• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was there anything you liked/enjoyed about the league?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OceanicLanturn

Non non non!
So the league has ended. Bashing started. Now let's feast our eyes on more positive stuff.

Were there any parts of the league that you truly enjoyed?

My favourite episode was when Axew got lost. IMO the other battles were so rushed that this was the only episode I truly enjoyed. It's mainly because of the Bianca x Virgil moments (Bianca and Virgil watching fireworks together was the cutest thing I've seen since sliced bread mated with butter).

Were there anything you liked about the league? I like the fact that Bianca was shown to develop from a rookie to a trainer who beat all 8 gym leaders of Unova. Still not happy how she lost to Kotetsu (chew)

Discuss. Remember: Like not hate!

Last edited:

RandomOne

Randomization
I couldn't find anything I actually liked... It was too rushed and unnecessary at the moment, he should have trained his Pokemons more and actually go far in the league...

I couldn't find anything I actually liked... It was too rushed and unnecessary at the moment, he should have trained his Pokemons more and actually go far in the league...

A pessimist's opinion actually.

I liked Axew Gets Lost episode. The writers did a good job at hinting us with Bianca X Virgil. Even in the end, she tries to share some ice cream with him. They were very subtle in showing that, and written cleverly so that non-believers can argue back. It's basically 'You interpret what you want to interpret'

Battle wise I liked Ash Versus Stephan. Despite the popular hate on the fact that Leavanny was robbed of a win, I still like the desperate last man with type disadvantage standing and then Ash change the tide in the last minute with Aerial Ace.

PokeMaster366

A pessimist's opinion actually.

I liked Axew Gets Lost episode. The writers did a good job at hinting us with Bianca X Virgil. Even in the end, she tries to share some ice cream with him. They were very subtle in showing that, and written cleverly so that non-believers can argue back. It's basically 'You interpret what you want to interpret.

Shipping is good and all, but outside of that and the few league announcements, the whole "Axew Gets Lost" episode felt like a Big-Lipped Alligator Moment. It was just a weird episode and really served no purpose other than to give an excuse to skip some rounds of battle that we would've actually enjoyed to watch. In a nutshell, the whole Unova League felt more like another overglorified Don Battle Tournament. The only battles that we really saw were ones against rivals, and that is stale at best.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
umm stephan battle
:) and no TEAM ROCKET DO SOMETHING UNIMPORTANT IN THE LEAGUE , I RATHER CHOSE AXEW POINTLESS FILLER THEN THEY APPEAR

Pretty much all of it. the axew episode was a little dull but I liked everything else

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
I disliked pretty much everything about this league.

Trip not getting a full battle, that annoying idiot Kotetsu winning only because of his Riolu evolving, Ash not getting the chance to battle Virgil, pretty much all of it. I guess Ash vs Stephan was decent, but I didnt like how Leavanny didnt get to beat Sawk instead of OP Krookodile (who pretty much became a beast that couldnt lose anymore after reaching his final form, he was useless before that)

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Everything, it was literally the best league ever, which isn't surprising considering best wishes is the best saga ever! WOO!

Rizardon

Boulder Trainer
Hey, the way I see it is that's how Burgh, Clay and Skyla feel. :p

I liked how close Ash's and Kotetsu's battle was. Could have gone either way really.

Heh yeah, I guess this arc was really full of bull crap evolution-at-the-last-second victories. xP

As far as I can remember, the previous arcs werent this bad when it came to gym evolutions.

Also, it wasnt really close when you think about it. Kotetsu didnt bring a 6th Pokemon to the match, I believe. And his Hydreigon was powerful enough to nearly sweep half of Ash' team by itself. It was only somewhat 'close' because Kotetsu sent out a Ferrethorn against a Pignite and Swanna against Pikachu (seriously, how did this guy get a Hydreigon? He's stupid as hell)

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
LOL, i thought they were actually making mushrooms

have you watch ouran high school host club? XD

Tamaki and cilan have the same voice actor, and tamaki is where the "growing mushrooms" joke came from.

...Its a hilarious series, though I haven't watched all of it. Think of Cilan as the Tamaki of pokemon, just not spoiled. xD

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon

Tamaki and cilan have the same voice actor, and tamaki is where the "growing mushrooms" joke came from.

...Its a hilarious series, though I haven't watched all of it. Think of Cilan as the Tamaki of pokemon, just not spoiled. xD

Damn, i'm so irrelevant.

I'd love for cilan to add it in someday "if he hasn't already" just because it would suit his character.. somehow. :)

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon

LOL! OHHH! I didn't know they had the same seiyuu! It makes a lot of sense then. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.