• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

Lovely Insomnia

I figured that the it would be harder on platinum because this time around i was raising all ghost pokemon and ghost is very hard to raise because they are very week. Even to me getting past the main story line only took me two days. Yes it was very easy to beat the pokemon league. =]

Champion Jared 14

I figured that the it would be harder on platinum because this time around i was raising all ghost pokemon and ghost is very hard to raise because they are very week. Even to me getting past the main story line only took me two days. Yes it was very easy to beat the pokemon league. =]
You mean, strong and easy to raise??

Pokefan0234

Ka-Ra-Tay!
Aaron: Bug + Fire = fail
Bertha: Water types beat most of her team; grass destroys it
Flint: Water and Fire. Water wins
Lucian: I actually found him to be somewhat of a challenge, but considering my favorite types are Dark, Dragon and Fire... it didn't go well for him
Cynthia: Better than all of them together. The Elite Four was just there to weaken you up for the champion. I would switch the Roserade with a Tyranitar, though.

Rainy_Day

Swimmer
I just recently fought the Sinnoh Pokemon League for the first time in Platinum, and I found them to be a very healthy challenge. This is the team I challenged with (levels are after Cynthia, so they started about a level lower each):

;416; lv55
Attack Order / Toxic / Defend Order / Heal Order

;471; lv54
Icy Wind / Blizzard / Hail / Baton Pass

;475; lv54
Psycho Cut / Close Combat / Night Slash / Swords Dance

;465; lv55
Power Whip / Knock Off / Synthesis / Sleep Powder

;467; lv54
Flamethrower / Thunderbolt / Focus Blast / Solar Beam

;395; lv56
Surf / Flash Cannon / Drill Peck / Brine

I didn't easily sweep any of the five trainers, and Cynthia was extremely challenging even with her reduced levels. It should also be noted that I did the entire Pokemon League in "set" mode, so I wasn't able to just bring out my counter without taking any damage. I honestly think that if you challenge the Pokemon League of any generation with equally leveled Pokemon, no Pokemon with really high base stats (such as the main legendaries), and in set mode, you'll find them to quite challenging.

wtfuwant

cynthia was quite easy for me. i was using infernape and i used calm mind 3 times with a flamethrower i ko-ed her spirittomb. and i used calm mind again and then focus blast to take out her milotic. the others are quite easy i must say

cloudk

hates you.
I let Staraptor do the job by itself mostly, though cynthia was indeed a bit of a challenge. I used my lucario to Swords dance thrice and used a X-speed on it to sweep through Cynthia's team.

bulbatoad

difficulty

I feel that the 4 of this gen were reasonalbly difficult. The first time I fought them was with nothing but my torterra level 79 some sacraficial lambs and a mass of healing items. Though the first gen eleites are the most challenging I feel, this is definantly a step up from the hoenn eleites which were absolutly pathetic. Though now my torterra is level 100 and can defeat the whole of them without and hp or pp recovery aside from attached leftovers.

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
I think that they're too hard, well in platinum anyway.

I can't even beat aaron in platinum, my torterra always loses too much pp for me to go on at all.

ungulateman

Miltank Man!
At above poster:

1. Catch a Flying or Fire type.
2. Train it.
3.Train it more.
4. Use it to beat Aaron's team into the ground.
5. ???
6. Profit!

DrDimentio

Palindrome-cursed...
In this generation, as with those before it, the Elite 4 and Champion are pathetic, useless noobs. They are ridiculously easy. All you need is 2 or 3 good Pokemon (if EV trained, even better) with good Speed and attacking stats, plus good, reliable moves. Way too easy. Only one of my Pokemon fainted once in the entire E4 + Champion "challenge".

E4 were fairly easy

aaron: owned
bertha: owned
flint: 2 fire pokemon was a surprise, fairly easy
lucian: ARGGG just die already bronzong just didn't know when to give up
cynthia: Garchomp was the only problem when blizzard missed
I lol'd at spiritomb

Aiether

I actually thought they were pretty challenging my first time through Platinum. I loved the revamped teams, because in DP they were quite crappy. I mean Flint had a freaking lopunny.

Cynthia proved a challenge to me the most though.

Serenna

At above poster:

1. Catch a Flying or Fire type.
2. Train it.
3.Train it more.
4. Use it to beat Aaron's team into the ground.
5. ???
6. Profit!

Aaron wasn't that difficult. He needs a team revamp, to be honest.

Aaron has a MAJOR flaw with his team and that is 4 of his 5 Pokemon have 4x weaknesses. Exploit them and the only problem you have is his Drapion.

The only reason why you are having problems is:
1. Your Pokemon doesn't have enough speed or defense to take those hits.
2. You let Yanmega get too many Double Teams in.
3. Vesiqueen got enough Defend Orders to stall you out with Pressure and Heal Order.
4. Heracross has taken one of your Pokemon's heads off....literally.
5. Scizor.....I never seen him attack yet.

I only have problems with him when I fought him with LV46-49 Pokemon. Once I got them up to his level and took advantage of those weaknesses, it was basically GG.

Bertha and her Gliscor alone is a bigger challenge than anything Aaron can throw at you minus Drapion.

Yanmega: 4x weak to Rock
Scizor: 4x weak to Fire
Vesiqueen: 4x weak to Rock
Heracross: 4x weak to Flying
Drapion: 2x weak to Ground

HanoiRose

NIPPON BONZAI!
Yea, the E4 were pushovers in this generation.
I mean, my team was aabout 53-56 leveled, but is still won easily. Although I would've lost to Cynthia if it wasn't for my Drapions Toxic Spikes, But hey, anything goes :p

Cool Frood

<-- Feelin' Blue...
Lucian's Bronzong is the only one I had trouble with.... I had only a Torterra, and could only hit him with a suicidal Wood Hammer, or Strength... Other then that, they were easy.

just beat E4 with following team.
Palkia (Lv.52)
Gengar (Lv.52)
Alakazam(Lv.53)
Infernape(Lv.45)
Steelix(Lv.46)
Gayrados(Lv.48)

I know, absolutely (insert rude word) team. But couldn't be bothered training up my Roselia and other good Pkmn.

Found it hard with using about 20 revives and hyper potions. Reset about 100 times aswell.