• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was the series reboot really for the best?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Ketchum

Remarkable!
I honestly don't think it was.

The continuity of the series and familiarity of characters such as Ash, TR, and Brock is what made the anime so great and accessible to both new and old fans.

But now that the writers have seemingly flushed all that down the toilet and are starting from square one, do you think it was really for the best?

-Salamence-

enough with the bashing in BW, enough.

we all know what will happen, fan 142 will come and start to argue and then this thread will be one big mess.

enough.

Last edited:

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
With how slow DP was, a number of fans were about to quit, it was needed.

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
Aside from making Ash 10 again, The reboot hasn't done anything that hasn't been done before with a new saga.

uhhhhh

Too sweet
Who knows. Only 4 episodes have aired so far. I'd honestly wait until like the end of the year at best before I make my opinion about it.

Yankees4life

RONALDO!!!
Well...yeah>.>Brock was boring,TR was boring,even Ash was boring>.>They had to do something

This :(

thats why the reboot was made.

I'm thinking the reboot is only for the good. I just hope they haven't completely forgotten about the past, I still want to know what's up with Dawn and Brock. Not yet, but sometime in the future.

Rex Kamex

With how slow DP was, a number of fans were about to quit, it was needed.

If they're not Japanese kids in particular, it wouldn't harm the Japanese makers of the show if those non-target audience members quit watching.

TsukiMirage said:
Aside from making Ash 10 again,

He's been 10 this whole time...

Last edited:

Fa7e

no :(

ash kicked mega *** in DP, i was like YAH! BW's gunna b 1337 ash is gunna rape everyone and maybe win a league for one!

sorry its a reboot, ash cant throw a pokeball, by pikachus power ( even though he got it back, but i doubt it got it back 100% )

awww ash will suck balls again

not saying im possitive, alot of people are saying he wont, but i still think he will

TsukiMirage

Rikudou Master
He's been 10 this whole time...
I meant fanwise. I realize that the anime never revealed any changes in Ash's age, But it was implied that he was getting older. It would have been better to keep on not mentioning his actual age.

BCVM22

But now that the writers have seemingly flushed all that down the toilet and are starting from square one, do you think it was really for the best?

They didn't reboot anything. They're simply electing not to mention any of the past out loud at the moment. Which is fine: the point of a new saga every 4-5 years isn't to display the past, it's to promote the present.

a number of fans were about to quit.

And no one would have cared. Let them quit in their selfish indignation, thinking that its their patronage alone keeping the animated adaptation of a multibillion-dollar franchise afloat.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Of course it was for the best. I think this was the only way to have someone else to replace Brock. And what's exactly the problem? Ash is still in the show. Jessie and James are in the show with important role than ever. Dento replaced Brock. If Iris will have an important role, it will be perfect.

BlueDragonfangirl

Ash didn't age at all, ever since the Kanto saga he's been 10, its just people refused to think he was. Now that we have proofe of him being 10, people are saying he's 10 for this reboot when in fact that's not the case. I think this reboot idea was needed yes, I got tired of Brock, boy was I happy he got replaced. New Pokemon was needed too, if you keep the same Pokemon every saga people would start to get tired of them, admit it.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer

The continuity of the series and familiarity of characters such as Ash, TR, and Brock is what made the anime so great and accessible to both new and old fans.

People had already tried to ask the same questions regarding the fact that since BW is new and the old characters are gone, that it is a bad thing. But the writers know if they kept the same old routines over and over, that they would get sick of it themselves.

BCVM22

Ash has never actually aged beyond 10 - he's fictional, he can do that - and you may have noticed, but his skill level is basically reset at every new start.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

This was only spawned because of the CyberCubed thread about the old characters reappearing. What part of Best Wishes dont you get? the Original Series was about Ash, Misty, Gary, and Brock. The Original Series ended, Gary and Misty left and aren't as important anymore. In the Advance Series, May, Max, Drew and Harley were the important ones, now the Advanced Series is done, so are May, Max, and her rivals. Diamond & Pearl, Dawn, Paul, Barry, Zoey, Kenny and all their rivals were important, now DP is done, so they are gone. Best Wishes is gonna be about Iris & Dent, along with their rivals. Once BW is over, they will too, unless they stick around for another saga but not too sure about that.

You get where I am going with this? Their respective saga's are over, so its only logical that they dont appear like they used to. Who cares. I am sick and tired of all these Reboot sucks ballz. Grow up and take it like a man or just stop watching the show. If you continue watching, stop acting like a brat.

BTW, the reboot was their best decision. Its all about Best Wishes now, not Diamond & Pearl, Original Series, or Advanced Generation, glad they are moving with the present, not the past.

Paul Ketchum

Remarkable!
This was only spawned because of the CyberCubed thread about the old characters reappearing. What part of Best Wishes dont you get? the Original Series was about Ash, Misty, Gary, and Brock. The Original Series ended, Gary and Misty left and aren't as important anymore. In the Advance Series, May, Max, Drew and Harley were the important ones, now the Advanced Series is done, so are May, Max, and her rivals. Diamond & Pearl, Dawn, Paul, Barry, Zoey, Kenny and all their rivals were important, now DP is done, so they are gone. Best Wishes is gonna be about Iris & Dent, along with their rivals. Once BW is over, they will too, unless they stick around for another saga but not too sure about that.

You get where I am going with this? Their respective saga's are over, so its only logical that they dont appear like they used to. Who cares. I am sick and tired of all these Reboot sucks ballz. Grow up and take it like a man or just stop watching the show. If you continue watching, stop acting like a brat.

BTW, the reboot was their best decision. Its all about Best Wishes now, not Diamond & Pearl, Original Series, or Advanced Generation, glad they are moving with the present, not the past.

What are you talking about? I never said anything about bringing old characters back.

Pseudo-Unlegendary

I be an Exotic One
I wasn't too enthralled with DP, to be honest, and I think starting over and giving a few more fresh faces screentime couldn't hurt. Plus, by the end of DP a lot of Team Rocket became predictable and no longer amusing, namely Wobbuffet, so I don't care they started from scratch with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.