KUMA!!!"

Judgement spins around and thrusts he sharp part of his staff into the lead Kuma's face, in between his eyes, as the wily necromancer swerves to avoid the second Kuma, and ducks under the third's dive.

They turn back to look at him and just grins, waving goodbye before firing off a large fireball, consuming the two in a blaze of very much pain.

The sorcerer could feel an intense shift in the ground beneath him and wondered...

"Is it possible? This is a sign- further chaos stemming from this event in mind will get me even more power!"

Judgement cast another Blink spell as he teleported into the underground, in front of some slightly startled Kuma, not expecting a nearly dead mage down here.

"Oh dear, this isn't where I parked my Cerberus!"

An annoyed Kuma rushes in front of the group, swinging an iron warhammer down on Judgement's position. The fiend simply sidestepped and placed his nails onto the bear's back, scratching it, as a deadly-looking mist flows from the wound, and the bear drops to the ground, in a seizure.

"By the way, I'm Judgement."

Judgement looks to the group, ready to rip him limb from limb, until he notices the probable leader of the squad (Akakabuto) and realizes- THIS was another vital tool for Judgement's plan.

"Now, before I may go all unsacred on your furry rears, I must ask your leader to spare me, for no other reason than a common interest. We both want this fool Kichi dead. For different reasons, yes, but dead nonetheless."

Judgement walked until he was in front of the bear, revealing Judgement's horrifying face to the leader, as the walking corpse says, "This strategy of yours is extremely clever. However, shouldn't you save it for a more important battle? Like the one you will have with the Ookami Leader's son, Kiba? Now, I assume you're confused, and as I know with most Kuma, confusion should often be solved with violence."

"BUT- If you let me help you out, you'll be much closer to your goal. The comrade commander is an idiot, he'll die and fail- and YOU will be an accomplice to that failure. However, I am a smart man, and have planted a tracker on the the Ookami Leader's son, Kiba. As of now, she is under your command. You will inform the King of this new "mole" and he will raise your position. However, you will have problems with your men. He assumes you are fighting directly with the Ookami, unless I am incorrect. So, with ALL your men alive, will he not be suspicious of cowardice or worse- treason?"

Judgement backs up and taps his staff on the ground, casting a Blink Portal beneath him, before he remarks, "Choose your strongest fighters. You cannot afford to have any possible weaknesses. Don't worry about me nor my mole- once she has found the position of the prince, she will come to you as 'Strider'. As for me... I will know where you are."

All that remained was smoke and cinder...

----------

LEIANA

"Ugh... boredboredboredboredBOOOOORED. How am I going to get into that damn place sneakily if there's guards out there 24/7?!?"

Leiana, the newly hired mole from an "unknown" payer, stayed hidden amongst the trees, spying on the Ookami Village, waiting for Kiba Ookami to come out of his dainty little palace.

"If I known it'd take this long, I would've brought an abacus. Wait... who's that moron?"

Leiana used her demon vision to detect somebody through the wind and trees- an Ookami scout (Kouji) was heading back to the village- thus leading Leiana towards where Kiba was hiding.

"Ah, much simpler. A shame this moron is inadvertantly assisting in his own prince's downfall."

Leiana skips along the trees as she witnesses the scout enter a highly protected building.

"That must be where princey is hiding. I'll try and get a little closer if I can..."

That's when she heard war howls.

"OOOOOOOOR maybe later."

Hotshot

Kouji had finally succeeded in retying his belt, when the other Ookami started to move out. He bounced happily up beside an Ookami soldier, whispering, "Heh, we haven't seen much action lately...I can't wait to sink my claws into a bunch of stupid bears!"

The Ookami scowled and continued running. "Sheesh," Kouji muttered. "What's his problem?..."

Kouji, being one of the lightest male Ookami, dashed ahead of the group of soldiers. He soon reached what would soon be their battlefield. A horde of Kuma charged down the mountainsides. Kouji squinted, and saw another figure among them...

"IT'S THE DEAD GUY?!!!"

