• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Water team

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
thats ur opinion and yeah i dont really care if ima beginner and i did no kyogre could no thunder i do have him! and pp don't matter pp is just attack points less the pp more powerful the attack and what if hydro cannon beat a pokemon u could switch it and change 2 another pokemon but if all ur pokemon have fainted it doesnt matter if u lose how u play the game DUH.

i was using kyogre as an example of course your more likely to have him >_> like most people on the forum do...if you lose that might be how you play the game but more people on here are more competitive and would rather train there pokemon to win during competitive battles and if that team can't beat the E4 then they have to rethink strategy about it.

it may be that the less pp you have the more powerful the attack but how often will that attack hit compared to surf 15pp all will hit except in cases of evasion up and accuracy loss attacks.

and this is not my opinion its basic knowledge of movesets >_> in your fire team people will tell you to change your movesets as you are not covering your weaknesses

your not the only one who says that i used to say why not use hydro pump or cannon and there are plenty of people who still say it, but being a game designer i have to look into the game mechanics of the game so looking at it the other way is better for me

Last edited:

Roboevil

To those who've suggested using other Pokémon. I'm not going to as I'd rather comprise my team of those I like, than those I dislike; such as Whiscash, Swampert, Quagsire or Lanturn.

With Kingdra, I do not see Electric as a weakness. It's not an offense, and it would just create longer battles, but they wouldn't be impossible.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
well people will just keep going on about changing your team to cover weaknesses

but i don't see why you need both Lapras and Walrein, they are both water/ice you could at least change one of them, you don't have to change it for a water/ground although it is recommended as a water team has a weakness to electric attacks (like you didn't already know that :p)

you could go with

Poliwrath water/fighting
Ludicolo water/grass
Crawdaunt water/dark
Pelipper/Gyarados water/flying
Kabutops/Omastar water/rock

the idea of using a single typed team is for the challenge so you have to cover all your weaknesses having just water and water/ice isn't covering your weaknesses, you may have Kingdra that takes normal damage from electric but again water/ground take no damage from electric but have a weakness to grass, that is where water/flying comes in, but they have a weakness to electric so the water/ground covers it.

just look into diversing your water types to duel types, with ones you like...(other than the ones your using now)

To: Roboevil
You didn't list Ludicolo so should it do
it takes Neutral for electric

You didn't list Ludicolo so should it do

crazymoose

Tailow!
Lanturn with Volt Absorb would be really good, but I don't like him.

I agree with you on Focus Blast, my Alakazam has it and it's quite effective. I'm not too keen on its accuracy though.

I don't need Blastoise with Ice beam... I already have Ice Punch, Hail, Ice Beam and Blizzard in my team. The same applies for Kingdra with Ice beam--plus Attract can be very effective.

I want Walrein to have Brine, he has loads of health and good defense so he can withstand attacks with half HP. Plus Is have Surf with everyone else.
brine's power doubles when your opponents health is halved, not your own

Sam The Ham6

and i dont care WHAT u lot say about hydro CANNON AND PUMP!!!!

Please use the edit button instead of double-posting as someone mentioned earlier.

Second, hydro pump and hydro cannon are inferior to surf in many ways.

Hydro cannon is a horrible move as it only has 90% accuracy and 150 power. If you just do simple math, surf is more powerful than hydro cannon AND has better accuracy.

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
lol yeah sorry about that jj10120 i was trying to give you a few pointers cause at the time i said you were a beginning trainer in your banner :)

Roboevil like i said above you could go with

Poliwrath water/fighting
Ludicolo water/grass
Crawdaunt water/dark
Pelipper/Gyarados water/flying
Kabutops/Omastar water/rock

there are many water type combo's you don't have to use water/ground but would be recommended

jj10120

brine is a good move and if u can get one of ur pokemon water spout u be beating ground fire etc cos its got 100 accuracy and 150 power (not effect on grass poison bug i think thats it) And no recoil

Valdoom

Team Armageddon
aye Brine is good but Surf is better for most pokemon

jj10120 it depends if he wants to use Wailord or Kyogre but it is a good idea for Wailord, hopefully he'll take it into consideration

Roboevil

I do like Wailord, and I would consider him fitting in, but no. Water Spout is really good, I had a Camerupt with Eruption and it's very useful.