• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was there anything different about older copies of FireRed and LeafGreen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterTypeStarter

I very clearly remember on my old copy of LeafGreen (which was a copy that had parts of Pokemon descriptions on Pokedex cut, like Pidgey was "tiny Pokemon" instead of "tiny bird Pokemon) that the item next to the tree in Viridian was a Pokeball rather than a Potion. In fact, I distinctly remember catching a Pidgey with it before delivering Oak's Parcel. There are other things (Like form my memory Agatha had no Golbat on her team, my memory being that Arbok was the only non-Gastly family Pokemon she had). Is my memory that bad or was there something different about early copies of FireRed and LeafGreen?

Nutter t.KK

can Mega Evolve!
I very clearly remember on my old copy of LeafGreen (which was a copy that had parts of Pokemon descriptions on Pokedex cut, like Pidgey was "tiny Pokemon" instead of "tiny bird Pokemon) that the item next to the tree in Viridian was a Pokeball rather than a Potion. In fact, I distinctly remember catching a Pidgey with it before delivering Oak's Parcel. There are other things (Like form my memory Agatha had no Golbat on her team, my memory being that Arbok was the only non-Gastly family Pokemon she had). Is my memory that bad or was there something different about early copies of FireRed and LeafGreen?
The Tiny Pokémon Glitch is well known. But I can't see any reference to Golbat being missing. But then If it was missing, we'd know about it. As it will be very clear when playing the game, especially to the speed runners, as one less Pokémon in a required fight would be significant!

My copies are the European English which are based on the USA 1.1 versions. (Fixed "Tiny Bird" Dex.)

WaterTypeStarter

The Tiny Pokémon Glitch is well known. But I can't see any reference to Golbat being missing. But then If it was missing, we'd know about it. As it will be very clear when playing the game, especially to the speed runners, as one less Pokémon in a required fight would be significant!

My copies are the European English which are based on the USA 1.1 versions. (Fixed "Tiny Bird" Dex.)
The Golbat part could be my memory at fault. But the part of the Pokeball instead of the Potion I feel certain is no mistake on my part. I clearly remember picking up a Pokeball rather than a Potion near the tree and catching a Pidgey before delivering the parcel.

Hydrohs

安らかに眠ります、岩田さん。
Staff member
Super Mod
Status
Not open for further replies.