• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

Revolution

RAWRAWRRAWR
I didn't think so. I thought they were the toughest yet because their teams were finally not all one type. Now the 2nd generations E4 was the pushover.

KazMazter

Competitive
Yeah, this E4 was way too easy.
Bronzong, Milotic and Garchomp were the only challenge about them. But I suppose that makes them a better place to train lower leveled Pokemon, meh.

Aaron: Bug types are easily crushed by Flying, Rock or Fire types (Flying and Rock types literally populate the Sinnoh region).
Bertha: Water/Grass. I rest my case.
Flint: Water again. *Groan* (You find yourself using your Water-type countless times)
Lucian: A bit harder because type combinations rolled out certain weakness like that annoying Bronzong.
Cynthia: A bit harder again. Spiritomb was easy even without a weakness, Roserade was just a stupid choice, Gastrodon was just plain annoying, Lucario was moderately hard but just a plain attacker. Garchomp and Milotic were the only real problems.

I suppose the only thing that caused a real problem in this E4 is the fact that they constantly used Full Restore!
But it is a shame that they didn't do the same things as they did on FR/LG and have their levels increased, that was awesome.
*Takes deep breaths*
Phew... And there we have it.

txdaan

Who reads this is...
i really loved this league, and i think it isnt a push over: my strongest pokemon at the end of the league was lvl53

aaron: still pretty easy, but it was a nice battle
bertha: hippodown was pretty painfull, but with roserade and floatsel it wasn't that hard
flint: i really hate that drifblim >_<
lucian: this battle was... cool, almost epic
cynthia: took me 2 tries, good thing that i saved before, lucario was hard, i won using my lvl51 staraptor, it didnt lvl since then o_O

Aaron: Super Easy. OHKO on all by Staraptor.
Bertha: Easy. Although Hippowdon was a little difficult.
Flint: Easy. Only 2 Fire Types?!
Lucian: Moderate. Had a hard time taking down Bronzong with Garchomp's Fire Fang though.
Cynthia: Extremely challenging. Took me about 10 tries. Annoying Garchomp... >_<

Sparkyperson

Light Ball Collector
I feel it was a good challenge.
Just by reaing some of these posts i see some people still don't know all of the E4's tactics. Like Lucians Bronzong. It has the ability that halves damage from fire attacks. So using fire type attacks would be a worse idea then using something like surf.....

Xous

Aaron: Fairly simple; Drapion's change of pace and Vespiquen's Pressure were the only problems, however minor.
Bertha: I just let my Roserade enjoy the x4 super effective Giga Drain on most of her Pokemon. Fairly simple as well.
Flint: Empoleon was able to KO most of his team; I used Luxray to pick off Drifblim, just for the exp. points.
Lucian: Medium difficulty. Bronzong was pretty easy after I Sparked him and caused Paralysis. I wish I would've raised a Garchomp my first time through... ^_^;
Cynthia: Challenging up to a point. Garchomp was a good fight, but Ice Beam crippled it nicely. (I waited for it to use Giga Impact, not EQ.) Uxie works extremely well against most of her team (Lucario, Roserade, Milotic). Just had to Amnesia three times and Yawn, Future Sight, Confusion, and Hyper Potion to heal; effective walling against them. (I always just caught it and used it at Lv.50.)

Overall, a decent Elite Four; not the best, but not the worst. :)

Aqua_Maiden

Queen of the Abyss
It was kind of difficult. It took me a day to beat them, reason being I only had five pokemon that were strong enough to go in.

Aaron: Was very easy, Rapidash owned all but drapion
Bertha: Torterra beat every pokemon with only healing once
Flint: Barely even has fire type, wasn''t hard though.
Lucian: Harder, Bronzong was a challenge
Cynthia: Barely harder than Lucian, Only Garchomp and Lucario were hard

Aaron: Was very easy, Rapidash owned all but drapion
Bertha: Torterra beat every pokemon with only healing once
Flint: Barely even has fire type, wasn''t hard though.
Lucian: Harder, Bronzong was a challenge
Cynthia: Barely harder than Lucian, Only Garchomp and Lucario were hard

Sorry for double posting. It was an accident

Last edited:

EmeraldLeafBlade

I thought they were harder than the Kanto and Johto ones (I have yet to beat a Hoenn game). I was rather frustrated at times, and I remember getting mad and throwing a couple things during a battle… ehehe… I still managed to beat them on my first try on Diamond, though, with six Pokemon at I think level 60. One of them was Azelf, and I usually never use legendaries.

Water Adept

I thought they were harder than the Kanto and Johto ones (I have yet to beat a Hoenn game). I was rather frustrated at times, and I remember getting mad and throwing a couple things during a battle… ehehe… I still managed to beat them on my first try on Diamond, though, with six Pokemon at I think level 60. One of them was Azelf, and I usually never use legendaries.
Harder then FR? I doubt so.

aaron:hard for a torterra based team(Took off torterra and staraptor uxie finished them)
Berta:Very easy with torterra in lvl 69
Flint: very easy WTF torterra being faster than infernape
Lucian Easy till Bronzong he was the only elite pokemon that didnt die in 1 hit
Cintha:Very Very Easy
The problem was with aaron, still I Finished the game without being defeated a sigle time

Alchemy Blade

Back from Summer
Aaron: Destroyed with ease
Bertha: COMPLETELY Destroyed with A LOT of ease
Flint: Destroyed this guy with A LOT of ease
Lucian: Destroyed
Cynthia: B*tch made me use revives... Aw god dammit she wasn't as easy as the rest.

Nuriko55020

Dharc The Incubus
I have defeated them,pretty easy.The first time it was harsh.

mudkip master

Surf's up Mudkip
a bit hard but also easy took me 2 trys to beat it easy over all

Last edited:

bWo

Were Taking Over!
E4 wasn't a pushover at all,I found it more of a pushover in 1st gen when you had tofight Gary last...the point in the 4th gen's e4 that made it easy was the bug dude.Bug types trainers certainly shouldn't have their own gym let alone be in the e4.

galadrial

umm... well I just kind of smashed the entire elite four with a kadabra, a jolly nature gyarados with amazingly good IVs for one caught in the wild, and a palkia to take hits while I healed my team. Well the kadabra was a level 66 or so by the time I got out of victory road, and it was quiet nature... yeah I just swept the whole thing with mostly just my kadabra.

PokemonTrainerAsh

Pokemon Master
I'm a bit diffrent though, I just fight the Elite Four with my LV70 Torterra and LV55 Dialga as backup. The other HM Slaves are just for reviving purposes.

Aaron: Well I crunched them all and nothing's left
Bertha: Razor Leaf/Leaf Storm/Giga Drain
Flint: I Earthquaked them all so they don't even have a chance to launch any attack
Lucian: Same technique as Aaron (Pls refer to above)
Cynthia: Milotic & Lucario KO'ed with Earthquake, Garchomp based on tough luck, Roserade crunched. The other ones I forgot.

Well, their team didn't improve much as compared to the Elite Four in Hoenn

hawaiian ale

zapdos master hoo ra
Too Easy I Mean Cum On Now Bug Pokemon In E4 Bug Pokemon Dat Cant Even Take A Hit From An Ariel Ace

The E4 Waz A Joke Dis Year Nothing Beats Da Original E4 Lance Da King Of Dragons And Lorilei Queen Of Ice