Kouji stood and waited for his fellow Ookami to reach him...hoping they would get to him before the Kuma did. He was pretty dumb, but not that dumb.

"Ha! I could do better than that with my eyes closed and my legs tied together!" yelled Proby raucously. Like always, there was Proby Meyas, in the middle of a pub, a polace wheremany fights start, starting up a fight. he hated Mc Colloghan anyway. He was only 13, but that didn't stop him from striding in as if he owned the place, which he didn't. He was allowed in pubs as a little waiter. Mc Colloghan, the pub runner, had gruffly accepted a one night job, as he was busy and needed an extra hand. Proby had just told Mc Colloghan that he could cook better food than him. Not a good idea. Mc Colloghan was a very proud man. he didn't like being insulted. So he got a large bread knife and ran headlong for Proby, the jerk.
Heiki Lochalle was not starting a fight, rather trying to avoid one as she stared into the cold and menacing eyes of Junas, a peppy young Ookami boy who'd just wanted a little mating, as males did. Heiki was only 17, and didn't want any babies, animal or not. She was desperately trying to run away from the situation but Junas had just turned bad. He was, she knew, preparwed to assault her. She got ready her Blade fingers silently within her hands. Then he charged, teeth bared and claws extended, now a wolf. She herself was up to a little bit of animal for a while and changed into her cheetah form. She ran as fast as she could, which for a cheetah was very fast. She took a little liberty in using her electic powers a bit as she sent out shockwaves that would hopefully make Junas go back were he had come from.
Aurakio wasn't in a battle, although he didn't know whether or not he wanted a fight. He never knew what side to take in any battle. Aurakio's personality was just like that. Never choosing a side, only choosing his own side, the side that defended him. He was to others really selfish, but Aurakio was just peaceful, cool and calm. He didn't really care about the world. He just protected himself. And that was all he ever needed to do.
"Well, Mr. Johnson, you certainly left he happy. Thank you for the meal!" hwe exclaimed, calmly leaving the building. It was only after Aurakio's weird hypnotisizm later that he remembered that the boy hadn't paid for the dinner.
Proby walked out of the little building that was ablaze. He just reminded himself that it had been the cook who had attacked HIM, not the other way around. Was he to blame for defending himself? OK, admitedly, being able to use fire and aura abilities WAS unnatural for a fully human, but as far as other humans were concerned he was at least half demon. He apologized quietly for bruning down the pub, and just walked on. Well, that was a nice and good day, he thought as he enterewd his small retreat. A lot of fights. Might rest a little tomorrow. Then again, might not. But then his thoughts stopped dead. For a gun had just poked its way through the whole, along with an evil looking face, and the gun was pointed at his head.

Zeke Hirotaki

~Bolting~
Zeke made his way through the mountains as he headed east for the Taka clan. He could start to see the land lose its mountainous terrain, as it formed a more jungle like appearance with towering trees the more he moved east.

"FOUND YOU!" Gestalt crashed into the jungle trail in front of Zeke face first.
He quickly brushed himself off as he approached Zeke." We're not suppose to advance on the Taka clan, without suffcient force."

"I don't need an army Gestalt, I'm not here to fight these people." Zeke continued to march forward as Gestalt followed. " I'm here to convince them into an alliance." Gestalt erupted with laughter.

"You know such prideful creatures won't join with us.....we need to force them into submission." Zeke continued to walk with a look of annoyance on his face. Zeke then came to a halt, and let out a sigh.

He turned and looked at Gestalt," Isn't it strange that Tatsuo now takes orders from Nobunaga. Look at the details of the mission, we're to subdue and torture them into joining or elminate them. We've always been a neutral group taking jobs for money, but not assaulting people for allegiance to someone who isn't even our lord."

Gestalt put his hand on Zeke's head," Tatsuo is with Nobunaga, out of respect for his friend Hanzo. Indeed, attacking innocents has been out of his nature, but we do what were told to do....Understand."

Zeke continued to move forward as Gestalt stepped in front of im," I told you Zeke, we wait for sufficent force in this task." Zeke pushed Gestalt out of the way." If friendship is the burden on these people then Tatsuo is more of a changed man than I thought....my mission stands with non-forceful actions."

