• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

Tadashi

kiss my greens
It took a lot of revives and hyper potions when I first tried to take them out XD;

My biggest problem was Cynthia, because of Garchomp and Milotic... but today I can sweep them with ease ^____^

The_Real_Tyson

The Forgotten Beast
It's all to common really. If only you could see their faces at the end. At least you get to hear "But My Charizard is level 87 and Heracross is a grass type."

Rofl Yeah that would pwn.

Or their precious Palkia gets it from SD Chomp.

ironknight42

Yes, they were a push over normally I don't kill them on my first try I went in with no real preperation and sweeped everyone except for Bronzong, Garchomp, and Spiritomb

Jutten

it wasent a pushover, i rushed through the game, and ended up at the pokmon leuge with a team of level 40-45 pokemons,

so i trained them to 51 and 2 to 61 then its was fairly easy,

51 lucario
51 torterra
51 crobat
61 pachirisu
61 palkia
51 rapidash

Yes Please

Sad Sappy Sucker
It was pretty challenging for me. Not so much the first three but like... Bronzong was a huge pain because of its calm mind. I was able to take it out with patience. I used my Luxray, and just kept doing Charge and Swagger.

The Garchomp was a huge pain as well... I forgot how I took it out, but... It was difficult for me, since my team had a huge ground weakness...

I had, Luxray (weak to Earthquake), Steelix (Weak to Earthquake), Weavile (Weak to Brick Break), Lucario (weak to Earthquake), Empoleon (Weak to Earthquake) and a Staraptor. ._. It was a ten minute battle for me, in which a lot of strategy and luck was involved... and my team was also severly underleveled as well... By the end of the battle, my highest level pokemon was my level 56 Luxray. Steelix and Weavile were barely in mid-40's. But, I tend to roll that way.

Yogurt

I think it was challenging the first time I went there. I didn't have very high leveled pokemon and I remember using revives and potions ALOT. But I do know what you mean. Most of the leaders didn't even follow their types. When you go to flint and he says that he uses fire pokemon, you expect him to HAVE fire pokemon.

Jutten

I think it was challenging the first time I went there. I didn't have very high leveled pokemon and I remember using revives and potions ALOT. But I do know what you mean. Most of the leaders didn't even follow their types. When you go to flint and he says that he uses fire pokemon, you expect him to HAVE fire pokemon.

he DOES!!!.... have 2.

sinnedinho

I never overtrain my team (lack of patience :) ), but still, this Elite Four was pretty easy. I didn't even used that much items

DarkDrakir

Pokemon Hunter
well this generation didnt let us catch the older grenerations of pokemons like the previous games did so i can understand why the Elite Four werent soo good this time but i still think that they could choose another types thats strong against each other. like fire, it works against grass and rocks but are weak against water and so on... Lucian could take the others out in an instant and Aaron... well he might have survived a couple of seconds. If we compare this Elite Four with the First generations of Elite Four i would say that the quality have gone far beyond the worst...

Anyone that can oppose that?

Capi

(。◕‿◕。)
To make it short and simple; yes. Bronzong was the only one that gave me a few problems, other than that, I owned them all with my Palkia. >:

Volcanic Murk

Stupid Genius
The Elite Four were kind of easy despite their higher levels. Flint annoyed me with his Drifblim. It kept overusing Will-O-Wisp. I always call him Ronald McDonald because of his big, red afro.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
the elite four in Gen 4 were way toooo easy, except for Bertha....
Aaron's Bug Pokemon were mostly X4 weakness to rock.
Flint had a BIG lack of Fire pokemon.
Bertha was the biggest challenge second only to the Champ
Lucian was kinda easy, except for Bronzong.
The Champ, now thats a challenge

Cris~Wigglytuff~

elite wigglejiggle!?
they really are easy but annoying this gen!
every time i make a then-and-there strategy for when i think they most likely will use a full restore they turn out not using it and messing up my plans
the pokes in d/p are not that strong but are VERY annoying and unpredictable and not to mention clever

my pearl team sweeps all but flint
my diamond team sweeps all but flint and cynthia
flint's rapidash,lucian's bronzong,his mimey,quagsire(sorta),spiritomb,and loppunny all are extremely uber and hacked!!!especially rapidash

kudos to rapidash it gave me quite a challenge...

Lol apart from Cynthia the Elite four was absolutely dreadful. RBY is the only E4 that you can take seriously (possibly GSC). Flint had two fire types and couldn't even use those properly.

The only challenging Elite was Bertha when her Quagsire spammed Protect.

Faerie

MONS
Err...sort of. Like all the other E4s, it took hours of training for my pokemon's levels to match theirs, because there's just too big of a difference from them and the 8th Gym Leader. Even so, when my levels were right, they were a breeze - I think I beat them on my second try, and I only lost because I didn't have a Fire move to counter Bronzong with.

So...easy, but not THAT easy.