• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the jhoto saga the main reason why pokemon was going downhill and losing ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sayho1234

Do you have a proof that ratings dropped in Johto? Call it funny thing or coincidence but yesterday night I was looking for ratings of show and what I found out was that in Johto the rating actually increase. Why that happened? When the show started it had little competition but then Digimon came and its rating were higher. Pokemon had a big competition and it was shredding a lot of rating in short time but that didn't affected the writers cause Anime was just meant to promote games. But then Digimon went downhill(starting from third season it sucked) and Pokemon gained it rightful place back and here we had the true winner. As a matter of fact this happened around the time of Johto. So ratings actually increased during Johto due to Digimon's downfall. As for other anime like Yu-gi-oh, BeyBlade, Naruto, etc. they were never a big competition for a big franchise like Pokemon and Digimon who like playing it closer to the chest.

That doesn't surprise me at all. Johto was the first time we ever got a brand new set of pokemon beyond the original 151. OF COURSE due to natural curiosity about these new 100 little creatures the 1st Johto league season was going to have high ratings, but the saga lost steam after dragging out for 3 years. And Digimon didn't go downhill until season 4 NOT season 3! Season 3 was the last season that the series was ever on Fox Kids (& was the highest quality season overall), but when season 4 came around the series got shuffled into syndication and was placed into bad time slots. That along with season 4 in general being the absolute worst season of the Digimon series overall had contributed to Digimon's downfall.

Last edited:

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
The first season of Johto, "Johto Journies," did have a lot of hype behind it.

However by the time we got to, "Johto League Champions," the show started declining in popularity.

Do you know how many people stopped watching because they thought Ash released his Charizard?

eevil

Banned
JackoffandLaugh,It is not obvious that Johto is to blame for everything you stupid punk *** low IQ retarded *** ***got,the Johto saga saved the show and it gave the show a higher ratings,the AG series kill the Pokemon show and people stop watching because of how boring the Hoenn saga really was,you are a dirty good for nothing liar who can burn in hell for all i care for and a loser like you don't have any proof,you are a loser ***got.

Pokemon Fan 132,your are a stupid dumb punk *** *****,the writers were experience enough to do a region like Johto, they did a good job for the first time during a region like Johto,Pokemon was still a fad even during and the Johto team was handled really well,Misty and Brock had some good focused on,you are a really stupid retarded idiot because the future regions are not glorified like Kanto and Johto were,also Team Rocket were well handled which went somewere,the rivals were existant also well handled,a lot of people were not dissappointed with Johto and they didn't quit during this time period,people were still into the show during Johto and after Johto ended the AG series begin then a lot of people quit watching the show since Hoenn didn't match up to the other series like Kanto and Johto did,also you need to get your facts right mister dumbass monkey because you are wrong entirely.

CyberCubed,i want to kill your stupid low life *** ***,because the entire Johto series didn't decline at all and a lot of people didn't stop watching the show in Johto,Johto is were people were still into the show and the first time people stop watching the show was until the AG series begin,that is were the show decline and lost is popluarity and people also stop watching the show from Hoenn,boy you are a stupid retarded loser.

Sayho 1234,I see that you are really a stupid low life dumbass nobody,the Johto seasons had a lot of steam that they never did lose to begin with even though it drag on for 3 years which was a good thing and Pokemon was still a fad and it had the highest ratings in the Johto series then Hoenn never really did,you are wrong mister dumbass dike,Digimon season 3 was not the best season it was the worst season ever and Digimon season 4 was nowere near of being any better at all either and season 4 was a bad season.

Last edited:

dawn hater

Didn't wanted to do it but have to do it.

No im pretty sure im messing with an childish good for nothing idiot who likes to throw tantrums lol.Hmm didn't know being a dawn hater meant you have an anger issue and by the way its not obvious.

Look who is talking. You are the one throwing tantrums like Johto was the main reason why Pokemon went downhill without any proof. And you don't even know how to spell Johto. People like you are good at nothing and are a dead weight on the earth.