Gestalt sighed," Tatsuo will have your back for this, or maybe your head, Hah Hah!" Zeke once again placed his face into his hand.

(OOC: Why is Judgement even in this fight it has nothing to do with him. This is a warning keep tp the general plot at the start that Vicious gave. And for Leiana to sneak around a whole clan of wolves without getting caught? )

"I wouldn't call fighting fun pup," Sky retorted, shrugging off Kiba's hand. "It's life or death out there, always. Perhaps living with humans for half your life has made you blind to that."

“Life or death,” Kiba laughed at her comment, “I watched my mother die right before me by Kyuuketsuki when I was a young boy. I don’t need you to tell me about life or death. I got a permanent lesson years ago.” Hearing other speak so little on humans has always got to Kiba, “I don’t see why Lord Tsume keeps a worthless wolf like you so close.” Kiba huffed before storming out to calm himself down.

“Sky you know that wasn’t necessary. You are as much human as he is.” Tsume spoke before she could say anything, “If you weren’t so worried about pride you would have noticed that Kiba wanted you to go on this mission. That is the reason he didn’t speak out.” He sighed at his own fighting amongst each other. He can only hope that they can get along with one another.

“I’ll leave you to Kouji seeing as how I already have a squad.” Kento howled and a group of experienced Ookami warriors appeared behind him. Kento was a very respected General in the Clan and had his own Attack Force, “It’s a pushback. You men know what to do.” He nodded along with the others and rushed towards the battle spot.

------------------

"They'll never forgive me, will they?" she asked to no one in particular, even though she was right beside Kiba. "Am I doomed to live the life of a sinner?"

Kiba was really all that great at cheering people up but he was gonna try and help her out, “Brooke, right? I know we never really talked before but I think we should.” He gave her a friendly smile and held his wound which started to give him problems.

“My father is a very forgiving man. Just give it time by showing you can be trusted. Start small by helping out someone close to him. Like a General or something.” He winced from his wound, “I’m pretty sure I can help you out.”

Hotshot

A big hulk of a Kuma stepped up to face Kouji. The bear demon gripped a humongous axe in both hands, threatening to slice his opponent in two. Kouji greeted his challenger by saying:

"Hi there, I'm Kouji Ookami, and I'm going to be the greatest warrior of all time!" Kouji exclaimed, unsheathing his sword. "Remember it!"

With that, Kouji plunged his sword into the belly of his opponent, who staggered back. Kouji pulled his sword back out and grimaced at the sight of bear blood. Ewww...

The Kuma took another step back, dropped his axe, and grinned evilly.

"What are you smiling about, ugly-butt?!" Kouji growled.

The hulking Kuma transformed into his full-bear form, growing to a height of nearly ten feet. Kouji stared timidly up at him. "That didn't go as well as I had hoped..."

The Kuma took a ferocious swipe at Kouji, who ducked and weaved his way through the bear demon's legs. Kouji jumped onto his back, sword in hand, and stabbed the Kuma in the shoulder. The Kuma grunted, and twisted around, trying to shake Kouji off. Kouji responded by gripping the bear's fur and slashing his blade across the Kuma's upper back. The Kuma roared in fury, and struggled to grab Kouji, but the young Ookami was too fast. Kouji raised his sword in the air and plunged it deep into the Kuma's head. The bear demon slammed to the ground, dead.

Kouji stepped victoriously off of his opponent, and prepared to face the next one, hoping that his comrades would arrive soon...

-----------------------------------------------------------

As Naga stealthily approached the Ookami territory, a messenger hawk flew overhead. It turned and flew toward him, landing on his shoulder. In its talons it gripped a scroll. Naga took the scroll, read it, and scowled.

"Tch. Looks like you're safe for now, Kiba Ookami..."

Naga rolled the scroll back up and handed it back to the hawk. The hawk leaped into the sky and flew back in the direction it had come from. Naga twisted around, and dashed back the way he had come.

