• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

War of the Gates: PG-15

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"Hilarious," Brooke muttered as Kento laughed at his own joke. She sighed, relieved that the whole thing was over with.

"Looks good right?" Kento asked, holding it up and showing off.

"Not as good my other friend, but you'll have to do," she replied, hitting Kento on the back rather hard. "We should go back to the others. I have a feeling we're getting our next course of action soon."

***​

"Your not gonna live this down are you?" Jun asked.

Sky just smirked, clearly amused. She ruffled Jun's hair now acting childish herself, "Nope, never. You and Kiba will get no mercy."

Finally, the two females approached Rai, Kiba, and Kouji. Skyler tensed upon seeing Rai, her thoughts now drifting from what she really came here for. Rai made no reaction to their approach aside from a twitch of his tail.

"I think I'll go over there," Sky muttered, not really wanting to deal with the strange Bakeneko. Still, before she left, she had to use her opportunities. She did tell Jun they'd get no mercy after all....

"Thanks for letting me borrow your girlfriend!" she called to Kiba as she trotted away. At least that had kept her mood high rather than low. Unfortunately for her, that mood was once again shattered as she saw Sander walk out of the medical tent.

Unlike Rai, he didn't avoid her when he saw she was nearby. He walked up to her. Skyler really didn't feel like dealing with him, but the poor guy looked miserable.

"Uh, Skyler," Sander called as he approached her. Sky didn't look at him, or say anything. She just wanted him to say what he had to say and leave.

"I just wanted to say... hey wait a second, is that Brooke and Kento?"

"Huh?" Sky asked, not expecting to hear that of all things. She looked up to see Kento and Brooke walking out of the forest. Kento seemed fine, like he just trained, but Brooke seemed happier than usual. A light bulb went off in Sky's mind and she smirked; all that meant was more taunting, and more fun.

"What does Kento think he's doing?" Sander growled, his fur fluffing up.

"Chill Sander," Sky said to him, putting a hand on his shoulder. "Maybe that's a good sign. Kento's not a bad guy."

"But he left her to die," he muttered, not convinced. Sky tilted her head, wondering what Sander meant. "Anyway, I came to apologize about earlier. I was just... worried...."

Sky's thoughts switched back to the fight as Sander changed the subject back, "Worried?"

"I may not be a genius, and I may not have special 'aura reading' powers like you and Rai, but something is wrong with him. I know its quick for me to be saying this, but I don't want you to get hurt."

Skyler took a step back, not wanting to hear this from anyone. She hardly knew Sander, "Sorry... I just can't."

"Its fine," Sander said. "I really wasn't expecting you to think anything of me, really. But you're important to my sister, and so by extension, you're important to me too. Having a pretty face is just a bonus in my opinion."

"Good to know," Sky replied, a light smile coming to her face. At least Sander had his head on straight about this whole thing. "I guess I could say the same for you."

"About my pretty face?" he joked.

"Ha, very funny," Sky replied. "I was talking about Brooke though."

"You mean you don't think I'm pretty?" he whined. Sky growled in response. He was pushing it.

"Come on, lets go follow them. I wanna make fun of your sister and my brother."

"You are an evil little wolf," he replied as he followed her towards Kento and Brooke.

((OOC: Sorry i didn't post for a bit. I had a few really depressing days. ugh. Should be fine now though... but yeah, we should plan the next fight soon. XD.))

Sky just smirked, clearly amused. She ruffled Jun's hair now acting childish herself, "Nope, never. You and Kiba will get no mercy."

Jun placed her head down frowning from the info she got from Skyler. Why would she do this to her? "Your so cruel."

Finally, the two females approached Rai, Kiba, and Kouji. Jun smiled upon seeing Kiba but then looked at Skyler who seemed pretty tense. "It was worst than I thought. These two can't even look at one another."

"Thanks for letting me borrow your girlfriend!" she called to Kiba as she trotted away.

Kiba faced Jun's direction but she couldn't look at him after Skyler said that. He knew what Skyler's game was and thought it was amusing. "Anytime Sis! I'm glad she's back now!" He said back to her.

"Girlfriend?" When Jun heard him say that she couldn't believe it. She faced Kiba who was waving off Skyler. "Does he really think of us as a couple?" That thought continued throughout her mind.

---------------

"Not as good my other friend, but you'll have to do," she replied, hitting Kento on the back rather hard. "We should go back to the others. I have a feeling we're getting our next course of action soon."

The impact of her hand brought back the pain from yesterday for a slight second. He tried not to show the expression on his face, "Your right. Let's get going and see what's going on."

While the two were walking back Kento spotted Sky and Sander coming towards them. His good mood kind of changed seeing him, "It seems my sister and your brother are here to break up our little party. From the look on her face prepare for the worst."

--------------------

"Did you get to it my Lord?" Toboe asked bowing to Nobunaga who returned from his journey to the Gate of Hell. He picked his head up to see Nobunaga glowing with dark energy.

"Yes... and soon the Gate of Heaven will be mine. This power is unlike any other and I can only imagine what Heaven has in stored for me" He said clinching his fist together admiring his power.

"Did you end Tsume?" Nobunaga asked glaring at Toboe.

"N-no my Lord I was unable to defeat him. Leona was there and they ganged up on me. The only option I had was to escape before I was killed." Toboe explained looking away from his master.

Nobunaga looked disappointed and replied to Toboe, "You are my favorite among my followers. I am glad to see you still alive but disappointed that you couldn't get the job done."

His aura picked up as he began to use his new power, "Toboe you will be the first to witness my power. This si but a sample of the Gate of Hell's power!" He roared as a black aura filled the battlefield where the dead soldiers and demons were left. The bodies began to reconstruct themselves and move once again. All brought back from this turned a blueish color and eyes were white as snow.

