• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

Dude, I beat the Elite Four in ONE GO and my strongest Pokemon was FREAKING LEVEL 53!!!!!

So did I, but it wasn't easy using 5/6 pokemon who's level was at 43/47, and my Empoleum was the only one that was in between 52-56. I just came prepared.
By the way, which was your strongest pokemon on level 53? Just thought I ask.

bookist

aaron: if youve been reading this you know what it is
bertha:a bit harder not much but hippowodon took forever to knock out.
flint: somewhat annoying with his pokemon but they all went sown.
lucian: bronzong took a while to kill and i had it roughn with him
cynthia: she was challenging because she had good pokes but if you ask me she needs a good tank.

goo_lord

i lend out my friends rayquaza to battle the elite four

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Aaron was quite easy.
Bertha was extremely easy!
Flint was really easy too!
Lucian was extremely hard!
Cynthia, in my opinion was a lot easier than Lucian because you can defeat her team using all different types if you catch my drift. As the only Elite 4 I have battled, I'd say they were moderately easy.

icewolf741

Lucario Trainer
They were decent. Though I beat them mainly with my Lucario, Garchomp, and Ramparados. Not ev trained or aything. 52, 54 and 53 respectivly. Didn't use an insane amount of potions or anything either.

Now I own them with Houndoom, Mewtwo, and Rayquaza for money and training low-leveled pokes. =)

kirby8933083

mai husbando
All too easy....I have a Torrtera, Empolean, Infernape (I didn't cheat to get all three,not on the GTS thing, I got them fair and square) Dialga, Aself, Uixe, and beat them first time, only used 1 revive, but thats kinda sad considering how high the levels were first three were, 60's. :p But to be fair the legendaries where only like level 48 each.

kirby8933083

mai husbando
All too easy....I have a Torrtera, Empolean, Infernape (I didn't cheat to get all three,not on the GTS thing, I got them fair and square) Dialga, Aself, Uixe, and beat them first time, only used 1 revive, but thats kinda sad considering how high the levels were first three were, 60's. :p But to be fair the legendaries where only like level 48 each.

Proud Master Vennominaga

He's your Master
here's is what i think:

Aaron: yeah he's a pushover, seriously bugs?
Bertha: Aaron should be kixked out an Bertha should be the 1st elite four
Flint: He sucks to, no skill, should be replaced by Volkner (good gym leader i thourght)
Lucian: The stongest Elite four (in each region) he earned that place
Cynthia: One of the best champions (blue is harder)

aaron- :p i OHKO'd all hid pokemon lol
Bertha- the hardest was probably hippowdon
Flint- why have a fire type team with only two fire types. seriously. i would have prefered normal type stararptor, ambipom, loppunny, snorlax, purulgy and clefable would be awsome
lucian- he (or is it she) was probably the hardest, pokemon-wise. she/he gave me the most trouble
cynthia- seriously, why do they always have 5 people in the elite 4. they should just call it the elite 5, or the league 5. my team's levels were lower by 5-7, then her pokemon, and i beat her easily. But i was using three ubers(dialga, uxie and azelf(are uxie and azelf ubers?(whoa! i've done brackets in brackets in brackets. why hasn't the world exploded))).
but they were probably the third hardest elite 5
hardest was the fr/lg remake, and second was probably hoenn

yungurban

<-Mini Me
yeah everyone was a pushover besides lucian and cynthoa. Before i faced em i stalked up on soooo many super potions and revives and non of my pokemon even fainted.

Graceful Shinigami

Lemonade+Ramen
Really, the only thing I thought was the best part about the elite 4 this time around was that there were no two of the same Pokemon on a team. At least there's some variety.

They were easy to beat, but at least they had some unique Pokes.

Mudkip3

aaron: easy, even though drapion took awhile it didn't have good attacks
bertha: very easy for my roserade, nuf said
flint: rapidash was strangely challenging, the rest were okay
lucian: my luxray crunched through all of them and rapidash took bronzong
cynthia: milotic was tough, and garchomp was fast- i was pretty lucky to have palkia get in a spacial rend
now they give some pretty good exp. points...

Roberthree

Actually, I thought DP had the toughest elite four on paper. BUT this is the fourth generation of pokemon games I've played and as such I swept the floor with them using top-tier OUs, EV training, and general experience.

Indragon

Back in the USSR
My team was Empoleon, Staraptor, Luxray, Toxicroak, Lucario and Garchomp

The elite Four were relatively easy but not exactly pushovers

Aaron: Bug-types didn't stand a chance although Drapion was more challenging
Bertha: I could OHKO everyone apart from Quagsire and Whiscash, quite easy
Flint: Easy again - but only two fire types, and the only one remotely threatening could have been Infernape. Really, DP should have had a few more fires
Lucian: Reflect was the only thing that could save the Psychics from Garchomp's Crunch. But Bronzong was really the only one who was not potentially OHKOed. Very irritating since I didn't have a fire attack so not-so-easy.
Cynthia: Quite easy. She had good Pokemon and was sort-of tougher than the rest but as she was the last didn't make much of a diff.

FireDragon100

O UM GEE I DUNO
In my opinion, they weren't that hard.

Besides, Dialga did most of the work, Infernape kept fainting so I kept using revives..
Aaron: Bah. Infernape, FTW.
Bertha: I used Dialga..
Flint: Can't remember but I think it was DIALGA. -_o
Lucian: Dialga, Infernape used some fire move on Bronzong.
Cynthia: Infernape fainted, I think. Dialga did most of the work. Had a little trouble with Milotic but, thunder pwned it.
Well, I can't fully remember the team I used but.. Dialga did almost, ALMOST everything.

yazdaeth

More of a pushover than anything, but I got them...I got them GOOD

Aaron: Easy as crap, slaughtered them with Omastar (ancientpower FTW)
Bertha: Honchkrow (with its insanely high attack) pretty much night-slashed them all into oblivion (except Hippowdon, which I had to surf with Omastar)
Flint: This was pathetic. Omastar slaughtered Rapidash, Infernape, Steelix, and Drifblim, and Garchomp swept up Lopunny.
Lucian: OHKO with STABed Night Slash from Honchkrow except for Bronzong, which just...wouldn't...DIE!!! (but he did)
Cynthia: I liked the diversity on her team, but she was still easy to beat. One of the better battles I've ever fought.

*Light*

Rayquaza rules!!
The Elite Four was really easy! I only used a Mismagius, Empoleon and a Staraptor, all at level 50-55. Lucian's Bronzong and Cynthia's Milotic gave me some trouble though. The rest were cake.