• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

Narutopokedude

← currently hunting
Hmmm, the elite 4 was a little dificult to beat this time.

But then again I didn't have a good team

Ghost Dialga

Master Trainer
Here are my opinions.
Aaron - Easy, I taught my Dialga Fire Blast and you can figure out the rest.
Bertha - Not very tough, my Torterra beat all of her Pokemon with 1 attack each
Flint - Pretty difficult since my team's strongest is a Grass/Ground, and a Steel/Dragon
Lucian - Difficult to beat, he has a really good Alakazam
Cynthia - Pretty good team, my Pokemon had a type advantage over her though.

Cool Rafe

Cold & Anti-social
If you compared this generation's Elite Four to the previous ones then I'd say they're really pushovers.
The first 3 members namely Aaron, Bertha and Flint were just pieces of cakes.
Lucian is a tough one because he possesses strong Psychic Pokemon like Alakazam(which is really fast and can deal huge damage) and Bronzong (annoyer).
Cynthia isn't the easiest of enemies considering she has the almighty Garchomp and the graceful Milotic which could cause misery to your team if you don't have Pokemon with moves of their weaknesses.

Yonowaru in Chaos

gaspard de la nuit
The ones from RSC were easy, because they're pokemon were repetitive and predictable.

GSC was a bit too easy, but mainly because of the low growth rate of most pokemon in GSC compared to others (most of them were only LV35-40 by the time you reached the E4). RSC also had a low growth rate (not as low), but then, the levels used in the E4 were much more challenging.

RBY was just insane with growth rates.

In this generation, the levels were above average and so was the growth rate. By the time you finished Victory Road, you would be around LV48-55, which was just enough when factoring in levels. The variety, however, was much less predictable, rather than thinking in RSE that Phoebe's going to send out a Ghost-type anyway, so I'll send out an Absol to block their Shadow Balls and kill them with Crunch and etc., in this generation (particularly Flint), there was too much variety to form a legitimate counter to most of the E4's pokemon (in RSE, a Swampert (with Surf, Ice Beam, Earthquake) can kill everything in Ruby and Sapphire).

Pokemon worthy of note in DP were:
Quagsire- annoying, unless you kill it quick (Torterra users will find it to be a pushover)
Lopunny- first-time lucario users may find that some attacks may not OHKO and Lopunny can deal massive damage with Fire Punch. Charm is also pretty annoying
Infernape- Speed kills alot with Flare Blitz and Earthquake
Alakazam- too damn fast to outspeed. psychic, focus blast and energy ball forming core moveset that few can counter
Bronzong- massive defences. enough said
Garchomp- able to OHKO Abomasnow unless it uses Earthquake.

Doom-Burn

I had trouble on Lucian and some of Cynthia's pokemon.

Aaron-Easy,Heracross and Drapion gave some trouble.

Bertha-The easiest out of the Elite Four(Torterra took out this team!).

Flint-Gyardos and Luxray helped me and I used Lucario For Lopunny(luckily Lopunny didn't use fire punch).

Lucian-Only problem was Bronzong, Alakazam went down in one hit.

Cynthia-Garchomp was deadly with Giga Impact and so was Lucario but that was because I underestimated it. Milotic's Aqua Ring was balanced out with leech seed which made it easier.

The high levels were a problem. They were pretty hard, imo. I pretty much singled it with Staraptor and Floatzel though, the rest were used to revive them 2. Only problem was Garchomp, I got pretty lucky.

Horoika1

<--Next Pokémon Hunt
Yeah, I steamrolled them. Not even challenging.

Moonlight Shadow

He's Possessed!!!
Well, Lucian was the only one of the E4 that made me kick my DS in annoyance, as he counters my Diamond team completely. Infernape got blasted by Bronzong, Lucario by aforementioned Bronzong and Medicham, Toxicroak has a glaring 4x weakness to Psychic attacks, Honchkrow got Thunderbolted by Mr.Mime or T-Punched by Medicham, Weavile outran Alakazam but got OHKO'ed by Bronzong(Again!!!), Girafarig got beat in various ways, and Lumineon is excused for being itself, the pathetic but beloved(at least by me)fish. Other than Lucian the rest of the E4 were darn pathetic, with the possible exception of Cynthia and her half stalling-half sweeping Milotic.

shiny meta

at least its better than GSC honestly level50 being the best
anyway this elite four gets sweeped by a good water *cough* palikia *cough*

Only had a very few troubles with Lucian on my first try. I didn't expect Cynthia to have a mixed typed team. But Overall, it's very easy to take on the E4.

Aaron: Got whooped by my Garchomp with rock slide

Bertha: Once again, Garchomp killed them with STAB Dragon Claw

Flint: I used earthquake on the first 3(rapidash,infernape and steelix) KIlled the rest with dragon claw

Lucian: This guy was quite good, I had to swords dance thrice ,then I whooped them all with my garchomp's earthquake and dragon claw.

Cynthia: I beat her bad.

2/10 very easy. But Lucian provides the most challenge.

SharpedoX

Treinador Áureo
I had troubles with Lucian's Bronzong and Cynthia but Aaron, Bertha and Flint were easy for me, mainly because my team's levels weren't lower than Cynthia's. Type advantages helped a lot too.

Officer Jenny

Poliwag ftw
only trouble i had was with that annoying quagsire,
mismagius wiped the floor with it as soon as she learned magical leaf
i wouldnt say the elite four was too easy, it all depends on how much you trained before you got there, as always

Enyx

Ev trainer
I suppose if put side by side with the other Elite fours Sinnohs four could be considered pushovers. However with my ingame team it took a decent amount of effort to win so I can't complain.

LyraDestiny

The only one I had any difficulty with was Cynthia. My team was early to mid 50's and I only used a couple of revives before I got to her due to misjudgement on my part (and a couple of lucky criticals on theirs).

I couldn't believe it was so easy when my friend had incredible difficulties beating them.

Empoleon for the win, I guess.