• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

leon25270

<- Zap Cannon Espeon
Aaron: He had Beautifly and Dustox. Why?

Bertha: I guess she was tough... Maybe it was because I didn't have any grass types with me...

Flint: No comment.

Lucian: Can anyone say Bronzong?

For me, the real challenge was Cynthia. The battle took really long. Was it because of Milotic? Lucario? Garchomp? Spiritomb?! Gastrodon?! Well, it certainly wasn't because of her Roserade, who was finally her final Pokemon...

And to think I beat her on the first try after one, long, greuling battle...

chimkong

aaron.....piece of cake
bertha.......had problem with hippodown even with roserade
flint........easily beaten by Dialga
Lucian..........Bronzong was evil even with my infernape
Cynthia.........beaten after few tries

worst of all hadn't much knowledge about typings and the weaknesses

pokemaster001

I really can't tell because I zoomed through before and only won by losing twice and then buying as many revives and hyper potions as I could and now my team is too strong to test it out
but I'l use my best guess

aaron: bad choice, besides drapion
bertha: not a problem, it was definitely harder than aaron
flint: good, you're improving
lucian: easyish with my team, hard with some other teams
cynthia: I don't care what you say, she's good, although I usually only use roar of time and blast burn when I fight her, it's fun, burn/be destroyed by a time vortex baby burn/be destroyed by a time vortex

Aaron: Peice o' cake, although drapion was a tiny bit irritating.
Bertha: Pretty easy, although I was kinda getting P.O'd with hippodown, because of it's effect.
Flint: The only problem I had with flint was his lopunny. It took a lot before it went down, even with staraptor using close combat.
Lucian: Easy exept for bronzong and 'kazam, who kept killing me. But this was due only to a not-very-well equipped team for when it came to fighting psychics.
Cynthia: Her garchomp and lucario were pretty beastly to me, but otherwise she wasn't that hard.

darkcrobat

snoopy ppl suck
i beat elite four at the first chance
but bertha's wishcash was a bit hard

dkc46

aaron- bugs? seriously... bugs?
bertha- easy enough, i basically just used my empoleon, only hard part was wiscash
flint- he friggin only has 2 fire pokemon? wuts with tht? but ya he wuz a push over ( in my opinion)
lucian- he was an alright elite four member his bronzong wuz the only thing i had dificulty with
cynthia- she wasnt tht hard all things considerd, i just had some trouble with her garchomp... and tht dum milotics mirror move killed me like 20 times

Chargar

Let's just say I beat them with a level 50 team with pretty bad movesets and I wasn't even aiming to win...

But Cynthia's Garchomp took a looong time to beat. A lot of revives were used in the process.

I hope that if they're gonna make another gen, that they would make the pokemon league like in the anime or the battle dome in Emerald; that you have semi-final rounds before you can go to the Elite Four, and that your opponent and battle field is randomly chosen.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
I beat elite four easy at the first try.
Aaron: i used my luxray, had problems with vespiquen
Bertha: easy rozerade owned her
Flint: The hardest one i battle he koed to of my pokes gastrodon and luxray
Lucien: Piece of cake with my rozerade
Cynthia: Just used infernape, the only challenge was her spiritomb
I kinda liked it!!

Diarkia124

Aaron: His only good pokemon is Drapion and Vespiquen. Other than that, a gaunteed vicotry.

Bertha: No Special Defence Protection making it easy pickings for an Alakazam or Gengar.

Flint: WTF! Two fire type pokemon. When you make a pokedex for a region, make sure that it has an assortement of pokemon from every type. Sinnoh Dex had only 5 pokemon Chimchar, Monferno, Infernape, Ponyta, and Rapidash

Lucian: Bronzong is what makes you the toughest E4 yet.

kev40293

392 pokemon owned
it wasnt a piece of cake but i beat it on the first try maybe its just cause im used to the pokemon that beating elite fours is second nature bc you mnow what to expact and what to bring. after all to beat any elite four just getyour starter int the 70s 80s w/ a well rounded moveset and bring potions and elixers

golduck#1

i dont think. it was actually quite ahrd at like level 50 for me.

Hyendae

Herfderf
They were increadibly high-leveled, which was my main issue. Honchkrow, Infernape, Luxray, Roserade, Floatzel, and Lopunny were my team.

I KO'd all of em, but drat if Quagsire and Whishcash didn't give me a headache, even with Roserade...

I think they were a pretty decent diffculty level. Not too hard, not too easy. I beat them on my first try without using any legendaries and had a good few interesting match-ups.

It was fun, and that's all that matters

gtab x3

The elite was hard in the beginning alot

Aaron: easy but vespiqueen was sa hard to beat
Bertha: an easy match for torterra
Flint got really hard with all the different types and my torterras eq still didnot beat the steelix in one hit, i was soupset
lucian: hardest battle ever the only way i won the first time was with my shinx against bronzong, the others i just used skuntank
Cynthia: hardest champ ever! i think her milotic os the hardest pokemon, combined with spiritomb and lucario i was owned.

SaulGCube

Aeroga
Aaron-So freaking easy though his vespiqueen would cheat spamming defense orders and it power gem so fire types= creamed
Bertha-Freaking quagsire annoyed the heck out of me with double team/protect making me waste PP and hippowdon obliterated most of my team with earthquake.
Flint=Meh only infernape posed a problem because he would spam flare blitz and ko'ed my empoleon, honckrow, and staraptor
Lucian-God his bronzeong was so annoying i had to teach my dialga flamthrower in order to beat it -_-
Cynthia-i hated spiritomb, milotic, and garchomp as they had a wide verity of moves and they would cheat -_-
Also the fact i was under leveled made it harder lol

Last edited:

Torpoleon

I wasn't to good on my first ry except Aaron since I had Infernape the rest were hard but I eventually beat it.

Trace360

zzzzzz
Aaron-was easy
Bertha-too easy
Flint-the same thing too easy
Lucian-His Bronzong was annoying
Cynthia-was a decent battle

Yogurt

Suprisingly high leveled but other than that all of them were easy. Except Cynthia who I forgot you go straight to her when you walk in the room and I didn't heal my pokemon or anything.