• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Water Pokemon Team in Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClassicalwaterPokemon

I am starting Emerald over and I am going to do an all water team and I would like to know what pokemon would be best for a team. right now I have mudkip. move sets and suggestions would be appreciated.

Your options for fully evolved water types in Emerald are:

Swampert
Ludicolo
Pelipper
Seaking
Gyarados
Azumarill
Tentacruel
Sharpedo
Wailord
Whiscash
Crawdaunt
Milotic
Starmie
Golduck
Walrein
Relicanth
Corsola
Lanturn
Kingdra (requires trading, otherwise use Seadra)
Huntail
Gorebyss

If you ask me, your best options would be:

Swampert/Whiscash- These guys are pretty sweet options since they are paired up with the ground type, only giving them one weakness (grass). They both get stab on Earthquake and can utilize physical moves pretty well.

Ludicolo/Tentacruel- These two both get Giga Drain and also have pretty useful type combos. Ludicolo has access to more HP restoration moves such as Leech Seed and Rain Dance (if you have the Rain Dish ability), and Tentacruel has Sludge Bomb.

Crawdaunt/Sharpedo- These guys both have pretty decent Attack and Sp. Attack, and they both get Crunch. Crawdaunt gets Brick Break, and Sharpedo gets Earthquake. Crawdaunt is slower with higher defense, Sharpedo is faster with much lower defense.

Lanturn- The Water/Electric type combo along with the Volt Absorb ability is quite useful. It gets stab on Thunderbolt which will come in handy.

As for the rest... I'll leave that up to you. Here are some facts about the other pokemon I haven't mentioned:
Starmie gets stab on Psychic.
Walrein gets stab on Ice Beam.
Relicanth has Ancient Power and Yawn.
Seadra/Kingdra learn Dragon Breath as an egg move (breeding with Altaria). But remember, if you want to use Kingdra, that will require trading.

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
I am starting Emerald over and I am going to do an all water team and I would like to know what pokemon would be best for a team. right now I have mudkip. move sets and suggestions would be appreciated.

Here are some good Water Pokemon:
Milotic @ Leftovers
Nature:Bold/Modest/Calm
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Hypnosis

Ludicolo @ Leftovers
Nature:Modest/Timid
Moves:
Rain Dance
Leech Seed
Toxic/Ice Beam/Giga Drain
Surf

Gyarados @ Leftovers/Liechi Berry
Nature:Adamant/Jolly
Moves:
Earthquake
Return/Double-Edge
Taunt
Dragon Dance

Starmie @ Leftovers
Nature:Timid
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Thunderbolt
Recover/Reflect/Rapid Spin

Golduck @ Leftovers
Nature:Mild/Rash
Moves:
Cross Chop
Surf
Ice Beam
Psychic

Kingdra @ Leftovers
Nature:Modest
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Rain Dance
Toxic

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Nature:Calm/Modest
Ability:Volt Absorb
Moves:
Surf
Confuse Ray
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt

Slowking @ Leftovers
Nature:Bold
Moves:
Surf
Flamethrower/Ice Beam/Psychic
Calm Mind
Rest/Thunder Wave

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Nature:Calm
Moves:
Surf
Ice Beam
Rest
Calm Mind/Thunder Wave

These are just a few of many good Water types out there.

^Remember though, that you can't get Slowbro or Slowking in Emerald until you've gotten the national dex.

Kveran

Pinin' for the fjord
Walrein (STAB on Ice Beam, Earthquake)
Lapras (STAB on Ice Beam; can BoltBeam; believe it has access to Hypnosis as well)
Tentacruel (Poison is SEfx on Grass)
Relicanth

My personal opinion would be:
SWAMPERT @ Leftovers
Substitute
Earthquake
Counter/Curse
Focus Punch/Brick Break/Return/Body Slam/Strength (if you are not using an HM slave)

LANTURN @ Leftovers/Chesto Berry, Volt Absorb, Modest (EV trained in SpAtk)
Thunderbolt
Surf
Thunder Wave/Toxic/Confuse Ray/Protect
Rest

STARMIE @ Leftovers, Natural Cure, Timid
Thunderbolt
Surf
Ice Beam/Psychic
Recover
(Psychic is a viable option if you would rather save your Ice Beam and have some Fighting/Gengar coverage.)

LUDICOLO @ Leftovers, Modest or Calm
Leech Seed
Giga Drain/Synthesis
Toxic/Rain Dance/Synthesis
Surf
(Obviously, if Rain Dance, then not Synthesis. You can also be incredibly annoying with Rain Dance, Rain Dish, Leech Seed, and Double Team. Just sayin'.)

One of the following:

SHARPEDO @ Salac Berry if you can get it, Timid nature, maxed Speed EVs
Endure
Flail
Crunch
Surf

RELICANTH @ Choice Band/Leftovers, Rock Head, Adamant nature
Double Edge/Sleep Talk
Rock Slide/Sleep Talk
Earthquake/Sleep Talk
Rest/Yawn

And one of the following:

LAPRAS @ Leftovers, Water Absorb, Bold or Modest
Rest
Sleep Talk/Surf
Thunderbolt
Ice Beam

WALREIN @ Leftovers
Surf
Earthquake
Rest
Sleep Talk/Snore
(Plays like poor man's Swampert, only not quite as good.)

or

MILOTIC @ Leftovers, Bold
Surf
Ice Beam
Recover
Hypnosis
(Switch into Thunder Wave or Will-o-Wisp and watch as Marvel Scale makes Milotic a very unkillable Loch Ness Monster.)

Last edited:

ClassicalwaterPokemon

right now my team is swampert lvl 51, surf,dive,take down, mud-slap. Wailord lvl 45 water pulse, mist, rest, water spout, and sealo lvl 40 rest,body slam, hail, aurora beam

azeem40

Pokemon is fun!
right now my team is swampert lvl 51, surf,dive,take down, mud-slap. Wailord lvl 45 water pulse, mist, rest, water spout, and sealo lvl 40 rest,body slam, hail, aurora beam

Swampert
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Protect/Roar
- Earthquake

or

Swampert
- Rock Slide
- Curse
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam/Surf

The last choice is whether you want STAB or coverage against his only weakness:Grass.

Walrein
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Encore

Wailord
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
- Amnesia/Body Slam

You're not allowed to ask for a team built for you. You have to think of at least four Pokemon by yourself with movesets. Please read the RMT rules.

closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.