• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Wasn't Totodile supposed to be in Contests.

I was just watching some old pokemon johto episodes and yesterday I saw Love Totodile style and Totodile was performing like a professional contest Pokemon. So now a question arises that if totodile will ever return will it take part in contest with Ash or the coordinator traveling with Ash. I know that there were no contest in Johto at the time when Ash traveled through it but if Ash again challenges BF and it takes place in Johto this time then it could happen.
What do u people think.......

;158;
;201-t;;201-o;;201-t;;201-o;;201-d;;201-i;;201-l;;011;;201-?;

I wasn't able to find a E So I used a metapod.

I guess you never know in D/P.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Ash's Johto starters + Noctowl are doomed to rot at Oak's lab for the rest of the series.

Ash has no reason to use them anymore. Unless the writers suddenly get nostalgic, don't ever expect to see them again.

Ash's Johto starters + Noctowl are doomed to rot at Oak's lab for the rest of the series.

Ash has no reason to use them anymore. Unless the writers suddenly get nostalgic, don't ever expect to see them again.

It depends whether there will be a GSC remake. If there is I wouldn't be surprised to see Bayleef, Cyndaquil or Totodile again.

DanChimchar

Friends are Diamonds
^ Good Point Like give May a johto Starter so ash brings one of his back to show.

piplup_777

Paparazzi ♪♫
i dont think he will because they rather make new starters

i think the BF willl be in sinnoh though but it would make more sense in jhoto so dawn can do contest there

thunderblade12

I don't think this will ever happen.

However, if Ash did give his Totodile to May, Dawn or even Misty(who originally wanted to catch it anyway) it would probably be evolved to ATLEAST Croconaw by the time they appeared in the anime again. May seems to be rotating her pokemon in Johto, she uses all 7 of hers, Gary always rotated his pokemon and Paul does too.

I actually think a lot of Ash's reserves would be better off if he gave them to one of the former female characters or rivals.

OBSESSED WITH PKNM

I'M BACK...MISS ME?
i just don't really think that we'll ever really see it again, because he's not important anymore and has no use to ash, besides being a water type, or in contests. also that was one episode. whare Totodile was doing all that stuff, beacause he was in love with that other pknm he didn't really care about what he was doing as long as he got her attenchin...

so no i don't think that he'll be in contests too many reason why he wont.

Why Is Totodile So Important Now? Hes Just A Water Type From Johto That Appears In The Second Gen. Everyone Focus On Other Water Types-Totodile Isnt All That Special

End Guy

ROFLstomped

Charizard was in a few Frontier Episodes wasn't it? But I'm pretty sure that was only because he has a fanbase larger than that of Ghandi :p

It depends whether there will be a GSC remake. If there is I wouldn't be surprised to see Bayleef, Cyndaquil or Totodile again.

One can dream

thunderblade12

Buizel and Piplup are the only main pokemon water types now.

90% of the people here hate Piplup and almost everybody think Buizel is being overexposed and needs to take a backseat to Ash's other pokemon.

PokeTrainerGrim

Master Breeder
You have to love Totodile... he's a lot more lovable than Piplup... and about 10000000 times less annoying...... and Buizel is cool, but his overexposure so far may lead up to him being replaced for Totodile, if there does happen to be a GSC remake/battle frontier type thing

End Guy

ROFLstomped
*agree*

Totodile was a favorite of mine, and still is. However Totodile wasn't exactly one of the pokémon people look back on and say that he defined his region (he didn't really; Johto League Champions theme song did zomg).

PokeTrainerGrim said:
You have to love Totodile... he's a lot more lovable than Piplup... and about 10000000 times less annoying......

Super true

thunderblade12

Totodile never really won anything important..which sucks. Totodile definatly deserved it but it came across as a weakling and never got stronger, no special training, nothing. The only major battle I remember the thing winning was against Harrison's Sneasle and a few battles against random weaklings at the Whirl Cup, it even lost against Misty without even taking out one of her pokemon.

Pikachu was the star of Whitney's gym and Pryce's gym
Cyndaquil was the star of like 2 gyms and was in most of the others
Bayleef was Ash's only pokemon to evolve, starred in a gym and learned a new attack
Noctowl starred in Morty's gym
Even Heracross and Phanphy had a few impressive wins at the league
(Heracross vs Gary's Magmar, Phanphy battling Macie)

Totodile was the only pokemon on Ash's Johto team NOT to star in a gym(Phanphy and Heracross weren't around long enough to count them), and he didn't exactly make up for it in the league.

Falkner - Charizard
Bugsy - Cyndaquil
Whitney - Pikachu
Morty - Noctowl
Chuck - Bayleef
Jasmine - Cyndaquil
Pryce - Pikachu
Claire - Charizard

Macie - Squirtle
Jackson - Bulbasaur
Gary - Charizard
Harrison - Charizard

I just realized this rant is irrelevant, but maybe it will show some of the people who haven't realized how much Totodile was shafted

char-cario

Totodile, like his other Johto starters, have been screwed over by the writers in the terrible Johto arc. It's good to give Totodile and Cyndaquil a chance at redemption though.

i just don't really think that we'll ever really see it again, because he's not important anymore and has no use to ash, besides being a water type, or in contests. also that was one episode. whare Totodile was doing all that stuff, beacause he was in love with that other pknm he didn't really care about what he was doing as long as he got her attenchin...

so no i don't think that he'll be in contests too many reason why he wont.

Actually in the starting it was not performing for his love, he just saw a magikarp and start juggling with them using water gun.
Maybe we could see totodile in BF because he is among the most underused pokemon.