• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Water Deck - Build 1.2

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Water Deck - Build 1.3

I've made some changes to my deck with some cards my friends and I got. Our decks have gotten considerably better, but any recommendations are welcome.

3x Swampert (Primal Clash 36/160)
3x Mudkip (Primal Clash 33/160)
1x Kyogre EX (Primal Clash 54/160)
1x Seismitoad EX (Furious Fists 20/111)
1x Articuno (Roaring Skies 17/108)
1x Milotic (Flashfire 23/106)
1x Milotic (Primal Clash 44/160)
2x Feebas (Flashfire 22/106)
2x Whiscash (Primal Clash 41/160)
2x Barboach (Primal Clash 39/160)

3x Rough Seas
2x Pokémon Center Lady
1x Pokémon Fan Club
1x Professor Birch's Observations
2x Professor Sycamore
1x Team Flare Grunt
2x Teammates
2x Tierno
2x Xerosic
1x Battle Compressor
2x Dive Ball
1x Energy Retrieval
2x Evosoda
1x Hard Charm
1x Professor's Letter
3x Rare Candy
2x Switch

14x Water Energy

Let's go over the changes that I made, starting with the Pokémon. I got rid of the Marshtomp in favour of extra Rare Candies to speed up getting it out faster. I was fortunate enough to get a Seismitoad and the fact that it locks opponents out of using items is something that I greatly appreciate. I would like to run more, but the card is pretty expensive. Maybe I'll get lucky. I got rid of Manaphy since I just don't make use of it anymore. Why waste a Pokémon as utility when I have some decent items? I kept in the Milotic from Flashfire that knocks itself out to add energies from the discard pile to a Pokémon because that can be very helpful, but I also added in the Milotic from Primal Clash in as well. What it does is add a card from my discard pile to hand when I evolve it from the hand. That can be useful to recycle cards that I used up. The last addition I made to my Pokémon is that I added another Whiscash and took out Furfrou.

Now for my Stadiums and Supporters. I added in two more Rough Seas since they not only help me out, but they also get rid of my opponents Stadiums. I added in Pokémon Center Lady because healing is always a good thing. I took out a Birch's Observations and added in Sycamore. It is such a good card. It really helped speed my deck up quite a bit! Team Flare Grunt was added just because taking any energy is really helpful. Wally was taken out in favour for another Xerosic.

Item time. Battle Compressor was added in. I can use it in combo with the Milotic that knocks itself out as well as for thinning the deck. There's quite a few uses it has. I changed the number of some item cards just because I didn't want to run too little or too many. The biggest addition is adding in two Rare Candies to bring my total to 3. It speeds up getting Swampert out a lot!

That's pretty much it for major changes. I've been eyeing some other cards to add in as well. Slurpuff from Phantom Forces could help in terms of draw power. Another Pokémon I've been eyeing is Primal Kyogre EX. Getting out would be no problem for me whatsoever. I just don't know how it would perform. If any of you have any suggestion to make my deck better I will gladly take a look! Just no that I am not using any cards from the Black and White sets.

So some friends and I have gotten back into the playing the Pokémon TCG and it's been fun. We'v been expanding our collection and improving our decks. I think my deck is decent, but not enough to do good in a competitive environment, and getting advice from other people would help quite a bit. Just know that my deck is made with the Modified Format in mind, but I'm only using cards in the XY series since that's what my friends and I agreed on. Also know that I am on a bit of a budget. I won't go dropping a ton of cash on just a few cards unless it would be absolutely necessary. Without further ado, here's the deck:

3x Swampert (Primal Clash 36/160)
3x Marshtomp (Primal Clash 34/160)
3x Mudkip (Primal Clash 33/160)
1x Kyogre EX (Tin)
1x Articuno (Roaring Skies 17/108)
1x Manaphy (Primal Clash 56/160)
1x Milotic (Flashfire 23/106)
2x Feebas (Flashfire 22/106)
1x Whiscash (Primal Clash 41/160)
2x Barboach (Primal Clash 39/160)
1x Furfrou (XY 114/146) - This is filler

1x Rough Seas
1x Pokémon Fan Club
2x Professor Birch's Observations
1x Shauna
2x Teammates
2x Tierno
1x Wally
1x Xerosic
2x Dive Ball
2x Energy Retrieval
2x Evosoda
1x Hard Charm
3x Professor's Letter
1x Rare Candy
2x Switch

17x Water Energy

The main purpose of this deck is to get Swampert out and beat things down with it as well as take advantage of it's Diving Search ability to plan out how my next turn will go (or prepare for getting another Swampert out) and Alpha Growth to load it up with energies. I plan on swapping out the Marshtomp with Rare Candy since that seems to be the way to go. Kyogre EX is my other big guy since I can put foes to sleep. Articuno serves the same purpose plus its Delta Plus trait nets me an extra Prize Card with each kill. Manaphy is there for utility just in case I need it. Milotic is something I like in this build. It allows me to put 3 energies onto anything else I have, which is good for Swampert or anything else really. Whiscash is there if I can't get Swampert out since I can easily get enough energies on it since it also has Alpha Growth. As stated above, Furfrou is filler for now.

Trainers are where I feel I could improve with the most. Let's start with the Stadium and Supporters. Rough Seas is there to heal things up, especially if Whiscash uses Earthquake to damage my bench. Fan Club is there to search basics that I need, mainly Mudkip, Kyogre EX, or Articuno. Birch's Observations and Shauna are there when I need a new hand. I've been finding a lot of use with Teammates. I can use that to get Swampert out next turn a lot of the time or find other trainer cards to thin the deck. Tierno is there for draw power. Wally is really helpful since I can immediately evolve, while Xerosic is there to slow down the opponent.

Now for Items. Dive Ball is really instrumental to this deck. A free water Pokémon with no drawbacks is amazing! If Milotic isn't in play then Energy Retrieval is useful, especially when I use that alongside Swampert or Whiscash's Alpha Growth. Evosoda is there for evolving of course and the Hard Charm is there since it can come in handy. Running 3 Professor's Letters seems to be handy in getting a lot of energies into my hand. Rare Candy is where I feel like I might need a couple more. Bypassing Marshtomp would speed things up quite a bit and using just one as saved me in a game or two. Switch is also handy since a lot of Pokémon in my deck have high retreat costs.

Finally the rest is just energies. I'm not sure if it's too much, but it seems to be workable right now. That's it for my deck. For a deck that isn't trying to win in a super major tournament I think it's decent, but advice is definitely appreciated!

Last edited:

ven?

Kanto Region Champ
If you'd like you can combo diving draw with tasting slurpuff, a stage 1 fairy tech card that lets you draw 1 card per turn, 2 cards if in the active position.

I would definitely suggest thickening up your pokemon lines, adding more draw and search trainer cards go a long way in setting things up, for instance in the case of swampert, wallys or 2-3 more rare candy would go a long way to make a difference, creating a decent 1 energy attacker is a decent idea so it takes early pressure off of swampert. Trainers make a solid difference in a deck, thanks for posting.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
Thanks for the suggestions. I've considered adding in Slurpuff. Now I have a quick question. If I have two Swampert in play and a Slurpuff can I use one Swampert's Diving Search then Slurpuff's Tasting to draw a card, then use my other Swampert's Diving Search for my next turn? Also what would be a good attacker that only requires one energy to use? I do agree that having something like that would be very helpful in my deck, but I can't really think of one to use.

neo darkrai

Amateur YouTuber
I updated the deck. Changes can be seen in the first post. I feel like I made some really nice changes.