"My undead army will take care of them. As you kow they needed rest so they couldn't have gotten far." Nobunaga said as he aura faded as his demonic energy began to fade. He did not say it to Toboe but as he used this power his energy was completely drained and he needed to rest to regain it.

The undead army got there orders and began to charge... er slowly but surely make there way towards the Bakeneko and Ookami Tribes.

(OOC: We should talk about what is gonna happen during this skip. PM me so we can go over it.)

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"It seems my sister and your brother are here to break up our little party. From the look on her face prepare for the worst," Kento said, causing Brooke to stop and look towards them. Skyler looked positively miffed... probably due to Sander and his stupid behaviors.

Brooke let out an inaudible set of profanities as they approached. The only thing that could really be heard was the phrase, "Pain in the ***."

Finally, Sander stopped pestering Sky, and bounded up to his sister in a puppy-like manner, "Heya Brooke, Kento."

Sky followed them a moment later, her mood seeming a bit uplifted, "Hey guys."

Brooke frowned. Something about the way Sky greeted them seemed suspicious. Her eyes narrowed at her momentarily, but Sander blocked her view by jumping in front of her, "Brooke, anyone home?"

"Yes, I see you," Brooke muttered, pushing her brother out of the way. "Idiot."

"Ha, ha, very funny," Sander said as he dusted himself off from hitting the dirt. Clearly, his sister didn't care for playful antics. "Moody as ever I see."

"Clearly," Brooke spat. "Besides, there's only one idiot here, and I'm lookin' at him."

"How so sister?" Sander asked, his tail twitching in slight annoyance. He was just trying to lighten the mood, since everyone seemed so tense. He sighed, sitting down and watching his sister.

Skyler sighed as well, turning to her brother, "So Kento, any idea where we're supposed to be now? Father hasn't told us anything."

But Sky didn't get an answer, for a cry of horror came from the distance. At that, everyone whipped their heads around, wondering what the scream meant.

"The soldiers are coming back! They're alive!" someone shouted.

Sky's eyes widened, immediately alert. The soldiers they'd brought down were back? As in zombies?

Sander jumped into the air, wings unfurling so he could see what was going on. Once up there, he confirmed the undead army. "Damn it all," he said. "I should have known this was coming."

He flew back down, and turned his attention to Sky, "Thousands of them, not just one. Nobunaga must have planned this from the beginning."

He hung his head in shame, wondering how he didn't know. He should have known, because he was with Nobunaga's army a few days ago, but apparently, he wasn't as trusted as he thought. Suddenly, something within him snapped, realizing that his duty as a spy for Nobunaga was only to get rid of him.

"*******," he muttered, running towards the battlefield.

"Sander! Wait for us!" Sky called, but it was too late. The Ookami had already vanished. "Damn," Sky muttered, turning around to the others. "Kento, Brooke, you should follow him. Going out there alone is a bad idea. I'll go get the others."

Before waiting for them to agree or disagree, Sky bolted towards Kouji, Kiba, Jun, and Rai. She couldn't stop to linger on the fact that Rai was awkward right now, so instead she addressed Kiba, "Guys, there's another attack. No time to explain why, just get your tails over to the battlefield. Kento, Brooke, and Sander are already there. I'm gonna get father."

Skyler rushed passed them again, barely catching Rai's face as she came to the tent of the leaders', "Father, Leona, there's another attack. Nobunaga resurrected the soldiers from last night."

***​

Sander stood at the foot of a hill, fur bristling at the sight of so many soldiers... again. One giant Zombie caught his eye... the demon bear that had injured Brooke the night before.

"You first," he snarled, flying towards the army with a battlecry.

((OOC: Okay, I PM'd ya. ^^))

The smell of the dead got to Kento and he couldn't believe it. Never before has he faced off against the undead. "How is this possible? Was this from Nobunaga?" He thought off in a daze.

"Kento, Brooke, you should follow him. Going out there alone is a bad idea. I'll go get the others."

Snapping back to it he nodded to Skyler, "Right. Brooke let's go." He said moving with great speed moving towards Sander's position. Finally he caught up to the warrior who seemed to fancy a dead soldier.

"You first," he snarled, flying towards the army with a battlecry.

"Charging in like that really isn't the smartest thing to do." Kento thought watching Sander take the lead. "But we can't really wait here can we?"

Holding his hand towards a group of undead Kento shot off a large ice blast freeing them in place, "A little too easy..."

---------------

"Guys, there's another attack. No time to explain why, just get your tails over to the battlefield. Kento, Brooke, and Sander are already there. I'm gonna get father."

"Roger that!" Kiba said nodding to Skyler as he and Jun ran off after Kento. The two made it right when Kento did his attack, "So it's already started huh?" He asked as they were soon surrounded.

"Time to see if practice helped." Jun stated creating her ice mask. She charged forward nailing him with a hard right knocking his head clean off. She followed it up sweeping two at a time and spin kicking them breaking the bones. Jun quickly ducked for what was next.

"Nice dodge." Kiba said smirking while unsheathing his blade slashing over head. He beheaded three undead and sheathed his sword as they dropped. It all seemed clear up until the bodies started to reconstruct themselves. "What the hell is going on?"

"We just killed them... again!" Jun yelled dodging more attacks.

-------------

Skyler rushed passed them again, barely catching Rai's face as she came to the tent of the leaders', "Father, Leona, there's another attack. Nobunaga resurrected the soldiers from last night."

Both leaders knew for a fact that it was Nobunaga and the Gate of Hell, "Dammit! Leona you stay here and protect the camp. I'll take care of the so called undead."

