• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the Elite Four a pushover in this generation?

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
I actually thought Lucian was harder than Cynthia because you could type-trump all her different Pokémon, but they all are so much stronger in Platinum.

Torpoleon

For my first time it was kind of hard. i didn't have a WATER type!!! But then i got an empoleon.

Aaron: Powned by ;398; No competition.
Bertha: Powned by ;395; except Quagsire and Whiscash. They're not exactly hard, though.
Flint: Powned by ;395; and ;398; I found Lopunny rather annoying the first few times I fought him though... Platinum Flint should be interesting though.
Lucian: Powned most things with ;452; or ;398; Bronzong is evil though... I still can't 1HKO it...
Cynthia: Not too bad... Spiritomb is evil to open with, Lucario is on the annoying side, Garchomp is rather pathetic.

M4zz

Banned
Yes, the elite 4 were a HUGE pushover, yet not as bad as ruby, sapphire, and emeralds. If you use the right T.M on D/P the elite 4 is very easy.
The elite four is very weak, yet cynthia is decent.

mew801

SUCH A PUSHOVER!!!!!
I beat it with 4 pokemon first time.
And they wern't very strong pokemon anyway, but honestly, who has a bug type specalist elite four member??????? seriously its like the easiest type to beat.

Mysterous64

The Black Knight
They were tooooooo easy
Victory road was harder in fact it is harder in stark mountain!
they should have put mixed type elite 4 members like your rival in fire red and leaf green Cynthia was hard but not the elite for i beat them with my Torterra and a little help from a palkia

yeah really the only one that gave me any trouble was Spiritomb, hopefully they'll be harder in platinum

FUNDIP

Aaron- Trounced with lvl 70 empoleon (my only pokemon over 40 at the time)
Bertha- Trounced
Flint- Trounced
Lucian- Trounced
Cynthia- Trounced to a lesser degree

My Empoleon
Adamant Nature
Evs Sp Atk/252 Sp DEf/252 Hp/4
Moves-
-Earthquake
-Icebeam
-Surf
-Drill Peck

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
i beated the E4 104 times a while back to gain levels and to earn a nice load of cash and i never had much trouble with them even not the first time, it was a bit more difficult then but i got used to it.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
The levels were too high this generation, it took me 16 times on my Diamond just to become champion.....

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
There easy in Dp but in Platinum they are no pushover anymore. But I havn't Vs the E4 yet because I'm training my Pokemon to lv 100 because my liar friend told me they where super hard to beat and now I have 6 badges and lv 70's because I took like 5 days training them. Grr I shall never forgive him

Master of All

Call me Peter...
I kind of liked it easy
i mean it got me to the legendaries faster

A-Burrito

<-- Favourite Shiny
i thought they were pretty easy, its good to see in platinum they get to high lvl's

Cuthrout

it was just a big let down in general they could of made a lil bit more difficult but they didnt

Peekablue

Curator of Oddities
I didn't think they were -that- easy compared to some of the previous E4s, but some of the trainers could just be swept through with a single Pokemon (Aaron, for instance). If they'd been any lower in level, a well-balanced team could have just wiped the floor with them first time through.

I had quite a bit of trouble from Hippowdon, Quagsire and Bronzong (for some reason...?) my first time through, but that was basically due to my team being a little low in the level department.

For me the first try was hard because i had low leveled pokemon. But when i had levelled them all up to lvl 50 it wa easy.

jorisw

In diamond and pearl the E4 was a pushover however in Platinum The E4 is a bit harder

the_eevee_breeder

Pokemon Breeder
It was kinda hard, but........

The Elite 4 was an okay difficulty for me, but that was PROBABLY because my strongest pokemon was level 50. I mean, my Rapidash was really weak but it didn't have too much of a problem with Aaron. The Sinnoh Elite 4 have their weak points and their strong points. I mean, Garchomp was a pain. Cynthia used 3 full restores on it! Plus, Bronzong (Lucian) wasn't exactly a pushover either.