• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

SomeRandomLunatic

Aaron: Super Easy
Bertha: Easy
Flint: Easy
Lucian: Easy (My Houndoom knows crunch...)
Cynthia: Hard

Pretty good training, but their not good.

Kazuki Mirai

Full Restore using bards... >>;;

Aaron: Sweep most of his team with Staraptor. Drapion was kind of difficult.
Bertha: Easy, sweep 'em away with Torterra and Gyarados.
Flint: I frickin' laugh at this battle.
Lucian: Crunching them away with Luxray and Torterra, his Bronzong was a pain though.
Cynthia: Quite a challenge, her Spiritomb was difficult with it having no weakness, it took one Head Smash from Rampardos though. Beat her Gastrodon and Lucario with Torterra. Ice Fang her Garchomp. Staraptor finishes Roserade for the win.

Biechae

all of them were easy except for cynthia.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
Perhaps they are pretty easy when your Pokémon are at levels 55 and above...I went by with Pokémon between 45 and 51. It was rather difficult for me, considering that I deliberately chose not to use any Ubers. And very strange Pokémon, like Lopunny. Her Foresight makes Drifblim and Spiritomb less of a threat than they'd normally be.

MysticKenji

YOU'REOPEN
It was difficult at first, but here's how it is for me now:

Aaron: Too easy
Bertha: The hardest of the four, not too bad though
Flint: Pwned!
Lucian: Easy
Cynthia: Annoying. >_< Spiritomb is the hardest to KO.

Dragetre

dur-ahh-get-urr
Aaron: Easy
Bertha: Normal/Casual
Flint: Easy
Lucian: Hard
Cynthia: Hard

Although in both my Diamond and Pearl, I went through the whole Elite 4 in one swipe, I found the last two to be slightly hard.

meh

suave
im just kinda mad that nintendo would actually put a fire guy when u can only get 2, yes 2, fire pokemon befor the national dex WHAT WERE THEY THINKING

Golde

Always Searching~
Aaron-OHKD everything
Bertha-Took me a minute to ko her Quagsire, that was about it...
Flint-sucked
Lucian-took me a try, thats only because of Bronzong.
Cynthia-was super easy.

At the end my level 54 Parukia was my highest level pokemon

Silver_Dialga

lieks Mudkips
Aaron was mostly easy but his Heracross's Close Combat gave my Empoleon, Blue Star, some trouble. I managed to take it out, though. After that, his other Pokemon didn't stand a chance against Drill Peck and Thunder Fang( from Thundara the Luxray ).
Bertha's Pokemon took some time, but didn't pose much threat.
Flint was pretty easy.
Most of Lucian's Pokemon were pushovers when presented with the might of CRUNCH! :D ( Thundara again. ) But Bronzong irritated me with Double Team and Calm Mind. Still, that was mostly all it used, and it soon became a matter of DarkSilver ( Dialga ) slowly hacking away at the Bronzong's health with Dragon Claw.
Cynthia: Not too hard.

FloofehKitteh

Dawnflower
I hated this League. I also hated the fact that I found it incredibly hard to level up. If there was a better place to level up I would have cleared this league easier.

I find that the champions have all stayed hard, but ever since RBY the League has gotten easier. But this can be attributed to the fact that we're more prepared for what's going to happen after playing the older versions. -shrugs-

Princess Reina

lalala....
People are bashing Aaron for using bug-type pokemon. I love bug types and I like him for liking bugs but if I was him I would modify his team a little. Aaron is easy to beat because his pokemon dont use TM/Egg moves and probably theirs EVs are random. If someone trains pokemon well, they will win.... even if they are bugs. Almost every trainer in the game is easy to beat. If you think bad about bug types, try to win to someone REAL then. Real people have better strategies than virtual-trainers.

fhqwhgads

ODFlame

Upcoming Gym Leader
its been a pushover since Kanto the first time round

Aaron - Blast Burn OHKO Drapion, OHKO Aerial Ace bugs

Bertha - Grass Knot OHKO Quag, Brave Bird OHKO Whiscash, Surf OHKO Hippo, Aura Sphere OHKO Sudo & Golem

Flint - .....OHKO Everything Rapidash - OHKO Thunder, Infernape - OHKO Aerial Ace, Steelix - OHKO Blast Burn, Lopunny - OHKO Aura Sphere, Drifblim - OHKO Thunder

Lucian - Mr. Mime - OHKO Crunch, Bronzong - OHKO Blast Burn, Alakazam - OHKO Crunch the other 2 OHKO anyways

Cynthia - Spiritomb the one of 2 non-OHKO 2HKO Hydro Pump, OHKO the rest OHKO except Garchomp...that was a challenge with no ice or dragon pokemon but good ol' Strapator Aerial Ace & Heals

Champion - 36:28 Debut

Team - Infernape - 62, Staraptor - 63, Golduck - 60, Lucario - 61, Graveller - 59, Luxray - 61

El D

Dem foos is stoned
I think they were easier than past generations but still quite hard. I got through them with lvl 54s but thats only cos I used a LOT of Revives and Full Restores XD. Lucario was probably the hardest for me cos I had to constanly change pokemon if I wanted to keep using Revives :p

EXACT same as me against lucario1 My levels were only 50 as well XD

Aaron: Drapion was te only difficulty, otherwise, he's a joke.

Bertha: Hippowdon wouldn't get OHKOed so it not only hit back, but hard. After though I took it out. Quagsire and Whishcash were both OHKOed by my Infernapes Grass Knot.

Flint: Two fire types? Easy but a little troubling.

Lucian: Alakazam was the only hardest one.

Cynthia: Lucarion was hell. Then Garchomp.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Bertha was a pushover, Bronzong, Drapion and Spiritomb annoyed me though.

Trainer Evan

Local Crackpot
I beat the E4 on my FIRST runthrough with pokemon in the range of 48 to 50. No EV training, though I did get Pokerus quite early in the game.

Aaron: Bug? BUG? Vespiquen was the only one that phased me for about thirty seconds.
Bertha: Not really threatening at all. Magical Leaf = Yay!
Flint: As much as I loved the variety of his team, it was really easy to beat (his Lopunny is a pain in the rump to see, though).
Lucian: Bronzong had me worried 'till I killed it.
Cynthia: Nice battle and all. I was suprised when my sucky Luxray pulled me through against Milotic and won me the battle.

Cassiel

Goddess of Mischief
Aaron: Since I used a lots of Fire and Electric types attack, I won pretty easily. But that Drapion didn't give me much chances..
Bertha: Tooked Whiscash and Quagsire down with Giga Drain.. and Magical Leaves. The rest are piece of cake.
Flint: His Lopunny gaves me challenges.. But tooked out Steelix, Infernape, and Rapidash with Empoleon's Brine.. Tooked out Driftblim w/ Discharge
Lucian: Pretty hard. Alakazam, Girafarig, and Mr. Mime with Crunches, Medicham.. Beated with Flare Blitz ._. And Bronzong with Flare Blitz too.
Cynthia: Challenging and pretty long story since I need around 15 minutes to beat her o_O

Sarracenia

Pokémagpie Zog
I found the actual elite four fairly easy, with the only problem being Flint (Main 3 pokés torterra, carnivine and luxray) but Cynthia took me a long time, albeit without any losses. If anything I found these harder than all the past E4s bar R/B's.