Leona sighed not liking that idea at all but knew it was the best thing to do, "Alright just be careful." She said stepping close and kissing him on the cheek. Their love for one another was showing.

"Don't worry I will be back for you." He said smiling and walking towards the door, "Alright Skyler your with me. Time we put an end to this." Rushing out of the room Tsume began charging up an attack on the upcoming enemies.

(OOC: Sorry for the lack of posting.)

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
((OOC: Not a problem. Glad you're back.))

"Charging in like that really isn't the smartest thing to do." Kento thought watching Sander take the lead. "But we can't really wait here can we?"

"But Sander's never really been the smartest. Even when we were pups," Brooke muttered, following Kento's lead and freezing more undead soldiers in black ice.

"A little too easy..." he muttered. But Brooke knew it wasn't going to be that simple, how she didn't know... it was more like she could feel it. In any case, it was time for her to break in her new sword.

Drawing the broadsword from her back, Brooke prepared to charge into the field. Moments before she moved forward, Jun and Kiba showed up, helping with the attack. She looked over to them briefly, and then back to the field, where she saw the undead soldiers regenerate themselves.

"Tch," she muttered, slightly annoyed. No matter. More slicing and dicing for her to do. Smirking, she rushed into battle cutting down as many zombies as quick and as many as possible, hoping she could back up her brother.

***​

Skyler cringed when her father and Leona started being affectionate, but tried to shake it off. It was his right to like whoever he wanted, but she couldn't help but think back to Rai at that moment.

"Alright Skyler your with me. Time we put an end to this," her father ordered, rushing out the door. Skyler followed immediately, waving to Leona on her way out. She caught up to her father quickly, nostalgia gripping her memory. This was almost like the times when they'd run together before Kiba returned... when she really felt she was part of her family.

Finally, when they approached the battlefield, father and daughter separated, both immediately jumping into action. Sky didn't even stop to acknowledge any of her teammates, because somehow, she knew what she was up against. Instinct took over, and power flowed throughout her body as she felt four extra tails come from her back.

***​

Rai appeared before his mother, bowing mostly out of habit than anything else. He knew it shouldn't be so strange to talk to her, but it was....

"I did something wrong, mother," Rai said, his blind eyes staring at her, but not really seeing her. Normally, he would go out and fight with the others, but he couldn't today. His conscious was getting to him, and if anything ticked him off, he would loose it. "I think I sealed the fate of at least one of the people fighting out there.... Whatever result comes back to us, I don't think its going to be good. What can I do?"

***​

Sander shot down another zombie, completely obliterating every molecule of its undead body. If that thing was coming back, it would take a long while. He whipped his head around, snarling madly. His target was in clear sight now. Akakabuto.

Letting out another battlecry, Sander launched himself forward, biting the nose of the huge demon bear. The bear let out a blood curdling roar, as if it couldn't speak correctly, and whipped its head, flinging Sander off.

"You're not going to pull that same trick again. If you lay one claw on any of them, especially my sister, you are completely dead. The only reason I haven't killed you yet is because I have a few questions for you...."

"So now you agree with my trying to get information out of him?" a voice rang from behind Sander.

"Brooke, get away. I can deal with him."

"No, I want to have my questions answered too. I want to know who my father was."

"I can tell you that stuff!" Sander yelled, trying to get Brooke away for her own good. He be damned if she got seriously hurt again.

The bear roared again, a vile smirk crossing its face, "Kaibutsu's sword. You must be friends with the ***** that killed him...."

"What?" Brooke exclaimed, surprised.

"No!" Sander snarled, rushing forward. He had to shut the stupid bear up, for Skyler's and Brooke's sake. They couldn't have another argument while Sander was there, because he wouldn't be able to take a side.

Unfortunately, Brooke knocked him to the side and attacked the bear herself, "Who did it?" she asked in a voice so venomous, Sander had to wonder who was the enemy.

The bear laughed, and Brooke promptly punched him in the jaw, knocking it clean off his face. Surprised, Akakabuto stopped laughing, his eyes narrowing. His jaw reformed almost instantly, and his reply came right after, before Sander had time to stop it. "The one you call Skyler."

Brooke's pupils dilated, and suddenly, a wave of energy pulsated out of her... demonic energy. The bear's head imploded from the pressure, and he stopped moving.

"Brooke?" Sander asked, afraid to come any closer for the fear of the same thing happening to his head.

"You knew," she said, her voice no longer her own. "But you cared more about a pretty face than about your own sister."

"That's not true...." Sander trailed off as his sister turned to him, her eyes glowing white, as if there was nothing inside them.

"I'll deal with you later," she hissed. With that, Brooke turned around, rushing into the battlefield yet again. The zombie's litterally shriveled up when she got close to them, as if the demonic pressure itself was too much for their bodies to handle. Unfortunately, a good number of them got back up.

"Damn. How do you kill these things?" Sander asked aloud, running after his sister to back her up.

Hotshot

((Yay, I'm back! But...I'll leave on Monday again for about another week, so that might be a good time to reopen the sign-ups, if you haven't already.))

Kouji leaped over an undead enemy, slashing its head in two with a downward slice of his blade. He landed in a somersault and rose to his feet. He had failed in finding his master, Monyet, so he decided perhaps it was best to take his anger out on these...pests.

Taking a deep breath, Kouji let loose a stream of orange flame, engulfing several enemies at once. Finally, a large bear demon stepped forward and hurled a huge boulder at the wolf-boy. Kouji planted his feet firmly on the ground, and held his palms out in front of his face.