"Uncle needs me to help with the Yama clan attack...ugh..."

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
“Sky you know that wasn’t necessary. You are as much human as he is.” Tsume spoke before she could say anything, “If you weren’t so worried about pride you would have noticed that Kiba wanted you to go on this mission. That is the reason he didn’t speak out.”

Skyler merely glared in her father's direction as he walked away. "It's not pride I'm after, father," she muttered. Kento spoke, telling her she was in charge of Kouji. She sighed, and nodded, looking up at him. "Do you think father will ever see me for me? Kiba should feel lucky to have had the love of both his mother and father."

With that she turned without waiting for Kento to respond. The demon inside her boiled, and a voice entered her mind. If you killed Tsume, you'd be the leader by default.

Sky snarled back at the voice in her mind. Things didn't work like that, and she didn't want the responsibility of being a leader. The voice growled, and was suppressed in the back of her mind as she approached Kouji. "Hey, pup. You're coming to the battle. Get ready, you're going to be my partner."

She stared at Kiba and Brooke, talking together. In her mind, she still hated Kiba, but her conscious told her to apologize. She let out a bark, "Kiba, I'm sorry!" she made eye contact with him, an unspoken emotion passing through them for a second, but then turned her attention to the wolf beside him. No, she would not admit she had any sort of respect for her brother, not even to herself.

"Brooke!" she shouted, her voice completely changed to that of authority. The other wolfess looked up at her. Sky stared at her for a very long time, looking at her one blind eye and scowling. "Don't do anything stupid."

Brooke sighed. "See, that's exactly what I mean by no one will trust me. Even someone like Sky. She's not even a bigshot in the pack and she won't lay eyes on me unless its in a practice fight or to glare at me for no particular reason."

“My father is a very forgiving man. Just give it time by showing you can be trusted. Start small by helping out someone close to him. Like a General or something,” Kiba told her. Brooke sighed, hoping that was true. Still, at the same time, Tsume was the one to make her half blind. The blood on her cheek from earlier finally dripped off her black fur, hitting the snow below. Her sightless eye winced a bit, but it made no difference. She would always see half the world in darkness.

“I’m pretty sure I can help you out,” Kiba said, breaking Brooke's thoughts. It seemed his wounds were bothering him quite a bit. Brooke smiled so very slightly that it was hard to tell she smiled at all.

"Not before you get some help. That wound looks nasty. Here, I know a trick to stop bleeding and pain, though it might render your hand and arm useless for awhile."

Brooke closed her sight seeing eye and took a breath. She conjured up some ice, like any normal Ookami would do, but it was a nightmarish black color, like her fur. The ice encased Kiba's wound, bringing a cold sensation to it. Immediately, the wound started to shrink, and the skin on his arm became numb from the sheer coldness. It would take awhile for it to heal completely, but that should have helped.

Brooke opened her eye and laughed nervously, hoping he wouldn't comment on the black ice.

Suddenly, her ears pricked up. The battle had apparently started.

***​

"Kouji!" Skyler yelled. "You must wait for us! Don't charge ahead like that!"

She appeared, only to see a dead Kuma beneath Kouji's feat. She stared for a moment, "You did that yourself? Good job. Next time though, wait for someone to back you up. These things are much too huge for you to take on alone."

She ruffled Kouji's hair like Kiba did to her, and then walked back towards the fight. She unsheathed her sword, the dark blade catching the pale sunlight.

"Ookami, get ready!" she called, her platoon appearing behind her. Kento took a different route, where hopefully, he would bring out the element of surprise.

Sky howled, and charged forward, slicing the feet of one bear, and then moving onto the next. She'd be the frontal attack, and her comrades would finish them. The demon inside her squealed in delight at the blood being absorbed through the sword. His power seemed to emit through Skyler in a red glow. She was on fire.

Her eyes landed on the commander, "He's mine."

And suddenly, a roar sounded. It was a horrible shriek that sounded almost like a howl, but powerful enough to rumble the ground. Everyone froze at the booming voice that followed, "Get away from my kin!"

