1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Water team

Discussion in '4th Gen RMT' started by Lucario0708, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Lucario0708

Lucario0708 Destiny Combining...

After much consideration i have devised a water type team with a twist, my greatest invention(i think, please dont kill me), CROPERT. this is NOT for BT but for battles with friends and for fun

Lead:

Kyogre (Modest) @Leftovers
    Drizzle
    ~Surf
    ~Ice beam
    ~Thunder
    ~Calm mind

He sets up sub, the CMs and attacks, very simple

Physical sweeper:

Kingdra (Adamant) @Leftovers
    Swift swim
    ~Dragon Dance
    ~Outrage
    ~Waterfall
    ~Substitute/Yawn

Standard Dragon dance Kingdra

Tentacruel (Calm) @Leftovers
    Liquid ooze
    ~Toxic Spikes
    ~Rapid Spin
    ~HP Electric
    ~Surf

Standard spiker

Special Sweeper:

Lanturn (Calm) @Leftovers
    Volt absorb(What else?)
    ~Surf
    ~Thunderbolt
    ~Ice Beam
    ~Toxic

Standard Standard Standard, see my problem? STANDARD help me kill off standard

Main Attacker 1:

Manaphy (Timid) @Life orb
    Hydration
    ~Rest
    ~Surf
    ~Tail Glow
    ~Ice beam

pure PWNAGE. rest + hydration + Kyogre's neverending rain makes this a healing BEAST. Tail Glow for Power up and Surf for STAB. Ice beam for coverage.

Main Attacker 2:

Swampert (Careful) @Leftovers
    Torrent
    ~Rest
    ~Sleep Talk
    ~Waterfall
    ~Brick break

The Star of the show, Cropert uses rest and sleep talk along with waterfall and brick break

i'm pretty sure the main water weaknesses are covered

deleted spams that people do cuz it entices them....

Things in Bold are edited

Last edited: Oct 9, 2009
  2. Final

Final I Submit to No One

Suggestions bolded and also last part fixed for emphasis and LOLz. You also have nothing to really hit Shedinja with if Toxic Spikes aren't up. It will actually wall your entire team if they aren't up. You probably should go with Toxic on Lanturn over Thunder Wave for that reason since Status bypasses Wonder Guard.

3. Dan The Poke Man

Dan The Poke Man MEGAMEGAMEGA

dude ur gonna get friggin killed out there now think of them making an electric legendary besides rotom ur screwd regardless

4. Ampy

Ampy Light The Stars

U R SO RITE.

No. That's the point of having a a monotype team... it's for the challenge. Swampert can help you with your Rotom problem, but I'd suggest running something like Kingdra since this team will be destroyed by ScarfMie if you use it competitively... Kingdra won't take more then neutral damage from any attack from Starmie and can switch into Surf easily. I'd also suggest adding something like Zapdos or Raikou... preferably Raikou since Zapdos might want Heat Wave to get rid of Grass types. The sets are your choice. As of now Lanturn is your only hope against Starmie. Also Lanturn wants Thunder over Thunderbolt...

P.S. By the way Rotom isn't legendary, and Zapdos and Raikou are.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2009
  5. Final

Final I Submit to No One

Kindly shut up with your bad knowledge. Swampert is immune to Electric Attacks and Lanturn is immune to them and uses them for recovery. Kyogre also can't be hurt be Special Attacks when behind a Sub after a few Calm Minds.

6. Vaporeon4evr

Vaporeon4evr Cyndakill

wHy DoEsN't ThIs TeAm HaVe GyArAdOs, hE iS tEh PwNz0rZ!!!!!!!!11111111 YoU aRe An IdIoT fOr NoT pUtTiNg HiM iN hEaR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111111111 WaTeR sUx, FyRe RuLeZ yEr SkOoLz!!!!!!!!!!!11111111

7. Eon Master

Eon Master Born from the Flames

Please, for the love of God(or whatever you believe in), PLEASE put THUNDER on either KYOGRE or LANTURN. 120BP+100%acc. in rain=Ouch. Do you even need Sub on Kyogre? I'd put Thunder there personally. And over Thunderbolt on Lanturn if you decide to put it there.
    And on a lighter note, take full advantage of the rain and add a Luvdisc to your team to sweep with also.

8. RayRay

RayRay asillywonderfulman

Does Damp Rock work on Kyogre? Wouldn't that be a good option to have, to prolong the Rain

9. Dan The Poke Man

exuse me i didnt see swampert im not big on reading i read water type team and kyogre and then i posted sorry for my lack of reading

10. Eon Master

Doesn't the Drizzle ability last the whole battle, so there's no need for Damp Rock?

11. Dan The Poke Man

i didnt remembers zapdos and raikou i havent seen them forevers

12. Lucario0708

Lucario0708 Destiny Combining...

Eon, yes i believe in God, and ON TOPIC i'm retarded for not using thunder

Final, thanks, i'll take it into consideration

Vappy, i asked for no one to do that, so instead of spamming, can u rate please?

EDIT: if i DO put in Kingdra, who will he replace?

Ray Ray, Thats why i HAVE kyogre, so his ability makes neverending rain unless another weather affect comes which then i just switch out and back to kyogre, which those sandstreamers(Tyranitar / Groudon / Hippowdon) will get killed by surf anyway

Last edited: Oct 7, 2009
  13. Ampy

Ampy Light The Stars

Actually Zapdos or Raikou are the better choices here... Raikou can be a beast with Rain up

14. Eon Master

^The team is water monotype, see the title :/
    On topic, Kingdra over Walrein. He's not doing much for the team support, and you have a Curse user already. And since CroPert is supposed to be "The Star of the Show", you can replace Walrein.

15. Evilyn

Evilyn _

I don't see how Swampert's supposed to be your main here. Your Team is not supporting him at all, in fact this Team is basically just Kyogre and five random water pokemon thrown together.

Also Rain offence is supposed to be fast and quick hitting, not bulky and slow.

16. Ampy

Ampy Light The Stars

:/

Monotype teams can have 1 wildcard (although I don't know if that applies to what the OP wants)

17. Evilyn

Evilyn _

This accounts for "Competitive" mono type teams. Not to mention he already has no wild card so if you ask me it should be assumed he doesn't want one.

Just throwing my two cents out there.

18. Ampy

Ampy Light The Stars

Yes, I know exactly why I said "I don't know if the OP wants one"

19. elephantdog

elephantdog ÜberlegenDeLeuteHier

You should throw in a Kingdra. It's only weak to Dragon so it's more types your opponent is going to need.

20. Ampy

Ampy Light The Stars

^

Thanks for repeating me :/