"Time for the Counter Technique..." Kouji halted the boulder with his bare hands, and then flung it back at his opponent. The boulder crashed into its target, scattering dust, debris, and limbs everywhere. Kouji watched as the body, now horribly disfigured, began to rise to its feet. Inhaling deeply, Kouji blew a huge burst of fire, completely incinerating the undead demon. Only ashes remained.

"Fire Magic. That's how we can defeat them..."

Finally, when they approached the battlefield, father and daughter separated, both immediately jumping into action. Leaping into the battle Tsume quickly noticed the undead foes they faced. Fortunately for him during his long life span he has faced the undead before. He shot off his energy blast blowing up a huge portion of them.

"From the blast enemies didn't come back... The ones Kento are fighting haven't bean able to regenerate either..." A light bulb went off after realizing this. He had to inform everyone quickly, "No weapons! It seams physical attacks wont harm them but mental abilities will!"

"Nice to know..." Kiba said on his guard back to back with Jun. He looked over her and nodded to her and she did the same, "Howl Tenro!" Kiba yelled as Jun ducked under his sword slash which sent out a wave of his own demonic energy. It took out many but more came to take the place.

"Kiba, they just keep coming! This isn't looking good!" Jun yelled very worried at the current condition on the battlefield.

---------------

Kento was busy having his own fun after hearing how to defeat the zombie army. It was nothing for him with his partner Koorimizu. "Haha, haven't had fun like this for a while."

"Too bad your fun is gonna be cut short," Tsuki butted in, "I feel your girlfriend's energy and it's not a good sign. Something is the matter with her. She seems darker."

He sighed searching for Brooke during all the commotion. Finally he locked onto her and things did seem dark for her. "Dammit not again. I've got to stop her before something bad happens."

"I'll deal with you later," she hissed. With that, Brooke turned around, rushing into the battlefield yet again. The zombie's litterally shriveled up when she got close to them, as if the demonic pressure itself was too much for their bodies to handle. Unfortunately, a good number of them got back up.

Kento ran after her shooting off his occasional demonic blast at the enemy. Finally he got next to Sander and as much as he hated it he had to talk to him to find out what was going on, "What happened to her? I thought she was over this?"

-----------------

(OOC: As for the Leona and Rai thing going on. Don't really know what to say to him so I'll let you do that. Also I don't know when I will put up the sign ups cause I haven't gotten everything situated.)

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
((OOC: No problem. I wasn't really expecting a reply from Leona. I just wanted Rai to bring an ominous feeling about the fight. He thinks someone is about to die... blah XD. 2:30 AM here, and still awake = very very strange acting Shadow.))

Kento ran after her shooting off his occasional demonic blast at the enemy. Finally he got next to Sander and as much as he hated it he had to talk to him to find out what was going on, "What happened to her? I thought she was over this!"

"I don't know," Sander admitted. "But I'm not the one at fault. I was trying to protect her. Clearly, I'm not even capable of that though. She just found out who killed her friend... the one who held her sword previously.... But if it makes you feel better, I don't think she's planning on getting hurt today. Look, none of those things can ever touch her."

Sander felt an enemy approach from behind, and so he turned, grabbing the zombie by the hand and throwing it into the air, followed by breathing a blast of dragon's fire at it. The zombie was incinerated and all that remained was a bit of ash that fell down atop the two males. Finally, Sander looked back and Kento, straight in the eyes. Clearly he was serious, and no longer was talking to him in his normal, somewhat joking manor:

"Listen Kento, Brooke wasn't born with demonic powers. I'm not sure what is possessing her, but I, as your friend, have to warn you to be careful. I want to help her as much as you do, and I trust you enough to take care of her when I'm not around, but I think you should let her vent for awhile. Besides, I don't think she wants you on her bad side... It's only Sky who needs to tie the loose ends up now."

But clearly Brooke wasn't slowing down. The undead seemed to be attracted to her, only to explode upon contact with her demonic energy, which seemed to only be escalating.

At the rate she's going, she might kill us all, Sander thought, rethinking his decisions. "Or... maybe we can combine efforts and calm her down a bit," Sander said, realizing Brooke was acting insane. "But she's not going to want to talk to me... so I'll keep away enemies, and you deal with her. How bout it?"

Sander didn't really give Kento time to agree or disagree, because he flew up, making a wall of fire to block off zombies from coming any closer. After that, he proceeded to actually pick off the undead warriors one by one. With so many around, he wouldn't be fighting so well for long but he would if it meant his sister was going to be okay.

"I hope you won't hate me after this. I'm giving up my entire life to make you feel happier," Sander muttered. I just hope I was right to betray Nobunaga and his armies for this....

***​

No weapons! It seams physical attacks wont harm them but mental abilities will!"

"My specialty!" Sky howled, manipulating elements like it was nothing. Houkou's powers seemed endless, even without her lingering presence. Sky summoned a huge gust of wind and ice shards, shredding entire platoons of zombies in moments.

"Too easy," she said to herself.

"Kiba, they just keep coming! This isn't looking good!" Sky heard Jun yell, looking down upon the battlefield herself. Miles upon miles of undead stretched before her.

She's right, there has got to be another way to get rid of these things....

A familiar pricking in the back of Sky's mind appeared, as if something was trying to take over her consciousness...

Houkou? Sky asked, somewhat hopeful.

But Sky then realized it was the presence of another demonic power, exerting pressure outwards. It had a very dark, unfamiliar feel to it, but Skyler immediately knew who it was, Brooke.

She didn't have time to think about that though, because more zombies appeared close to her and her father. She backed up to him, her fur fluffling out to make herself appear larger, "Dad, there are too many. We're not going to win between the eight of us."