A huge, almost lion-like monster leapt out of the trees. Kaibutsu appeared, his cowardice finally gone. His eyes swept over the Kuma, and then the Ookami, as if he couldn't decide who to attack.

"I must... kill... for... my master!"

He charged at the Kuma, literally ripping the head off one of them with his huge jaws alone. Skyler stared in astonishment, "Ookami, stand down." Whatever this thing was, she was glad it was helping them... for now; she wasn't sure if it was some kind of ally or just a bloodthirsty beast, but just in case, she'd have to keep her troops back.

It was then she realized that Kento didn't know of the monster, "Sh*t!" she cried. She stared around at her troops, her eyes landing on the smallest of the bunch. "Kouji, I have a job for you. Go find Kento. Tell him a monster is on our territory and not to rush into battle. It's vital that you make it. The rest of us will stay unless this thing turns around and attacks home, got it?" she said, her voice clear and full of authority.

"Wow, she sounds almost like Tsume when she takes charge," someone whispered. Sky snarled, warning the Ookami to stay quiet.

"Don't talk about me like that. Just focus on what you're doing!"

***​

Brooke stood up at the sound of the roaring. For a moment, she thought her blind eye saw a monster, no, it was an Ookami, attacking everything.

"Something is wrong," she muttered, but before she could elaborate, a rumbling could be felt beneath her feet. Another roar, this time much clearer than the one she heard before, sounded beneath the ground.

Brooke stared at Kiba, and then dashed towards him, tackling him to the floor. Moments later, a large redback bear burst out of the ground, other Kuma following.

"Kuma!" he shouted. "By the honor of Nobunaga, destroy the Ookami. Leave no trace!"

Brooke stood up from Kiba, snarling at the demons. Kiba was in no condition to fight, as Kento put it, and she was one of the only strong fighters left in the camp.

"Crap."

Hotshot

Kouji nodded. He sheathed his sword. "Heh, only I'm fast enough for this one!"

Kouji dashed away, just barely avoiding the blows of a couple of Kuma. He returned the missed attacks with a savage swipe at the Kumas' legs, sending them both toppling over.

"Ha! I'd like to see you try that again!" Kouji shouted, as he sped away. He was soon out of sight. A few minutes later, he reached his destination. A cloud of dust and snow followed him as he slid to a stop. He halted right at Kento's feet.

"GENERAL KENTO!!!!" he shouted, not realizing that the general was right in front of him. "Oh, sorry. Uh, Miss Sky-something told me to tell you that there's a big monsteri, or something...and that you shouldn't rush to the battlefield...I think."

Kouji turned and posed triumphantly. "Mission accomplished!"

With his mission now finished, Kouji started to run back towards the battlefield, when an Ookami soldier grabbed his arm. Kouji plopped on the snowy ground. "What the heck was that for?!"

"What do you mean 'monster'?"

"I mean, big, ugly, freaky, buff 'monster'! Duh!" Kouji replied. Then, turning to General Kento, he said, "Alright, I'm taking my leave! See ya!"

Kouji sprinted back to the battlefield, where his fellow Ookami continued to fight the Kuma. "Man, I'm gonna miss half the fight!"

Last edited:

angrycaterpie

Gaze upon the slayer
((OOC: Judgement is serving out his own needs. He's trying to manipulate Akakabuto into killing Kichiku so Judgement can absorb the bear king. And Leiana is hiding in the trees outside the village from a high vantage point- snow and redwood trees do that. And right now, Leiana is just hiding out, watching the battle from afar, and Judgement is M.I.A. So, let's check up on our two OTHER favorites, hmm???)

------------------------

HUALIN

"It just never ends- the screaming, the bloodshed, it just won't stop."

"At ease, Madame. Soon, the informant will come and this entire situation will be bettered. Hualin frowned and heaved up her lance, as she looked around the city- degrading before her eyes, which made her sad.

The signal for the gate sounded- a deep horn, as Hualin and her troops rushed to the front gate, hoping it would be the informant from the Hebi. Or at least someone who has seen them.