Censoring profanity doesn't make it better and im pretty sure people know what you wrote so thats a fail.I only have one account thank you very much.

But I see something else, you mother ****ing liar.

Hmm im guessing your mother is dead,she must be having fun in hell lol.I am always right and never wrong so have some respect for someone who's better than you.

My mother is not dead. Guess you aren't always right. So what you gonna do? Commit Suicide. Trust me its the best options. People like you should have born in first place. And I think your mother should also die cause she gave birth to a stupid retard like you and even letting you to touch a computer through which you are only exposing your and your mothers stupidity.

You really need to be taught some manners asap because you are very immature.
Immaturity is the word that most defines you. A troll who has no life. Just want to show how jackass you are.

Sorry that i dont keep track of when exactly shows like naruto start lol more reason why you obviously have no life..
Just because I have many Animes means I have no life? Well then most of the Japanese people have no life.
On the other hand you don't even know why ratings were going up and down and made a thread out of never. Really **** off retard.

Jhoto went downhill the moment it began and the so called "big boost" was most likely the season getting more viewers but not that much so yeah Jhoto is one of the mistakes the creators made and it can't be undone
So creators made a mistake that lead the show to have more viewers? At least think before you post jackass.

@Sayho1234: I was talking about Japan only. Digimon series became a epic fail starting from Digimon Series 3 aka Tamers.

PePer

People should finally realize that competition doesn't wait, the main reason shows get less or more popular is growing or falling competition of other anime shows, so Johto isn't to blame even if it was ****ing bad IMO.

eevil

Banned
PePer,you stupid dumbass ***got,Johto was never bad to begin with and stupid asswholes like you are the reason why Pokemon sucks nowdays,the Kanto and Johto series were the best thing on tv,Johto was a well handled and a well good done saga,boy you are a total retarded ***.

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
Do you know how many people stopped watching because they thought Ash released his Charizard?

I can believe that. If you think about it, Neo was when the Card Game dropped in the US (although it's still my favorite set), and the Fad was mostly over when new Pokemon arrived. You know how most people say "The first 151 are the only Pokemon"? Yeah, it's because of that.

It wasn't bad though, it just lost many original fans and a good amount of steam it had when it first came out. I still LOVE Johto though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Johto really should have been Kanto's length.

Stretching a saga out over 3 years with Ash having the only goal and tons of fillers was an awful idea.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
Dude people, calm down with all the swearing geez. Why everyone is bashing each other since Diamond and Pearl series ended? On to the topic, I wouldn't say Johto isn't the main reason, but the series is certainly not my favorite.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Like their were a couple of times where i felt pokemon went downhill and would never rise back up but i continued to watch it regardless.The only reason why why i never gave up on it is because at least ash had his kanto starters with him.The jhoto gym matches were not as good as the other regions and his jhoto pokemon weren't really spectacular in any way

I beg to differ sir. Most of my favorite Gym battles of all time occured in Johto like the Bugsy versus Ash battle or the Jasmine versus Ash battle later on in the saga. As for Ash's Pokmeon at the time, his Johto Pokemon may not have had the amount of screentime the others had but at least Cyndaquil and Bayleef stood out. Bayleef was one of the strongest Pokemon in terms of physical energy and Cyndaquil was the star in several Gym battles and Fillers. I don't blame Johto for anything, I think the anime just went through a sort of slump as most usually do.

eevil

Banned
CyberCubed,you are a really stupid loser with out a damn brain for that ugly head of your's,Johto didn't need to be at the same length like Kanto which is a stupid idea of a nobody like you,stretching the Johto saga out for 3 years was a great idea and shut up and go to hell you *** ***** monkey.

The 4th Kira,the Johto team had a lot of screentime like the others mister dumbass,boy the fans on this retarded loser site are really damn stupid.

Last edited:

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
CyberCubed,you are a really stupid loser with out a damn brain for that ugly head of your's,Johto didn't need to be at the same length like Kanto which is a stupid idea of a nobody like you,stretching the Johto saga out for 3 years was a great idea and shut up and go to hell you *** ***** monkey.