Hotshot

Dozens of zombies surrounded Kouji. He unrolled his Sacred Scroll and placed his palm on it. Instantly, a burst of pure energy filled his body, increasing his power tenfold. "IT'S TIME TO BRING OUT THE BIG GUNS!!!!"

Kouji's entire body exploded in a flurry of orange flames, engulfing the entire area around him. Flames trickled from his mouth as he exclaimed, "TASTE MY FLAMES!!!" With that, Kouji waved his arm, and instantly the zombies were incinerated by the intense heat of Kouji's body. They fell to the ground, now mere ashes.

A fanged grin creeped across Kouji's face. His eyes zeroed in on an unlucky zombie, whom he chose as his next target.

----------------------------------------------------------

Kurainaga folded his arms across his chest and stared at the Ryuu monk doubtfully. "This...is a Sacred Scroll?"

"Indeed," said the monk. "It is the Scroll of Yamata-no-Orochi. If you wish to defeat the Ookami, then this is the Scroll to use..."

"How much?"

"I am terribly sorry, but this Scroll is not for sale. It is a sacred item and should never be used--"

The monk never finished, for Naga had slain him in that instant. He sheathed his swords and picked up the Scroll. Exiting the building, he was careful not to step in the blood of the guards that he had killed earlier.

"With this, I shall have my revenge..."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ashes littered the battlefield, with Kouji standing in the middle, smoke and ash coating his body. His energy now completely drained, he collapsed.

Dang it...I wanted to kill at least a hundred more of those undead-guys...

At the rate she's going, she might kill us all, Sander thought, rethinking his decisions. "Or... maybe we can combine efforts and calm her down a bit," Sander said, realizing Brooke was acting insane. "But she's not going to want to talk to me... so I'll keep away enemies, and you deal with her. How bout it?"

Sander didn't really give Kento time to agree or disagree, because he flew up, making a wall of fire to block off zombies from coming any closer. After that, he proceeded to actually pick off the undead warriors one by one. With so many around, he wouldn't be fighting so well for long but he would if it meant his sister was going to be okay.

"Yeah... ugh... I care for my life too." Kento thought feeling the dark pressure coming from Brooke, "What will I say to someone who doesn't listen to reason? Hey Brooke it's okay cause I'm here?" Kento sighed knowing this was gonna be a rough conversation.

Rushing ahead Brooke was insight and he could feel her power growing, "Brooke!" He yelled out trying to get her attention. "Now is not the time for this! Help us get rid of the undead then handle your business with Sky!"

Hopefully this would help turn the situation around if not then it was all for nothing.

----------------

She didn't have time to think about that though, because more zombies appeared close to her and her father. She backed up to him, her fur fluffling out to make herself appear larger, "Dad, there are too many. We're not going to win between the eight of us."

Tsume wasn't having any problems but apparently everyone else was. "I'm calling for help." He told his daughter as he let out a loud howl signaling for healthy fighters to assist. Maybe this message got to the camp maybe it didn't but he couldn't leave to get help since they needed him here.

He started release more pressure for he was planning on another attack. This would take out another of portion of the undead.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
((OOC: Sorry i didn't post for a few days. I've been... really depressed to the point that I didn't have any muse to write one simple RPG post. I'm sorry DX.))

"Brooke!" A familiar voice yelled out trying to get her attention. "Now is not the time for this! Help us get rid of the undead then handle your business with Sky!"

What does it look like I'm doing? she thought to herself as more of the undead approached and exploded upon contact with her energy. She looked at Kento, her eyes cold, but she made it perfectly clear that she was fine. Actually for once in her life, things seemed clear to her.

I really am unwanted in this world, she thought grimly. After today, I'll find a way to get rid of myself.

Finally her eyes softened at Kento, and she let out a goofy-toothed grin. It was fake to her, but a convincing smile nonetheless, "I'm good."

With that she lowered some of her energy, and went back to fighting normally. From above, Sander sighed in relief, deciding that her and Kento could handle it over there.

He set his sights towards another area, and dived down to continue the fight.

***​

"I'm calling for help," Tsume replied to Sky, letting out a huge howl.

I just hope it works, Skyler thought as she readied herself for another attack much like her father. Tsume let out a huge blast, destroying more zombies, but they quickly were replaced by other undead monsters. Clearly, these numbers weren't just the soldiers they'd fought last night.

Sky imitated her father, letting out an elemental blast. It was smaller than her father's, but it was clear that she was getting better. Still, fatigue started to grip at her. She was using her energy up.

Suddenly, Sky felt a familiar demonic presence fade... Kouji's presence to be more precise.

"Kouji!" Sky exclaimed, trying to find the young Ookami. I can't protect anyone if I can't find them. Some leader I'm turning out to be, she thought, doubt gripping her spirits.

"Skyler!" another voice shouted. "Don't give in yet. I'm still here."

Sky's ears pricked, and suddenly, everything on the battlefield seemed slow. She looked around, wondering who had called to her. The voice was unfamiliar, yet she knew it.

Suddenly, a hand gripped the top of her head, jerking it around so that she could see Kouji's aura, "Don't loose your focus."

"Wait," Sky said as she tried to jerk her head out of the grasp of whoever was holding her. "Who are you?"

But everything went back to normal almost as soon as it'd been slow. Quicker than lightning, Sky dashed forward, knocking zombies over in her wake. Finally, she got to her destination, letting out a stream of fire to get rid of the enemies about to talk the unconscious Kouji.

Skyler didn't check to see if he was okay; It was more important to get him out of the situation. Quickly, she grabbed him and swung him over her back, and drew her sword with her other hand. She'd observed Kiba use his sword as an elemental weapon earlier, so she could do the same she supposed. They shared the same blood after all.