What came instead was a horse without a rider- well, technically, his LOWER half was there. What was above his waist was clearly torn off, as the disgusting sight fell off its mount, the soldiers unmoved by it.

Hualin knew what this meant- Hebi was being watched and brutalized. The message that this poor soul sent was enough.

Hualin turned to her troops, still mounted on her steed, and pronounced, "EVERYONE! The Hebi Tribe is under siege by some unknown opponent- no beast could kill somebody from such a skilled tribe-"

"Work of the Ryuu, your highness?!?" Hualin shook her head and replied, "No. Ryuu don't leave anything behind. This is something more primal..."

Hualin then turned to the dead marshes outside the city and pointed her lance out into the forest.

"WE MARCH! To the Hebi!" The princess rode off, along with her personal guard.

Whatever this attack was, it meant war.

----------

MALAR

"Sir... attacks have been increasing around the area. Nobody knows who is doing it. We suspect a lethal stealth force. Umm... sir???"

Malar was meditated, facing a wall- he was sent by Hualin to keep peace within the tribes of the continent. It wasn't a fun job, but it had to be done. He got up and pulled out his katana, as it shone even in the dark hut of wood and straw.

"If they are as close as documented- the foe is either sure of themselves of stupid. The closest possible rival tribe we have is the Southern Mountain leaders- the Ryuu."

"T-The Ryuu? But, we don't even have any previous documentation of Ryuu attacks. What makes you think-"

"Because nobody knows who is doing it. The Ryuu are masters at stealth and destruction, as represented by their leader. Maybe it is only me... but I know the Ryuu better than anyone. We will go out in a small force and take Ryuu Encampments by force, no matter how populated."

"Of course, sir. I shall note the mayor of your-"

"No! This must not involve anyone else, as they may be killed as an accomplice. No, I will take the Neo Chameleons brought with me."

"But sir, they are only newbies starting out. Surely, you jest!"

"The best practice is a real battle. Or in this case, an assassination wave. We go at night... and Ryuu blood will be spilled. And if they attack again... we will give them reason to keep peace."

Malar walked out of his hut onto a wooden walkway, as Malar leaps from it and lands on some rocky ground, stones digging into his hands.

Number one code of the Chameleons- no pain, no fear, no surrender.

Malar made a series of bird calls as many more similarly suited ninjas leap from above, as one says, "So, it is time again to spill blood?"

"Hmm. I've been waiting forever, Master! Who is our unlucky foe?"

"Ryuu Encampment. We strike at night, while they rest. We will kill them all."

Last edited:

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
((OOC: AC, I ignored judgement cuz Kiba dissagreed with you and he is the mod/creator of the RPG. I don't mind Judgement and Akakabuto becoming a team, but wait awhile. It seems really rushed.))

TheVicious

Dragon of the Sun
((OOC: I have to agree with Kiba. And remember, Kichiku is a S rank. Which means unless your person is a S rank (which they shouldn't be) they cannot defeat him. So don't get power hungry or overpower your characters.))

Mugendai awoke with the sun and stared out of the window at the trees that surrounded his cottage. He put on his traditional haori and grabbed his daisho pair and headed for the door. As soon as he stepped outside, he felt the grass under his feet and admired the beauty in the silence of nature. He smiled then looked to the sky, closed his eyes and smelled the clean air. The atmosphere surrounding the Yamazaru Clan was always much cleaner than anywhere else Mugendai has ever been. He proceeded on his way down the path leading from his cottage.

"HEY! MUGEN-SAMA!" a young girl yelled. Mugendai turned around and saw that it was Lily, the young girl he had taken in a few years ago. Over the years she had become a great friend to him, probably because she reminded him of his sister from his childhood. He waved his hand back at her.

"Aren't you going to eat before you leave?" she asked him.

"Of course not, I'll catch something on the way. So you can just go back to sleep," he suggested to her, but she shook her head and ran back into the cottage. A few seconds later, she returned with her hakama on and her swords in her hand. She caught up to him and tossed her swords at him.

