• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the rest of Alain's Pokèmon except Charizard given to him by Team Flare?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I've personally got used to Trainers having Pokémon whose first and, most likely, last appearance being in a battle just to give them a bigger and more formidable fight against Ash, so the thought of Alain having Flare's Pokémon given to him never crossed my mind.

It's obviously improbable but it'd be a nice twist. Alain is similar to the character Emma from the Looker sidequest in XY's post game (not an exact parallel) in the fact that they're working for Flare while being blind to their true intentions. In the finale of the Looker missions, Xerosic gives Emma his Pokémon so that could've been a potential paralell.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
You think they would bother showing us how he easily captured those Pokémon with a 1 hit KO?

I don't think that's what @345ash-greninja wanted to happen at all. I think he wanted more of a similar thing to what happened with Sawyer's Pokémon, all of whom but Slaking appeared before the league, and even Slaking appeared in the league before the Ash battle. If a similar thing had happened with Alain's Pokémon as what happened with Sawyer's Pokémon, with at least one appearance for each Pokémon before the Ash battle, it would have been clearer that they were Alain's Pokémon. Now, I'm not saying they're not Alain's Pokémon, but I'm explaining why the question exists at all, which could have been averted if they had had other appearances, and it would not have had to be OHKO captures as you say.

Sawyer captured no Pokémon onscreen, but we still saw his Pokémon besides Sceptile:

Slurpuff appeared once before the league and once during the league before Ash (Tierno)
Clawitzer appeared once before the league
Aegislash appeared multiple times before the league, including as a Honedge and as a Doublade
Salamence appeared multiple times before the league, including as a Bagon and as a Shelgon

Slaking didn't debut until the league, but still appeared fighting some random trainer, earlier in the league before the Ash battle