• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Not really, did you expect Turtwig to do better against Hippowndon, Claydol, Drapion then Torterra? its not an exception, the writers just messed up and didnt give it a win because they were to worried giving 300 wins to Infernape.

While i will agree the writers messed up on torterra, i don't believe Infernape is the problem.

Is this business with Palpitoad stemming from today's episode?

MastersOfMonsters

~Yaoi FanBoy~
While i will agree the writers messed up on torterra, i don't believe Infernape is the problem.

Today's episode?! Of, you mean of the English Dub, right?

LizardonX

Banned
The volkner ep could have been resolved by making it a 4v4 with Ash using Gible as his fourth for the fall guy and have Torterra beat Raichu.

Pepsi_Plunge

Dojyaaa~~aan

I'm not blaming it on Infernape, I'm saying the writers were so worried focusing so much on him they forgot Torterra so I'm blaming ti on the writers I don't blame stuff on fictional characters.

Today or this week?

No the thread has been up for two weeks or so, even before we saw the random Palpitoad in this week episode.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I believe that was his redemption for losing against Empoleon and Darkrai?

Nah. I prefer it the way it is. If there had to be a punching bag I'm glad it's Torterra and not Gible.

Lol cuz losing his battle after being captured two seconds earlier was so bad right??

HOW ****ING DARE YOU!!!

MattySadler

People on serebii use 'powerhouse' way too much. I like Palpitoad, would like to see it become a Seismitoad though. I don't view his Unova team as any stronger or weaker than any of his other teams. They share a lot of similarities (grass starter, flying type, etc). I've never been one for ALL of his Pokemon evolving, but I look at Oshawott, Snivy and Scraggy and can't help but want more. Also think they might miss the boat on an interesting 'trade story' in which Boldore becomes Gigalith, maybe gets separated from Ash for a while, whilst Ash gains possession of another Pokemon that evolves via trade, before being reunited.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
People on serebii use 'powerhouse' way too much. I like Palpitoad, would like to see it become a Seismitoad though. I don't view his Unova team as any stronger or weaker than any of his other teams. They share a lot of similarities (grass starter, flying type, etc). I've never been one for ALL of his Pokemon evolving, but I look at Oshawott, Snivy and Scraggy and can't help but want more. Also think they might miss the boat on an interesting 'trade story' in which Boldore becomes Gigalith, maybe gets separated from Ash for a while, whilst Ash gains possession of another Pokemon that evolves via trade, before being reunited.

Snivy at the very least lol.

LizardonX

Banned
And here I thought the league was a prime opportunity for Ash to use his most neglected pokemon, but given the way things are looking now I'll be glad if all we see of palpitoad is a 1 second snapshot of him beating a COTD if that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And here I thought the league was a prime opportunity for Ash to use his most neglected pokemon, but given the way things are looking now I'll be glad if all we see of palpitoad is a 1 second snapshot of him beating a COTD if that.

Lol the league is about rat spamming bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.