Letting out a battlecry, Sky crashed back the way she came, slicing through zombie after zombie mercilessly.

"Sky!" a voice called. This time, Sky was sure of who it was.

"Sander!" she sighed in relief. "Take him somewhere safe."

Sander nodded, and grabbed Kouji by the scruff of his neck, flying him over the undead army. A few moments later, they landed back near the camp, "Kouji!" Sander shouted, pouring water over him. "Wake up!"

Finally her eyes softened at Kento, and she let out a goofy-toothed grin. It was fake to her, but a convincing smile nonetheless, "I'm good."

Kento was glad to see her calm down if only for this fight, "Alright. I'll have your back and you have mine." With that said he jumped turning in mid air so his back was pressed up against her's.

"We should make our way towards Kiba and Jun. I think they could use our help. Kiba isn't all that great with energy based attacks. By now it could really be getting to him." He said slashing away zombies knowing that they would come back but it was a defense above all.

"You lead the way and I'll be behind you."

-----------------

Sky imitated her father, letting out an elemental blast. It was smaller than her father's, but it was clear that she was getting better. Still, fatigue started to grip at her. She was using her energy up.

Tsume smirked seeing his daughter pull off such a move, "At such a young age she is able to do it. Took me a while before I was able to focus enough build to use such an attack." He was very impressed at her performance.

He continuously fired off elemental blast at the zombies only to have more replace them. After a few minutes it seemed a little hopeless but also strange that more undead appeared.

"Where exactly are they coming from. It's almost as if something or someone is creating them," His ears twitched for a second feeling another unknown presence, "Gotcha!" He snarled shooting a blast towards the air making contact with a barrier.

Soon a demonic figure appeared within the barrier and laughing at the demon general. It resembled a kyuu but looked like a kuma as well. No telling what it was only that it seemed to be behind everything, "So you finally figured it out. Took you long enough." The demon could sense Kiba use another attack on the undead and quickly created more with a staff it was holding.

Tsume watched his movements and analyzed what was going on, "So I see your game. Feeding off our attacks you make more undead to replace them. Skyler get everyone out of here." Unsheathing his sword, Tsume was ready to do battle with this new threat.

----------------

"Kiba! Do you see that?!" Jun pointed out towards the sky. She had spotted the demon as well. "Should we help out?"

As much as he wanted to Kiba was too weak to help his father. All those blast took so much of him and he could barely help Jun fend off the undead around them. "Right now we need to regroup. We can't fight off all of these guys. Sticking together is our best bet for survival."

Jun nodded knowing it was the truth, "Your right. Finding Kento would be a good idea right now. Let's get moving." She said leading the way knocking down many undead.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
Tsume watched his movements and analyzed what was going on, "So I see your game. Feeding off our attacks you make more undead to replace them. Skyler get everyone out of here."

"What?" Sky exclaimed, staring at her father. Clearly, whatever this demon was was something her father thought they couldn't handle... but with all the other undead around, Sky had some doubts about leaving her dad on the field to himself. Still, she couldn't appose his orders.

"Okay... be careful," she said quietly. Somehow, she couldn't bring herself to say it any louder. The scars of her past were still burning; somewhere, she still hadn't forgiven her father.

Sky ran up to the top of a hill, letting out a howl, "Everyone, leave the battlefield, Tsume's orders! If you don't I'll forcibly remove you!"

As ridiculous as that sounded, Sky was completely serious. She saw Kiba and Jun had heard her, but she wasn't as worried about them not listening as a certain other two Ookami. Skyler ran through hoards of zombies, hoping to locate Brooke and Kento.

Finally, she spotted them:

"You lead the way and I'll be behind you," Kento told Brooke. Sky tilted her head, hoping she hadn't walked in on anything, but now wasn't the time to think about such things.

"Guys, father wants us back at the base...." Skyler trailed off as Brooke turned to her. Her eyes were filled with a bitter hatred, but only for one moment.

"Right," Brooke said. "Let's go Kento."

She grabbed his arm and dragged him away from Sky before she lost it. When they were far enough away from her, Brooke turned to Kento, "Sorry. I just don't wanna loose it right now. I'm really trying."

She sighed, turning back to the battlefield and starting to create a path back to the camp....

(OOC: Not really gonna get into detail on the fight with Tsume and the new demon but you can tell it's gonna end up bad. Also this will lead up to the time skip and give me time to think of another part to the story. A book 2 if you will )

Sky ran up to the top of a hill, letting out a howl, "Everyone, leave the battlefield, Tsume's orders! If you don't I'll forcibly remove you!"

Kiba didn't like what he heard. Something about the whole thing didn't seem to sit right with him. There was nothing he could do but accept it, "Jun change of plans let's head back for the camp." He said taking one last glimpse towards his father's direction.

As much as she wanted to help she agreed, "Right. I'll lead the way." With that said Jun busted her way through the undead army until she finally got to an open area that lead back to camp.

"We should wait for the others to come." Kiba suggested stopping behind her. The two were pretty beat up but could still fight for the time being.

---------------

She grabbed his arm and dragged him away from Sky before she lost it. When they were far enough away from her, Brooke turned to Kento, "Sorry. I just don't wanna loose it right now. I'm really trying."

Kento wasn't his usual self knowing what his father was planning. Yes it seems like a good idea but it comes at a hefty price. "Huh?" He said snapping back to reality, "Yeah wouldn't want that to happen either. C'mon let's get going."

His objective now was to speak to his brother and sister about this. Sensing where Kiba and Jun were at and decided to find him first. Maybe fighting his way to Kiba would help or maybe not. Either way he quickly got it started.

