• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

Serbaayuu

Pokemon Collector
Well it only took me two tries to get through and even so my Pokemon were all pretty low levels. High 50s to med 60s, the only one I really had trouble with was Cynthia.

Not exactly pushovers but extremely easy if you know their Pokemon beforehand and have a team full of type advantages.

Camoako

Meditating...
well if you thought this was easy just remember the times you spent with the elite foru of the rubie & sapphire series!! :-D

Abs0l

Dark Pokemon Trainer
Aaron: Nothing, too easy
Bertha: Torterra destroys her team..
Flint: annoying because only 2 fire types
Lucian: the hardest out of all of them imo
Cynthia: Dialga took of most of the team, took a few trys because I didn't want milotic to use ice beam on torterra.

roy_vos

Pkmn researcher
the elite 4 was to easy.. the only pokemon that are somtimes a little bit hard are Drapion, Hippopotas and Bronzong.
if i was them, them must train there pomeon to a hight lv. thust like in leaf green/ fire red

gigaslave

The Elite Four themselves are poorly, although not as "lol, Surf/Psychic/BoltBeam Starmie sweeps them all at once" like the Kanto Elite Four.

-Aaron could have done better with his Heracross. Drapion is an interesting curveball, and his use of Vespiquen I approve.
-What's up with the evil evil DT Quagsire Bertha's packing?! Hippowdon was a major annoyance with its massive HP.
-Flint's team, lack of Fire-type notwithstanding, is pretty meh. He needs more klutz-trickeroo Lopunny and a better Infernape moveset.
-Lucian had a pretty interesting but lacking team. At least the Mime and Bronzong combo was quite a 1-2 whammy.

Cynthia's team - Spiritomb has No Weak, Garchomp is a fast and painful sweeper, Milotic is as tank as ever. If she had better movesets and held items, she would have made many people RAGE over the difficulty - How about a Round 2 Team for her in the inevitable Crystal counterpart to round out the Gen4 Triangle, gamefreak?

(BTW, anyone can sweep all 5 of these high-level ingame trainers without breaking a sweat with L80s, but that's a given.)

Personally I found Sinnoh's elite four to be much stronger than Hoenn's elite four. I usually battle the Elite Four a few levels below their pokemon. The only reason why their Pokemon were limited was because of the Sinnoh Pokemon. 150 pokemon was IMO, pretty low.

THe ones that gave me rough time were

Aaron: Vesquien, Drapion
Bertha: Whiscash because of its high special defense
Flint: Infernape and Driflblim
Lucian: Medicham, Bronzong
Cythnia: Milotic

Note: I'm getting a little tired of the ELite Four. WHy not have the Elite Five and make them formidable foes.

Theneedleman

crazyengage
I had to train a lot before I could take them on, I sped through the game.
Cynthia was the only one that was much of a challenge though.

Blue Houndoom

Fire-type Lover
The first three were easy, but Lucian gave me some trouble. I didn't have a strong flying-type, and Medicham could counter all my Pokemon with the elemental punches, but I eventually killed it.

Cynthia's Milotic was annoying, because, like the newb I am, I used a special-based electric attack on her and got killed by the Mirror Coat. Oops. Otherwise, it was a breeze. Garchomp was surprisingly easy to kill.

Overall, they weren't all pushovers, and they put up a good fight. At least they were better than the Elite Four in G/S/C, lol.

Last edited:

Doma

Reckoner.

E4 Lucian and Cynthia [Shirona] had made my hair fall out [almost lol]. They're the ones that gave me a challenge for sure.

The Sinnoh E4 were ok. And much love to the Bug trainer for sure.

Espeon's Jewl

likes pie
I think this elite four was a lot harder then my firered. To beat them, I never even had to restart once, and I only had two decent pokemon. For the Sinnoh elite four, especially the Champion, I had to restart multiple times, even with palkia. I have to admit though.. Aaron was really easy. The biggest problem I had in Sinnoh though is that I had no ethers. By the time I got to the champion, I had like 3 pp in everything.

ShenBoi

Gold Hero
It was okay

AARON: too easy
Bertha: it was okay but here quagsire was annoying
Flint: Was really annoyin expecially infernape
Lucian: was pretty easy...until i ran out of good pp moves
Cynthia was okay;

Shellos

From the East Sea!
I pretty much only used two pokemon (Golduck and Dialga) to take them down. Bronzong was annoying, and I had to reset for him. I also had to reset for Cynthia's stupid Lucario and Aura Sphere...
But only two resets. I snorted at Aaron's bug types. Bertha could have had a lot more of potential. Flint was a little disappointing, tbh.
And also keep in mind that at the time, my Dialga was only lv 50-60 or so, I can't remember. Golduck wasn't even level 50..I attached a Metronome to Dialga and a Splash Plate to Golduck.
Overall, not very difficult..

MasterTrainer_J

Aaron:easy
Bertha: Her stupid Quagesire used up most of my pokemons PP with it's Protection
Flint: easy
lucian: Really hard... took me a few tries
cynthia: not that hard, once i figured out her pokemons weakness

They were hard for me at first because I had weak and I mean WEAK pokemon until I got mewtwo well..
AAron:made NOOOOOOOOOO sense Bug cmon EASY especilly with Infernape as starter
Berta:a little more challinging I still hate Quagsire :D
flint:like you said MORE FIRE!
lucian:O_____O
cynthia:messed me up alot
well I beat my Game in 15 Hours because I saved In front of every one

Magmar Master

They weren't too easy

and mabye they were were made easy because lots of people just wanted to get the national dex quickly

mew..

What do you want?
they were semi easy. i beat them with my party, then i lost to them. iwht an all uber team...actually i lost to bertha and her quagsire whom i hate

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
I thought it was hard... But that might of been because of my teams low levels.
Flint would of been ok if he had pokemon with fire type moves, but his driftloon had nothing to do with fire at all!