• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was a Pokémon walking behind you a nice feature?

supersmew

Let me heal your ⓗ♈ʒ
Was a Pokémon walking behind you a nice feature?

I think it was a amazing feature, do you people agree?

Excitable Boy

is a metaphor
It was mildly stupid. I wouldn't want to see it implemented again, especially not if it include those Golden Leaf thingies for 100% completion.

Shyy_Guii

Absol Fanatic
It was cool in Pokemon Yellow ...

No. 1 Machop Fan

I loved it. I especially loved how your Pokémon would hug you! <3

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I think it was a amazing feature, do you people agree?

It was a nice feature but it didn't really add anything to the gameplay to merit it returning. If Game Freak was to bring it back I hope that they at least give an option where people don't want to have pokémon following them can keep them in the pokéball.

That way I wouldn't have to hear them moaning and complaining over nothing.

ParaChomp

be your own guru
It was cute, nothing else. Now if it had some game changing effect, than by all means.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
Since it's totally optional, I see no problem in allowing it. Might as well, some people seem to really like it.

Lucario95

Behold The Aura!
I like the feature, but I don't care much if they include it or not.

Shaylup

debeo capere omnes
I used my bike most of the time anyway, but when I did walk it was really nice. Cute. It feels odd not to have it when I play a lot of HG/SS then switch to a different game.

Xionea

Half a centaur
I thought it was fun. Seeing a Snorlax try to run with you was cute to watch. I wouldn't tear up over it if it didn't appear again, though.

moneylesswario

Gone But Not Forgotten
I liked it, I don't know why they took it out.

Pikafleg

Twenty-Six!
I loved it! I mean some of you that don't like it have a point that it is sorta pointless, but it is nice and cute and I wish it WOULD effect the game more...it was though especially cool how in HG/SS the pokemon knew whether they had an advantage or disadvantage in a gym, and barked/"yelled" at bad people (namely team rocket) and noticed scenery/water and stuff...if anything, perhaps there should be an option to not have the pokemon at times walk with you, that you could like control (other than I suppose the bike, which technically does work that way but still).

And actually, once when I started to play yellow version after apparantly having played HG/SS way too much (assuming, of course, there is such a thing as "too much" pokemon), like a hundred times I told/confused myself that pikachu was the first one in my party since it (of course) was walking behind me, lol!

Squiddly Dee

∈ (⊙ ⊖ ⊙) ∋
I loved it in HG/SS! It's a shame that it doesn't look like they're bringing it back again for X/Y.

I liked it in Yellow, because it had a nice effect on the game.

In HgSs, I didn't like it as well, I guess because it didn't seem to me that it would happen in that paradigm. Having a legendary or an extremely large Pokemon behind you made it kinda weird looking. If they made it optional, sure, but idc.

*~Silver*~

I liked it and thought it was cute and everything, but it didn't really contribute to the game play. I wouldn't mind seeing it again, as I really did kind of like it. xD

I would love to see it again, since Heartgold was my first Pokemon game it was weird when I got a new game and my Pokemon wasn't following me. I'd be glad if they added it again though.