"Kento... I'm sorry." Koorimizu finally said. She knew what Tsume was attempting. "It's the only way to protect the ones he love."

The young Ookami felt the pain of losing someone close. A vicious howl came from the Ookami as he punched the ground unleashing some demonic energy towards the undead around him.

Smoke filled the area around Kento and all that could be seen was his shadow with glowing red eyes, "...Brooke the others are not to far. Let's hurry." He said taking off towards Jun and Kiba.

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"...Brooke the others are not to far. Let's hurry." He said taking off towards Jun and Kiba.

Brooke followed, looking back only for a moment. Sky was wrapped up in getting zombies off her tail. Still, she didn't really have any time, nor did she care at the moment, to help Skyler out.

Up ahead, Brooke spotted Jun and Kiba. At least they were safe, but what of her brother?

She shook her head. No, she was mad at him too.

"Almost everyone is here," she muttered, looking back at the battlefield. Tsume unleashed a huge amount of energy yet again, destroying more and more undead with every passing second. Brooke had to admire such raw power, but even that would run out eventually.

"Brooke, Kiba, Jun, Kento!" a voice yelled from behind. Sander came flying up to them, apparently from the camp. "I came as soon as I heard Sky's howl. Tsume can't think that he can do this himself."

"You heard her from all the way back at camp?" Brooke inquired. Sander looked away. He was hiding something.

Nevertheless, Sander looked around, "Where is Sky anyway?"

"Not here yet," Brooke replied bluntly. She glanced at the battlefield for a moment, looking for any signs of Sky, and then looked back at the group. Despite feeling an immense hatred for Sky right now, Brooke couldn't help but worry. What if she didn't come back?

"I'm gonna go--" Brooke started, but was cut off by Sander.

"Let her handle this," Sander cut off. "If she's not back in five minutes, I'll go. I've hardly fought in this battle since I was off helping Kouji. If anyone is the most fit for a rescue mission its me. I'm not about to let any of you die here. Got it?"

"Who made you in charge?" Brooke muttered.

Sander didn't even acknowledge that he'd heard Brooke, and instead watched the battlefield intently. Clearly,

***​

Sky let out another wave of energy, turning the undead enemies into no more than hot air. She was loosing this fight, and she could feel her father unleash huge attacks, the likes of which Sky had never seen before.

Something in her mind told her that even her dad wasn't going to get out of this easily. She knew she was deliberately disobeying him by not leaving herself, but she had to help... he was her dad after all.

Finally, she located Tsume as he unleashed another attack at the boss zombie. Skyler drew her sword, Darcia, and put the last bit of energy she could muster into the sword.

"I just have to wait for my chance," she said to herself as she hid from view. If her father needed help, she would help, even at the cost of her own life, because the Ookami needed him a lot more than they needed her. Period.

((OOC: Fair enough. I thought Sky watching him die would be a good way to tie up loose ends between the two characters and stuff. Plus... it might give ya an easy way to sacrifice Tsume, ya know, to protect his daughter. If you don't like that, I can edit it out.))

Hotshot

((OOC: Back again...this is just a post to show what Kouji will be doing over the time-skip.))

Kouji's eyes peeked open, and he found himself in a tent, with bandages covering his body. He was aching all over. Being the idiot he was, he tried to sit up. He winced in pain, groaned, and fell backwards. He blinked and stared up. Suddenly, a figure appeared, stooping over him.

"You lack control," said the figure. "And your energy is drained far too quickly...I'll have to hammer that into you..."

"...Master...Monyet?" Kouji murmured. "Where...am I?"

Monyet sighed. "You're in a tent. Beaten to a pulp. You couldn't sustain Susano'o's power, so you lost control and ended up powerless on the field of battle," Monyet replied, shaking his head. "Skyler saved you. If she hadn't been there, you would have died."

Kouji bit his lip. "Why...why does it always end this way...I can't...last a single battle without...messing up and almost killing myself..."

"I can fix that."

"Let the training begin!" Kouji exclaimed, leaping to his feet. His exclamation was soon followed by a yelp as he fell back down, cringing in pain. "...Right after I rest a little...owowow..."

((OOC: Tsume's gonna die?! OH MY GOSH! What a plot twist...))

"You heard her from all the way back at camp?" Brooke inquired. Sander looked away. He was hiding something.

"Yeah she said to head back but I'm staying here. I have to recover the body after the fight is over." The fact that Kiba was near hadn't got to him until it was too late. He now regretted saying that out loud.

In shock Kiba ran towards his brother and grabbed him by the collar, "What do you mean recover the body!? Are you trying to say Father wont make it out alive?!"

Kento sighed. This was why he didn't wanna say it knowing Kiba would get like this, "He knows that we wont survive against them. And he's not going to put any of us in danger by keeping us in there."

"We have to help! I can help!" Kiba practically cried letting his brother loose turning to go help but was stopped by Kento's arm, "Let me go!" He yelled slashing at his brother with Tenro.

Dodging Kento once again sighed, "Why must you act like a child!" Dashing forward he nailed Kiba with a nice jab in the gut. As his brother fell he caught him then layed him on the ground. "Sorry kiddo."

Kento got up stepping back a few steps for the worried Jun to sit next to him. "Looks like leadership has been passed down. Koorimizu... no wait Tsuki I'm gonna need your help if I am to follow in his footsteps." He whispered to his blade's spirit.

"I will gladly take you under my wing." She gladly accepted his request.

----------------------------

No matter how many times Tsume would attack the demon it would be reflected by his barrier. And if that wasn't the worst part the demon used his wasted energy to create more undead.

