• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
I personally think that the Elite four was a mess and a pushover this generation. Here are just some thoughts on them:

Aaron: Why the Heck are you using Bug type pokemon? Fire type pokemon can crush them, and half of them were part flying, giving weaknesses to Ice and Rock type moves..
Because they were underrated and deserved some screentime. Don't state his obvious weaknesses, because every team's gonna have one. That's like eating pastry, and going like, there's not enough salt in here.

Bertha: Quagisire and Whishcash were the only ones with real defence against a Water type pokemon, but they still could be taken down by a Palkia's Surf.
Yeah, and then you b*tch on about how Flint's team ISN'T weak to Water-type Pokemon.

Flint: What?! He only had 2 fire pokemon. The Rest were Steelix, Lopunny, and Drifblim. Ditch those three and add in another couple Infernapes and Rapidashes why don't ya..
You contradict yourself completely. First, you talk about how the previous Elite Four members were easy to take down type-advantage wise, then you talk sh*t about how Flint has a balanced team? As a matter of fact, if all Elite Four were like Flint, they would probably be a challenge.

Lucian: Bronzong + Mr. Mime's Barrier/Reflect was probally the best combo yet. Bravo to you Lucian. He was probally the only one who had a pokemon that couldn't be OHKO'd by anything under lv 65.
Good point, there.

Cynthia: Good Pokemon, although I would ditch Roserade if I were her, and add in a Gyrados instead.
I think that was kind of your opinion completely.

Aaron: Pretty good movesets for "weak" Pokemon. If the restricted National Dex Pokemon existed, add a Yanmega.
Bertha: Actually, she does a pretty good job of stalling. Quagsire and Whiscash were bulky, and Sudowoodo wasn't a Ground-type.
Flint: He does a good job BECAUSE his team was balanced. Steelix, Lopunny, and Drifblim blew some people off, didn't they?
Lucian: Could have added some NON PSYCHIC TYPES.
Shirona: Perfect. Enough said.

Affirmative

STOP RESETTIN'!
yeah (i beat Bertha's level 59 Golem with a level 39 Torterra that has seed bomb)

help

Wi-fi name is Spice
I don't think they were too easy. The 2nd gen was to easy, but Lucian was definetly a hard guy to beat. Stupid psychics.

Mythic Mist

Indecent Exposure
They were kinda hard...Especially since I only had three pokemon i bothered to train(Starraptor, Infernape, and Gastrodon)...

Falco320

The Golden summit!!
Aaron= Easy
Bertha= Quasire was annoying
Flint= Easy
Lucian= Bronzong was annoying
Champion Cynthia= was fairly hard

over all they were not push overs.

but FR/LG was hard after the fist time you beat them.

Pro Gamer

Aaron and Cynthia were easy.

swampert55

I had Empoleon lv 89, and the rest of my team in lv 40s. I used only Empoleon, mainly through brute force.
Aaron-Drill Peck/Ice Beam
Bertha-Grass Knot
Flint-Hydro Pump/Ice Beam
Lucian-Ice Beam, but Mr. Mime survived for a couple turns.
Cynthia-Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/Grass Knot, Garchomp's Earthquake did do a lot of damage though.

HarleyScarow

Emerald Shinigami
Like, I'll admit that the Sinnoh Elite Four wasn't all it was cracked up to be, but don't you think it was harder than the Hoenn Elite Four?

Oh, and a little uniqueness that I picked up from Wikipedia. Wait, I added it myself!
* The Pokémon used by Sinnoh Elite Four are higher than Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald series, from 53—66.
* This version of the Elite Four has the strongest main-storyline AI trainers to date.
* Many Sinnoh Elite Four members have outside relations (Bertha to Agatha, Flint to Buck, Lucian to Will).
* The Sinnoh Elite Four is the first to not have any of its trainers using specialized types that would be considered "rare".
* Unlike the previous Elite Four, most of the Sinnoh Elite Four have Pokémon that are not of their specialized type.
* It is mentionable that Sinnoh Elite Four is the first that does not have a member who specializes in Dragon-Type Pokemon.
* The members of the Sinnoh Elite Four are the first to not have any lower-staged forms or any copies of another Pokémon in an arsenal.
* The Sinnoh Elite Four marks the first time there has ever been a female Champion in the series.

Gogot

In a Kids show!?
It's not that I can't get pass them...I just I keep on running out of PP, and with no Ethers :(

"L"

Wow, someone b*ching about how easy it was to beat people with mono-type teams.

Bertha's Quagsire, or Haxsire as I call it is annoying. Generally easy to beat, I only had trouble with Garchomp, but not that big a deal considering my Pokemon were 40-57 range.

Hauntershadow92

The Mono-type Man
Aaron: Staraptor OHKO'ed every BUG. OHKO'ed with Gastrodon Drapion.
1/10, worst E-4 ever.
Bertha: OHKO'ed everyone with Roserade and Gastrodon, then two shots at Hippowdon.
3/10, just for Hippowdon.
Flint: Wierd team for a Fire trainer, but w/e. OHKO'ed everyone.
3/10, just for being sort of hard.
Lucian: Pretty easy with a Spiritomb. OHKO everyone.
5/10, just because he would probably been a problem if I didn't have Spiritomb.
Cynthia: Ok, this is where it got hard. I thought "Hey, the rest were horrible, so this will be easy." I shouldn't of let my guard down. Not even one OHKO. It took me 5 minutes to win. All of my Pokes had less than 100 HP left. It was crazy.
7/10.
Overall
6/10, just for Cynthia. She brought up the entire E-4.

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
Aaron: Real easy, KOed them with my Empoleon.
Bertha: Also easy, KOed them with my Empoleon, again.
Flint: Medium, The only problem was Infernape, because it knows thunderpunch & nearly KOed my Empoleon, the rest was easy, KOed with my Empoleon.
Lucian: Kind of easy, KOed them all with my Empoleon's surf.
Cynthia: Kind of easy, I thought that Lucario was going to KO my Empoleon, but it didn't, KOed them with my Empoleon (Again).

Overall: 4/10
Kind of easy.

falloutdragon

Draco Kaiser
they were hard i guess but no elite four is easy for me cause i make sure i have 55 and up 6 pokes i love beating the elite four with good but not too good pokes it really fun 4 me

The Wizard of LOZ

THE CAKE IS A LIE!!!
Yes, beat them using a lvl 48 Dialga and a lvl 50 infernape and about 20 revives

Blazios

I managed to beat them going in with a Level 50 Torterera as my strongest. Bertha was still a pushover but the whole thing cost me at least 35 Revives and Full Restores.

Rensch

The E4 was not too hard nor too easy. However, the champion can be a pain. Especially Milotic and Garchomp if you don't have a move like Ice Beam.