• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

aaron:easy
bertha: little harder
flint: challenging
lucian: very challenging
cynthia: very very challenging
this gen wasnt a pushover disregarding aaron

Same but reall easy until Lucian and his Bronzong. But, when you have a special online resource, [not Serebii :(] that tells you the elite fours moveset and not just the pokemon it just goes by faster.

Kataphrut

The first time was tough, but the second time was fairly easy.

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I've noticed that the first gen had by far the highest levels on the E4. Lance almost made me cry in frustration when I was a kid (yet again I attempted to go through the entire game with only a Charizard cause I didn't know what I was doing)

E4 Edo

I tried to pass it with pokemon 55 or below and man it was hard... i had to restart lucian and cynthia about 20 times each i was annoyed

shinybagon

Looovveee<3
I don't think so.
They were medium, as long as you have a good counter for thier main pokes, the strongest ones.

Aaron was far to easy, I had a harder time with the Electric Gym Dude, that battle took me about three minutes.

neo_senku

I don't think so.
They were medium, as long as you have a good counter for thier main pokes, the strongest ones.

Aaron was far to easy, I had a harder time with the Electric Gym Dude, that battle took me about three minutes.

If they wanted to make a bug elite for this shoud've been his team

forretress-

toxic spikes
protect
earthquake
explosion

heracross-

close combat
megahorn
aerial ace
night slash

Drapion

crosspoison
ice fang
earthquake
x-scissor

vespiquen

as it is

scizor
agility
x-scissor
iron head
aerial ace

elite_nidoking

Unofficial GymLeader
Aaron was easy to mow down with my team composed of ground, rock, and steel types (earth)
Bertha... i think im in love with her she was a fun challenge for me cuz it was like fightin myself
Flint was an easy opponent fire v me is a bad idea
Lucian... OOooooohh i hated this little SoB... thank the poke gawds my bastiodon had a high Sp Defense
and Cynthia once i got thru her garchomp her milotic was on me... then her Gastrodon.. THERE WAS NO END TO THE PAIN!! the hardest way to play any pokemon game is to play with your favorite type i barely made it out of any elite four when i play the game that way

crazymoose

Tailow!
im new here but im bored so imgoing to post:
aaron- uber easy!
bertha- a little harder
flint- quite hard
lucian- easy as heck(my rapidash knows megahorn!)
cynthia- not too hard except spiritbomb

RYKUU

Water Trainer
im new here but im bored so imgoing to post:
aaron- uber easy!
bertha- a little harder
flint- quite hard
lucian- easy as heck(my rapidash knows megahorn!)
cynthia- not too hard except spiritbomb

I agree with you there, although i finished it a while ago, cynthia definately was just a bit harder with spiritbomb, still dont get why they have a bug elite four.

Corvus

I personally found it way too easy. I did my standard "Hey, my Pokemon are horribly weak with terrible Natures and none higher than Lv. 54, let's take on the Elite Four! Won't that be a lark!" thing, if just to check out the lineup of the first one or two before I was wiped out.

And who did I come up against first? A Bug-type trainer. I mean, the hell, yo? I love Bugs and am probably one of the few people who bothered to train my Kricketune to a respectable level, but really, beyond novelty value, the large majority are pretty much worthless. So that was Aaron out all too easily.

I then proceeded to breeze through the remainder, only coming into a bit of trouble with Cynthia (though I was only stuck on her Garchomp, and Perish Song {by my Kricketune, no less} finished that off too).

So yeah. If they can be beaten by a team consisting of a space-filling Lv. 24 HM mule Bibarel and a Kricketune, none up to level 55, I think there's something *really* wrong with their tactics.

Gryphie

It was easy/medium. I mowed through them with my lvl 7-something not-even-ev-trained Starraptor but when the moves ran out it was a bit hard.

brawly14

fighting master
I didn't like how Flint had pokemon not of his types...

qwerty0805

Ownage Trainer
They were pushovers, it took me like 7 tries in fire red and in pearl it only took me 2 tries.

AJ302

meh theyre not any more difficult/easy than previous generations
just need the right pokemon to counter.
i cleared them with three level 60's; sneasel, medicham and i used pachirisu for milotic. only one i had trouble with was Garchomp as Sneasel didnt have enough to take him out with ice shard (still working on breeding sneasel with ice punch and didnt want to waste teaching avalanche on it)

AJ302

meh theyre not any more difficult/easy than previous generations
just need the right pokemon to counter.
i cleared them with three level 60's; sneasel, medicham and i used pachirisu for milotic. only one i had trouble with was Garchomp as Sneasel didnt have enough to take him out with ice shard (still working on breeding sneasel with ice punch and didnt want to waste teaching avalanche on it)

akhilys

I'll agree that the first 3 of the Elite Four weren't difficult, but I had trouble with Alakazam and Bronzong. I beat Cynthia on my second try, but I was reviving pokemon almost every turn, and if the pokemon I had out didn't get KO'd, I would heal and send out the full hp one. I remember relying on Roar of Time heavily for one-shotting things, because Dialga was so much stronger than my other pokemon at the time.

MetalFire

well it took me like 2 hours to study the guides,the sinnoh dex,before i could pick a team to face the leagus.they are harder these time around

DieChavsDie

Now, I beat them first time, with a team consisting of all Level 50s. (Torterra, Staraptor, Hippowdon, Vespiquen, Gastrodon, Drifblim)

Aaron: Suprisingly, I found him the second hardest of the elites. I didnt want to waste my Staraptors PP, so I used Vespiquen (Nobody else was gonna be Power Gemmed, so he might as well be). Vespiquen VS Vespquen can be quite nasty.

Bertha: Slaughtered using just Torterra (Quag and Whiscash) and Gastrodon (Sudowoodo, Golem and Hippowdon). Scoring a 1HKO on all, except Hippowdon, which was a 4HKO

Flint: The hardest elite. Almost all of his team was easy, but his Rapidash was a pain. It took out my Gastrodon, Torterra and Hippowdon (Admitedly, all 3 were Crit Haxed) before dying to Staraptor. The rest of the team fell like flies

Lucian: Psychics, meet Vespiquen, then meet a swarm of bees flying into your face. :D That worked. Alakazam, Mr Mime and Girafarig all fell to Vespiquen, and Drifblim took out Medicham. Hippowdon took out Bronzong with Crunch.

Cynthia: I dunno if I got lucky, or if she was just easy. Got Spiritomb down to 1/3 of its health by Gastrodon, and it switched to Roserade. I switched to Vespiquen, 1HKOing with Attack Order. She then used Milotic, so I used Staraptor, which Outsped, Brave Birded and Critical Hitted. 1HKO. Next Spiritomb was back to die to Gastrodon, and her Gastrodon to die to Torterra.

Then came Garchomp, who I whittled down with Drifblim (Reviving it each time it fainted to abuse Aftermath). Afterwards was Lucario, and Hippowdon took the final kill, 1HKOing with EQ.

So yeah. Most of the E4 were pushovers.