I'm sorry, but when you have Sentret debut in EP133 (which was after the first Badge), and Furret debut in EP266 (twice the number of episodes it took for a Gen II Pokemon to appear), you know you have a problem. I love the Johto, but there wasn't anything as awesome as the Paul Full Battle or Team Galactic going on in Johto. If there were I would be more supportive of this, but we have Badges, A few side Tournaments that were cool, and then filler.

Johto's awesome, but could've had more 'umpf' to it.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Johto didn't have anything to do with the fall of Pokemon. Fans only think so. But people still was watching the show like fools, then complained about the fact of how awefull it was. Then complained again, that they didn't show enough of Misty when she left. Then complained again when they didn't show enough of Ash's johto pokemon who didn't get enough battle wins. So I think it's really about the pokemon. Ash didn't used train for sh*t while he was in Johto, so that's why it sucked.

Look who is talking. You are the one throwing tantrums like Johto was the main reason why Pokemon went downhill without any proof. And you don't even know how to spell Johto. People like you are good at nothing and are a dead weight on the earth.

Jhoto is the main reason why pokemon went downhill hence the title of this thread duh.Seriously i understand if in life you dont get everything you want but that gives you no right to throw a tantrum expecting to get your way,its quite pathetic to say the least.I choose to spell Jhoto the incorrect way because i feel like it ok.Hmm if im good at nothing what does that make you huh because i know your nothing more than a pitiful excuse of a human being whos just wasting life with their stupidity.Its not like you'll amount to anything so yeah take your fail and disappear from this world :)

But I see something else, you mother ****ing liar.

Ok than enlighten me what is my other account.Eh chill out no need to call me a liar,i don't think you would like me to call you names hmm immature brat :p

My mother is not dead. Guess you aren't always right. So what you gonna do? Commit Suicide. Trust me its the best options. People like you should have born in first place. And I think your mother should also die cause she gave birth to a stupid retard like you and even letting you to touch a computer through which you are only exposing your and your mothers stupidity.

Your mother is most definitely dead inside for having you in her stomach for so long.I wouldn't be surprised if she blamed you for everything wrong with her life.Why dont you take your own advice and Commit Suicide.I promise no one will care when your gone and when your actually buried someone might even piss on your grave haha you deserve it :D Without people like me who would put idiots like you in their place?You are at the very bottom of society and your worth is just as much as the filth that comes off the bottom of my sneaker lol.Dont hate because im awesome,you should be honored that im even acknowledging your existence.

Immaturity is the word that most defines you. A troll who has no life. Just want to show how jackass you are.

Im not a troll and now your accusing me of having no life.Look in the mirrior and you'll see the no life troll lol.Your only making a full of yourself and i almost feel sorry for u.

Just because I have many Animes means I have no life? Well then most of the Japanese people have no life.
On the other hand you don't even know why ratings were going up and down and made a thread out of never. Really **** off retard.

Yep though it depends on how much anime you watch.Wow way to put some of the blame on the Japanese people HAHA.If you weren't so blind and actually read the thread title than you'll see i was asking if the jhoto saga was the main reason as to why pokemon ratings drop even though it actually was lol.You have a dirty mouth again censoring the word doesn't mean i don't know what your saying.

So creators made a mistake that lead the show to have more viewers? At least think before you post jackass.

No i said Jhoto went downhill the moment it began so the ratings were low and the "big boost" wasn't an improvement since it still wasn't as good as the other seasons.Also i highly doubt this big boost even happened btw.I wasn't comparing the big boost to the other seasons only when Jhoto first started and then later on it getting more viewers.Im pretty sure the rating were low overall though lol.Im a jackass? Im glad to know you think so highly of me :)

Encyclopika

The Queen
Let's stop this before it gets worse. Besides, don't we have plenty of threads that go back to this point?

//CLOSED

Status
Not open for further replies.