• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was Palpitoad being captured a mistake?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhyHelloThere

Only Kira calls it Flopitoad.

And it's a silly opinion.

Also, notice they didn't explain said opinion.

Last edited:

spikyearedpichu

Dawn of the XY Era
Since BW32 air, four differences thoughts came to my little pichu brain:

1. It was weird seen a double captured in an episode...(I know best wishes breaks tradition)
2. So maybe both captures were last minute addition (Stunfisk also miss a lot of episodes)
3. Palpitoad move sets were mean to be more amazing...Earthquake, EarthPower, Muddywater but after the earthquake in 2011, is role was cut down!!
4. Palpitoad was meant to be on team plasma based episodes!!

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
As everyone has noticed, Palpitoad has the least screentime and appearances of all of Ash's Unova Pokemon. I am guessing its mainly because its another water pokemon, and with Oshawott being the star, Palpitoad doesn't have much to do.

What I don't understand is why they don't focus on it more. It's facial expressions are very comical, I could have easily seen it being the next Corphish if it were Ash's main water pokemon this gen.

At this point Unova is over, and Palpitoad seems like it's "just there." What do you think?

No Cyber. It was a great choice. But BW has alot of similarities like Kanto did back then. Palpitaod is basically the Kingler or this series. And anywho, what about Boldore? It needs more apearance too.

Groundedshock

Effective on ground
Paplitoad has been useful and powerful BUT they didn't need to cut his negative personality at all. That could have been great for development sure he is heading for the Kingler route but it feels like he does not appear mainly because the writers are afraid he will somehow outshine Oshawott in personality and marketiability.

Anyway that will never happen. He is stronger than Oshawott and has funny faces and because he hardly appears his appearance is more well received than most Pokemon.

RickHoenn

Banned
How so? I catch a lot of pokemon in the games that I never ever use..

I see it as a Kingler 2.0

It'll appear in the Unova League. Just wait for it. And I wouldn't be shocked if it evolves.

and I wouldn't be shocked if all it did was get a short victory scene like Snorlax did in Sinnoh

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
No it was not a mistake, Palpitoad is the best and he will reign supreme at the league.. hopefully evolving, ala Kingler.

Cresselia92

SM Ash = New Ash
More than mistake, the most appropriate words are "wasted potential".

Surely Palpitoad isn't treated very well (a trait shared by his pond friend, Stunfisk), but at least he is treated better than Kingler. He needs some development, but who knows if the writers will give him what he deserves. At this point, I wouldn't be really surprised if he becomes a mix between Kingler (powerful Water-type) and Croagunk (three moves syndrome and lack of evolution). Hopefully the second part doesn't happen.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Palpitoad will get used more down the road. It's just that people need to understand that if Ash needs a water Pokemon he has another one as well as him, so there is no reason for a panic attack.

I aslo think some are coming off a bit harsh to everyone. Not everyone will like all of Ash's Pokemon including me but you have to admit that his team needs work. I wouldn't have mind some changes done to his team as well as Palpitaod. But it's here so there is no use in arguing.

Last edited:

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
Lol, a mistake? Only time Ash made a mistake at catching something was when he caught that rice ball back in Kanto! :p He ate it though so lets just forget about it.

Anyways, Palpitoad's capture was intentional cause Ash noticed him being "strong" besides he's a cool Pokemon and its not like he's been mistreated. *looks at Kingler, Muk and 30 Tauros* Maybe he could appear more and learn some new moves though...

The only capture I consider a mistake was his Tauros as he kept catching them by accident

Status
Not open for further replies.