"You should know by now that there is no way you are going on a trip without me Mugen," she scolded him. He smiled and placed his right hand on his face and sighed. Mugen gave Lily's swords back to her and she slid them into her sash. She walked in front of him. "So where are we headed for Mugen?"

"Why are you walking in front of me if you don't know where we are going Lily?" he asked jokingly. She stared at him and mockingly laughed at his question. "Anyway, we are headed south of here to the Hebi Clan. The Yamazaru and the Hebi have not been on good terms for a while now, so I told the Yamazaru Council that I would go to the Hebi Clan asking for help against Nobunaga. They aren't the strongest clan, but we will need all the help we can get against Nobunaga. Hopefully, the meeting will go smoothly."

"Okay, well how long will this trip take?" Lily asked.

"Well, if we keep with this pace, we can make it by sundown tomorrow, but we won't be able to sleep until midnight tonight and will have to wake up at sunrise to do so," Mugen informed her.

"So we won't have any trouble when we get there right? Because I really do not feel like fighting anyone," she said.

Mugendai laughed," Ha. Don't worry I am sure the Hebi are peaceful and will give us no trouble at all. I bet the leader is tired of feuding with the Yamazaru as well."

Kiba watched to see just what Brooke was going to do to him. Brooke closed her sight seeing eye and took a breath. She conjured up some ice, like any normal Ookami would do, but it was a nightmarish black color, like her fur. The ice encased Kiba's wound, bringing a cold sensation to it. Immediately, the wound started to shrink, and the skin on his arm became numb from the sheer coldness. It would take awhile for it to heal completely, but that should have helped. He was completely amazed at her technique, “I never knew you could do something this amazing. Pretty neat though I will miss my sword hand for a while. Much appreciated and I owe you for this.” He bowed to her and ran off towards Sky.

---------------

"Ookami, get ready!" Sky called, her platoon including Kiba appearing behind her. Sky howled, and charged forward, slicing the feet of one bear, and then moving onto the next.

“Hehe, this is something I like about you Sky,” Kiba said to himself as he rushed behind her, “Battle smart!” He yelled jumping over her head landing on one bear digging his claws into it’s throat. Not being able to use his blade was a complete handicap for the enemy. Without noticing he ended up back to back with Sky swinging his left hand letting the blood fly from it. “The enemy leader in sights?” He asked her still on his guard.

"He's mine."

He felt her rush off after the leader, “I’ll clean up this little mess.” He yelled to her as she ran off to her own fight. Grinning towards the other Kuma he lunged forward claws sharpened. The rough skin of the Kuma made it harder for him to get a decisive strike unless it was towards their necks.

-------------------

“This is a waste of my time!” Kento howled slicing through a group of Kuma with his huge nodachi, “Men kill the stragglers I’m going on ahead!’ He ordered as he walked casually through the battlefield letting his demonic energy be known. It was his way of drawing the leader towards him.

"GENERAL KENTO!!!!" Kouji shouted, not realizing that the general was right in front of him. "Oh, sorry. Uh, Miss Sky-something told me to tell you that there's a big monster, or something...and that you shouldn't rush to the battlefield...I think."

“Monster?” Kento asked thinking about what enemy this could be, “Thanks for the intel Kouji. Be careful out there.” The two made their separate ways, Kento still emitting his power.

-------------------

Kiba surrounded by bodies stood with blood on his clothing. Some was from him but most from Kuma, “It seem that my sword hand isn’t as numb as it was before.” He said to himself as he was opening and closing his fist. Kiba went for his blade but was frozen from a loud roar. A huge beast appeared and it began killing off Kuma, “What exactly is that? No matter it seems to want Kuma and not us so I guess I’ll stay back.”

He stared at the beast slay like it was nothing and was suddenly tackled by Brooke. He looked her in the eyes as she laid atop him, “How ya doin?” Kiba grunted as she got up removing her knee from his chest, “HA, I can breath. These guys aren’t to nice. Crashing in on us like that. I might not be in the best condition to battle so I’ll back you up with my cryo abilities.” He winked to her.