• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
ithought they were in the moderate range not as good as R/B/Y but not as weak as G/S/C(they had like 50 as the highest level or somthing like that) in the middle ground like hoen were you could be ko'd if your not careful still.

My lvl 53 Blissey 6-0ed Cynthia.

lol Defense Curl / Softboiled / Charge Beam / Water Pulse. Hah, Cynthia didn't have a chance.

sora247

~Ding Dong~
i think it was quite easy apart from lucian and cynthias garchomp.
Aaron-Killed with Staraptor
Bertha-Empoleon/Torterra or any water type. masacerred
Flint: Infernape only problem coz of speed.
Lucian: if you didn't chose infernape or didn't have a rapidash annoying.
Cynthia: easy apart from garchomp.

well thats my take on the E4 i personally think Fire red and Leaf Green had a harder E4.

aaron:can be wiped out with 3 types so easy!!!
beartha:roserade beat them all with no sweat
flint:his pokemon are good in their own ways but he only has 2 fire pokemon so he is not that hard
lucian:defently hard if u cant beat his alakazam(it killed me 3 times!!! but now i can beat it with no sweat)or bronzong
cynthia:kinda hard if u have the right pokemon frikin hard if u have the totally wrong pokemon

flint:his pokemon are good in their own ways but he only has 2 fire pokemon so he is not that hard
lucian:defently hard if u cant beat his alakazam(it killed me 3 times!!! but now i can beat it with no sweat)or bronzong
cynthia:kinda hard if u have the right pokemon frikin hard if u have the totally wrong pokemon

the fire red elite 4 was cool cause they all raised lvls and got better pokemon which ment better training!

goliath_unit

aaron- took out his four bugs with infernape, and gastrodon for drapion
bertha- roserade swept her
flint- gastrodon took out rapidash, infernape and steelix. infernape defeated lopunny and luxray beat drifblim
lucian- was pretty hard. alakazam and bronzong were difficult, and mr. mime's barriers were annoying. defeated mr. mime and alakazam with luxray, and defeated bronzong SLOWLY with Honchkrow, since it was immune to EQ and psychic.
cynthia- i just used toxic on spiritomb with vespiquen, milotic with luxray, gastrodon with roserade, gastrodon with garchomp, infernape with lucario and honchkrow with roserade, though it was harder than just saying that.

the first three were easy, but the last two were difficult. i'd say the second most difficult, but johto's was easy and too low leveled and the hoenn just sucked.

gomets

Human Snorlax
Aaron: His Drapion gets annoying against a Level 50-something Crobat without HP Ground, and Machamp's Earthquake fails to OHKO. Otherwise a pushover.

Bertha: Azelf? Grass Knot? Easy.

Flint: Rapidash Bouncing the first turn is a perfect time for Gyarados to set up Dragon Dance(s) and rampage the whole team. Therefore, a pushover.

Lucain: Harder. He gets killed by Crunch, and the Bronzong is easy, but watching out for Flare Blitz recoil.

Cynthia: You can use Gyarados again here, setting up on the Spiritomb a few times then rampaging. Luckily she is short on Electric moves.

this gen was defintaly a pushover even as far as levels like 10 levels below other gens

Xenaero

The Sun Will Rise~
Only Cynthia gave me any trouble whatsoever. I lost my first two pokemon due to being under-prepared, but overall wasn't as much of a challenge as I was expecting.

I think the Elite Four have been getting easier as the generations move on. Or, we're getting better at training. Maybe both?

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
A little snippet I'd like to share

Elite
(often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons

The 'Elite 4' do not fulfil this requirement, the champion is a different story in fact now I think about it theres only 2 pkmn that I think possibly presents any sort of challenge to the gamer, Lucian's Bronzong due to Bronzong just generally being irratating and Cythnia's Garchomp as its pretty powerful. Anyway thats just my opinion.

jiang

Toguro-sama's 100%
this gen's e4 is good enough of a challenge for me.
aaron- weak bug types except for his drapion which can give some bit of trouble
bertha- leafeon would be enough to toy with her pokes
flint- he should have more real fire types
lucian- this is a challenge hehe
cynthia- her pokes are quite tough,

Slowking[George]

#SPP-WiFi HOP
I had this team when I challenged the Elite Four:
Torterra l.67
Infernape l.65
Empoleon l.65
Staraptor l.66
Luxray l.66
Lucario l.64

So naturally, I had little, or almost none problem at all defeating the Elite Four. Even Cynthia was weak. But thinking about it, the Elite Four wasn't weak - I was too strong! XD

Shiny pokemon lower

I had almost that team when I challenged the Elithe Four, exept I used Dialga instead of Staraptor. But yes, E4 is easy if you have a high leveled team.

Midnight Ash

The Animal Lover
I am not an expert. I got owned by Lucian a lot of times.
Aaron: Super easy. Staraptor and Aerial Ace=Die Aaron's Pokemon
Bertha: Easy. Empoleon rocks!
Flint: Still Easy. Empoleon for the kill
Lucian: Super Hard. Luxray and Empoleon finally defeated him.
Champion Cynthia: Hard. Garchomp got owned by Empoleon's Ice Beam, and the rest I just breezed through with Luxray, Staraptor and Dialga. They should keep Lucian the way he is but update Aaron, Bertha, Flint and the Champion's team and maybe update the movesets.

Lostelle

vicious opportunist
Aaron: This is an unfortunate case. He's packing Heracross, one of the best bugs, but it's nearly useless in the Elite 4 environment because most players will outrun it too easily and hit it hard. Drapion was decent, but the rest of his team is borderline pitiful. He could have been slightly better if he'd started out with a Forretress and set up Stealth Rock/Toxic Spikes.
Bertha: Hippowdon Whiscash, and Quagsire, her three pokemon who could take a hit, were easily her best. Everything else went down too fast. She could have been a lot better if she utilized Sand Storm before the end of the match and had a full-blown team that made use of the move. Cynthia has dibs on Garchomp, but Bertha would have been well off with a Flygon. Of course, the Elite 4 aren't actually capable of using any strategy aside from sending pokemon out, but it would be nice if the CPU were as intelligent as the higher stages of the battle tower.
Flint: This guy isn't traditional Elite 4 material at all, but I kind of dig that. Too bad he doesn't have many useful pokemon besides Infernape.
Lucian: The Bronzong/Mr. Mime combo is the closest thing I've seen to strategy in this Elite 4. He was a decent member, but I think it would have been completely fair to drop Girafarig in favor of a good ghost with a psychic type attack. All in all, he's okay but he's no Lance.
Cynthia: I think her team is well balanced enough but the dumb AI holds her back.

Personally, I don't think the Elite 4 was ever meant to be very challenging. It's part of the storyline that you must complete before you get to the battle tower, the only difficult part of the offline game. If the Elite 4 were actually hardcore, some people (I blame the children) would be stuck until they leveled up properly or just quit playing.

pokemonn

The elite four wasnt a push over it was semi-hard.