• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Was your rival in Gold, Silver, and Crystal always intended to be the son of Team Rocket's Boss?

jaden767

Amphetamine
I bet it occurred to them at some point in development that maybe the Johto rival could be Giovanni's long lost son but they didn't do anything with it probably because they decided in the end not to have Giovanni appear in GSC at all.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
Time restraints and running out of space on a GB cart probably affected a lot in Gen II especially if we take a look at the remakes and the additions that were made to Johto. The Safari Zone is still in the programming but left incomplete and missing Pokémon, Cianwood City looked half finished as it always looked like more was planned for the location given how much the cliffs were shown as the border to the left and there were only three houses plus the Gym and Pharmacy house which is extremely low for a city with a Gym.

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Did Giovanni appear in the 2nd gen remakes? I thought he gave up crime after being defeated in the first games’ story.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Did Giovanni appear in the 2nd gen remakes? I thought he gave up crime after being defeated in the first games’ story.
If you do the Celebi event, you can have a special battle with Giovanni. According to said event, he heard the radio broadcast and chose to rejoin Team Rocket, but decided against it after losing to the player.

FloatzieDPPT

playing Version X
Probably not if you ask me, i feel like the thought about it during the production of HGSS