"How will get to him? No matter what I do he seems to block it." Tsume asked himself watching the demon carefully while taking care of the undead who swarmed him. "What?!" Something caught his eye that might put an end to it all. He vanished completely fooling the demon boss.

"You never listen." Tsume spoke to his daughter while taking care of the undead behind her, "Listen. This demon believes he has me fooled by his trick but I see right through it. When he uses his magic to bring the others back his barrier drops for a short while. I'll take out a huge group again forcing him to bring them back that's when you attack. I know you can't forgive me and I don't blame you... but we have to do this for you guys to survive."

He awaited her answer as he kept her protected from the undead going after the two.

(OOC: This is leading up to it.)

ShadoWolfDemon

Live Without Warning
"You never listen," Tsume stated as he appeared before Sky. Skyler was startled, but relaxed when she realized it was just her father.

"Do you really expect me to?" she asked aloud. There was a slight edge to her voice, probably from habit, but she was very worried about Tsume.

"Listen. This demon believes he has me fooled by his trick but I see right through it. When he uses his magic to bring the others back his barrier drops for a short while. I'll take out a huge group again forcing him to bring them back that's when you attack. I know you can't forgive me and I don't blame you... but we have to do this for you guys to survive."

Skyler's eyes widened. That was the last thing she was expecting to hear. Suddenly, the weight of what Tsume was requesting dawned on her like an anvil, but she couldn't say no.

But what if I mess up? she thought, though she nodded, her eyes showing determination.

With that, the two Ookami turned back towards the battlefield, readying themselves for the final blow, "Dad, if for some reason you or I don't make it out, I want you to know I don't hate you. Really, I understand now."

Though I still can't forgive you, her mind added on.

***​

Sander shook his head at the quarreling brothers, though he was sympathetic to Kiba. His father had done something similar at the cost of many others' lives.

I still need to tell Brooke about that, he thought to himself, stealing a glance at his sister.

Brooke decided to deal with Kiba who was unconscious from the vicious blow that Kento dealt. She picked his body up and brought him to a tree near Jun and propped him up against it.

"He'll be okay," Brooke muttered to Jun as she sat down. Now all that was left to do was wait and see if Kento was right about Tsume.

Sander finally couldn't take it anymore. It'd been too long for Sky to be out there. "I'm going after your sister," Sander said to Kento. "It wouldn't be fair for both him and Tsume to die, and I can still pack a few punches to these undead before I'm out."

He didn't wait to be stopped, because he knew it was a stupid idea, but he knew from the short time he knew Sky that she'd give her own life up over her father's. Sander wasn't going to stand by and let that happen.

((OOC: Go ahead and control Sky in the next post. Sander won't get there until the very end anyway.))

Hotshot

Kurainaga chuckled, staring down at the bodies laying at his feet. Blood stained his clothes, the walls, the floor, everything. He looked back at where the corpse of the small village's chief lay. The bodies of the chief's guards and servants littered the area, emitting a foul smell that would make most gag, but not Naga. He thirsted for more blood. This small village had been but a test to show the might of the Scroll of Orochi.

Naga cringed, and fell to one knee. "Gah...I lack...control..." he panted, struggling up. "...If I am...to kill the Ookami...I am going...to need...more training..."

He rose, took one last look at his blood-stained masterpiece, and then exited the building. As he walked through the streets of the village, he noticed a shadow streak past.

Heh...must have missed one, he thought, grinning. With that, Naga dashed in the direction of the shadow, the lust for blood becoming apparent in his eyes. When he reached the owner of the shadow, he felt an enormous pressure and weight on his body. He fell to the ground, unable to move.

"...Perrrrfect..." whispered a low, cunning voice. Naga felt a cold breath run down his spine. "...You'll do quite nicely..."

((OOC: Are you planning on reopening the sign-ups, Kiba? If so, I'd like to add two more characters to my list.))

Tsume began to gather more energy for another attack. Hopefully this attack will seal the deal. He leaped over Sky and unleashed the attack on a rather large group. "Now!" He yelled.

Sky mimicked her father and shot at the exact moment aimed for the demon boss. Once his attack landed the demon unaware of Skyler removed his barrier only to be hit by her attack. A large ball of smoke came from the explosion of her attack. "It hit! Is he dead?" She asked looking towards her father.

Tsume looked around the undead who seemed to still be around, "Guess not!" He yelled shooting a blast towards the smoke as it hit its target. The undead vanished and it must have finished him off.

He approached his daughter after all of it was done. Reaching out towards her he began to mess with her hair much like Kento does to Kiba. "You did good. Proud of you. Now let's get back for some rest." He said smiling but soon he winced from pain and fell to his knees coughing up blood.

"Father what's wrong?" Skyler asked rushing to his side.

"Nothing," He said but hiding the fact that he was as good as dead. To him is was worth it to see his clan walk away alive. He stood taking a deep breath. "C'mon the others are waiting."

With that said they continued to the sight where the others were waiting.

--------------------

"He'll be okay," Brooke muttered to Jun as she sat down. Now all that was left to do was wait and see if Kento was right about Tsume.

"You think so?" Jun asked Brooke as she joined her. She reached out and pushed his hair out of his face. When her ice cold gauntlets touched him he twitched and he grabbed her arm.

"Hey..." He started, "Kento, I shouldn't have acted that way." He apologized still laying in his position.

"No you had the right to worry. I just didn't want to see you die for something like that." Kento responded, "I can feel his demonic pressure so that means he's coming. He's coming to say his goodbyes."

(OOC: Yes I was gonna reopen them. Plus I might make the time skip like years later. I know Tsume said something about a few months but having our characters mature a little more might be a cool idea too. Friday is when Vicious and I will go over it.)