• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

Sakosimaru

Ichi no Hana
I personally think that the Elite four was a mess and a pushover this generation. Here are just some thoughts on them:

Aaron: Why the Heck are you using Bug type pokemon? Fire type pokemon can crush them, and half of them were part flying, giving weaknesses to Ice and Rock type moves..

Bertha: Quagisire and Whishcash were the only ones with real defence against a Water type pokemon, but they still could be taken down by a Palkia's Surf.

Flint: What?! He only had 2 fire pokemon. The Rest were Steelix, Lopunny, and Drifblim. Ditch those three and add in another couple Infernapes and Rapidashes why don't ya..

Lucian: Bronzong + Mr. Mime's Barrier/Reflect was probally the best combo yet. Bravo to you Lucian. He was probally the only one who had a pokemon that couldn't be OHKO'd by anything under lv 65.

Cynthia: Good Pokemon, although I would ditch Roserade if I were her, and add in a Gyrados instead.

Okay, now that my ranting is done, you guys all share your thoughts as to what the Elite 4 was lacking, what they did right, and if they were too easy or not.

Aaron: Pretty easy but most bug types aren't that strong.
Bertha: All her pokemon were all easy except for her Hippopowdon which took forever to beat even with Torterra.
Flint: He was easy but I think he should have used a different type since there are only two fire evo. chains in Sinnoh.
Lucian: He was hard and took a while to beat but I'm glad that his Brogzong wasn't too strong.
Cynthia: She took some time to beat but was hard.

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
aaron:easy
bertha: little harder
flint: challenging
lucian: very challenging
cynthia: very very challenging
this gen wasnt a pushover disregarding aaron

crimsoneagle

WHERE IS THE MILK!!!
Aaron: his team was pretty easy but drapion was a little bit tougher cuz of that ice fang

Bertha:her team was easy too but that Hippopowdon was a bit hard to take down considering they fact my water pokemon was 12 levels below him but he pulled thru it

Flint: His Team was the easiest to me i just used infernape the onyl one htat i had trouble with was his infernape

Lucian: I just mostly used torterra crunch and inferanpes flare blitz his team was sorta easy but not as easy as the others

Cythinia: her team took a while for me but her team was the hardest since it was most balenced

morefirepokemon

Fire Master
i wouldnt say im an expert, heck it took a quick claw for my gastrodon to even have a chance at flint, i hated lucian's mr.mime

Darkside

look a portkey!
aaron: uber easy
bertha: sort of easy
flint: kinda good
lucian: only a problem if your not prepared for his mr mime's reflect/barrior
cynthya: hard without type trumping moves easy if you have em'

overall 4/10 moderatly easy

Darth_paul

I think they were easier than past generations but still quite hard. I got through them with lvl 54s but thats only cos I used a LOT of Revives and Full Restores XD. Lucario was probably the hardest for me cos I had to constanly change pokemon if I wanted to keep using Revives :p

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Aaron: Infernape and Dialga(for Drapion) was too easy.
Bertha:With three x4 weakness pokemon to grass, my Roserade's Giga Drain handle this easy(except for that tough Hippopowdon)
Flint:Only two fire pokemon! kinda easy
Lucian: Sort of tough
Cynthia:A moderate challenge.

This was the easiest pokemon league was the easiest.

#Gecko#

The Essential One
Aaron: Infernape and Dialga(for Drapion) was too easy.
Bertha:With three x4 weakness pokemon to grass, my Roserade's Giga Drain handle this easy(except for that tough Hippopowdon)
Flint:Only two fire pokemon! kinda easy
Lucian: Sort of tough
Cynthia:A moderate challenge.

This was the easiest pokemon league was the easiest.

Ben

Whut?
Aaron: Generally very easy.

Bertha: Quagsire took me off-guard, but otherwise Empoleon took out the team.

Flint: Varied types, more challenging.

Lucian: More challenging still, I had no Dark moves when I first played through the game.

Cytnthia: Garchomp was taken out quickly with a Blizzard by Empoleon, but she was hard to beat. Her Milotic is seriously annoying.

Sakosimaru

Ichi no Hana
Cytnthia: Garchomp was taken out quickly with a Blizzard by Empoleon, but she was hard to beat. Her Milotic is seriously annoying.

I foudn that if you used Dialga/Palkia's signature move on Garchomp, it becomes a pushover.
But Milotic was annoying.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Yeah, count me as a guy who doesn't understand how making Flint have all fire types would make him less of a pushover...if anything, that'd make him easier.

I foudn that if you used Dialga/Palkia's signature move on Garchomp, it becomes a pushover.
Well, did you go through the E4 with two Ledgendaries? That might explain why you found them pushovers as opposed to people who went through with less powerful Pokemon.

I owned the league with an azelf about lv 50 that knew flamethrower, t-bolt, extrasensory and nasty plot.

Aaron: Flamethrower destroyed all.

Bertha: No match for empoleon with surf and grass not.

Flint: Empoleon and Azelf owned.

Lucian: He was the hardest for me (including Cynthia) Light screen is annoying. But three nasty plots and a flamethrower showed Bronzong.

Cynthia: I found her realy easy. I yawned at spiritomb with uxie then nasty plotted up with azelf and one hit Koed everyone except Garchomp who had minimal health and didn't stand a chance against my buneary's quick attack.

I beat the league with a team ranging from 48 to 54.

Very easy for me. I beat it in Pearl with a team of only lv.45s. Mainly because Mismagius perished trapped Bronzong, who was the only one I had trouble with.

ijea4444

flint may only have 2 fires but he has steelix w/fire fang, lopunny w/sunny day/fire punch, and drifblim w/explosin. its nintendos way of saying u don't need fire typres to have a fire type team,

Mega Typhlosion

Aaron: Infernape...next.
Bertha: Harder since I hadn't any Water/Grass moves...my mistake.
Flint: Infernape for Steelix and Lopunny. The remaining ones went down easily too.
Lucian: Only problem was Mr.Mime...Bronzong was so easy
Cynthia: This one was challenging...tried 3 times before defeating her.

My team: Infernape, Luxray, Azelf, Glaceon (traded), Ambipom, Staraptor
Average: Lv.48

Last edited: